--------Gattuso-----------------Seedorf-------

---------------Rivaldo / Rui-------------------

------Sheva-----------Pippo / JDT--------------

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
This year Ancelotti has concocted a great plan. This is what I see him doing. When we play a tough opponent like Inter or Real he plays with only one striker Pippo and Sheva and Rivaldo as an extra midfielder/attacker. In this situation he can only play Pippo or Sheva cause neither of them can play that same roll. Sheva would be better suited then Pippo to do it but it would be a waste of his talents. Ancelotti is absolutely doing the right thing by playing whatever striker is in better form when he can only play one of them. That way they basically play a 4-5-1. We can clog the midfield and take control of the entire game. Brilliant!

But when he plays a weaker opponent he should sit Rivaldo play Pippo and Sheva (or even tomasson sometimes) together with Rui or Pirlo as attacking midfielders. If they want to win the CL and the Seria A the entire team will have to realize that they will have to sit sometimes for the tactics that are being employed and the good of the team.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Dida
Simic, Nesta, Maldini, KK
Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Rui
Sheva, Rivaldo

I think Sheva and Rivaldo play together much better than with Inzaghi.

Perhaps JDT will play against Empoli with Sheva and Ancelotti will rest Rivaldo and Inzaghi since they will be needed for the CL games.

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
im an attackin person, i'd for 3-5-2, but it might not work as our defense is not the great wall of china... so 4-4-2 is not bad, we are playing awesome with it anyway

heres my 3-5-2 though:

Dida
Simic-Nesta-Maldini
Gattusso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Rui-Rivaldo
Pippo-Sheva...

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
cmm'n!!!
why in the world would you play two playmakers???? rui and rivaldo, two person in the whole world who like to keep the ball as long as possible. DISASTER!!! I would leave 2 strikers with playmaker behind and put serginho on the wing. rest is just fine with me.

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
it is not a disaster, watch Milan-Real, Milan-Inter... our 2 best performances this year if you ask me, we played with rui and riva as playmakers...

but i kind of agreee with you now after watching the empoli match, but my belief is not that the playmakers is too much, but the strikers... if i played a 3-5-2 i would like:

Dida
Simic-Nesta-Maldini
Gattusso-Ambrosini-Seedorf-Serginho
Rui Costa
Rivaldo-Shevchenko

however you know rivaldo's magic, even when used as a forward he is everywhere, he is playmaking in the back, running up top, rui costa is also playmaking... serginho pushes forward, while seedorf, max and rino are the core of the midfield winning balls.... however in that lineup rui and riva operate deep while serginho pushes forward to assist sheva so it can be viewed as serginho being the 2nd forward not riva...

if we play 4-4-2 i'd like to see:

Dida
Simic-nesta-Maldini-Kaladze
gattusso-Ambrosini-Seedorf
Rui Costa
Rivaldo-Sheva

in this formation the wingbacks can push forward (kaladze and simic), while seedorf and rino cover, and rino and seedorf can also attack (as we saw against real madrid), rivaldo and rui operate deep and work their magic while sheva does the digging... FORZA MILAN

Reaction score
Below is my most prefered formation at the moment

---------------Dida------------
-----------Nesta--Maldini--Simic
---Kaladze----------------------
----------Gattuso--Pirlo\Ambrosini--------
--------------Rui----Seedorf--
--------Rivaldo----------------
-------------------Sheva------

1) Goal keeper: Dida. I know many people here prefer Abiati to Dida. My choice however is Dida. He has been playing superb. Quick reaction and good reach. He also seemed to have good luck as well (Blocking close range shots from few world class strikers).
2) The defence: Maldini, Nesta are certain to be in my line up. I would be mad enough to leave them out. Simic is not fast but good in marking and area defending. KK imo has improved a lot this season. He totally shut down Figo in Real game. he also can support in attack as he many times assited pippo.
3) Midfield: Guttuso is irreplaceable. We all know his importance to Milan. Pirlo is my first choice for matches where the opponents are not so physical. Otherwise, Ambro is prefered. Seedorf and Rui have been superb. I must say that to me they are playing the best football in their career. Specially Rui. They may need a rest. A short one though.
4) The attack: Rivaldo and sheva is my first choice (sorry to pippo's fans). Izaghi run has dried out. Now, sheva has proved that he is coming back. So he is my first choice. Riva is kinda of players that can change the whole match around in second so i stick with him (although i personally dont like him that much)

By the way, what is the hell wrong with Milanmania.

Cheers

feddydaddy69

Beginner
Reaction score
i must say i agree with you keeny the team all round is great, i am very impressed with KK he has showen alot of this year i mean he is turning out more like thurm in left back and he is coming up and doing good in def and he is great in crossing and very good infront of goal, and with Rui and Seedorf they are playing amazing football you can see how they take their time and play their game its like no one is marking them and they seem from anther plant, only Rivo has alittle of adjustment to do and he will bomb them when he is at his best, and when Shevo and inzaghi play well together and show them that are soo tough to stop :devil:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
like ancelotti said, we can play rivaldo sheva inzaghi rui and redondo at once.. i think when we need creativity we can use them, but when possesion is more important we should use gattuso, seedorf and perhaps ambrosini..

creative (and most intimidating) lineup: (serginho brings flavour :D :D )

----------------------- abbiati ------------------------

simic-----------nesta----------maldini-------kaladze

--redondo--------------------------------serginho----
--------------rui costa--------rivaldo------------------

-------inzaghi-------------------------shevchenko----

possesionistic (and more likely)

------------------------ dida ----------------------------

simic------------nesta----------maldini--------kaladze

gattuso-----------pirlo/redondo----------------seedorf

----------------------rui costa---------------------------

---------inzaghi-------------------------shevchenko----

and, of course, the COPPA ITALIA TEAM!!!

----------------------- fiori ------------------------------

clayton-------laursen---------roque------aubameyang

dalla bona-----------brocchi----------------ambrosini

-------------------------BA!------------------------------

---------------boriello---------tomasson---------------

:D :D :D

Reaction score
==============ABBIATI============

=SIMIC=====NESTA=====MALDINI======KALADZHE

====GATTUSO====SEEDORF=====PIRLO========

==============RUI COSTA===============

=========INZAGHI=====SHEVCHENKO=====

Reaction score
How about this...

------------------------------DIDA---------------

DEF------------Laursen----NESTA----MALDINI

DFM--------------GATTUSO-----REDONDO

MID-RUI COSTA--------SEDORFF--------SERGINHO

ATT---------------SHEVA------------PIPPO

3-2-3-2.. Doesn´t it speak for it self ?

PEACE

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
------------------Dida------------------ (GK)
---Simic--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze--- (D)
----------Gattuso--Serghino---------- (DM)
------------------Pirlo------------------ (M)
---------------Rui Costa--------------- (AM)
------------Pippo---Sheva------------ (F)

:D

Reaction score
This the formation I like aganist Udinese.

Dida

Simic ---- Nesta ----- Maldini ----- Kaladze

Rui Costa --- Seedorf ---- Pirlo

Riva

Shevchenko ---- Tomasson

I go with this formation for both defense and playmaking ability. I like Rui Costa and Pirlo and the wings to play it up the sides (I beleive Serghino is best at this that is why I wish him a speedy recovery, and I put Seedorf in the middle for more defense. Riva plays behind the forwards for playmaking and long shots out of the box like against Piacenza. I play Shevchenko because he had been consistent and rest Phippo. However and not many mention this but I think Tomasson deserves his shot other than Coppa Italia he is so solid a great player

Forza Milan

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matty B said:
I like Rui Costa and Pirlo and the wings to play it up the sides (I beleive Serghino is best at this that is why I wish him a speedy recovery, and I put Seedorf in the middle for more defense.
Forza Milan

NoNo! --- Rui Costa and Pirlo are playmakers! not wingers, they play thru the middle, Rui being the preffered attacking playmaker to Riva, who is more a creative attacker who is more at home with a less advanced striking position. Pirlo's position is the defensive p/m, situated in front of maldini and nesta, Seedorf is more of a winger.

also inzaghi deserves his spot in attack, even if hes not at top form/fitness, he is better than tomasson anyday.

because Udinese will be a tough game for us - and Riva and Pirlo played so well against Piacenza, i think they will be valuable in the makeup of the run on team, with Rui, who was inspired form against chievo in the coppa.

---------------------------------Dida----------------------------------

Simic-----------------Nesta---------------Maldini-----------Kaladze

-------Seedorf-----------------Pirlo----------------Gattuso---------

---------------------------------Rui-----------------------------------

---------------------Inzaghi-------------Rivaldo---------------------

i think Shevchenko will make way for Inzaghi (rotation) but may replace either of the two strikers if either of them are having a poor match at Udinese. If they both play equal i think Rivaldo will be more likely to come off.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
my oppinion on the formation of milan after playin' hattrick for a few months:

tomasson: poor form,healthy,[powerful][head]
stamina:solid
playmakin':inadequate passin':solid
winger:wretched defence:poor
scorin':solid set pieces:poor

i think rate him like this is quite correct.he has been playin' the role of 'deffensive forward' in danmark NT and in feyenoord he was a offensive IM,and that does fit him as well.

well i don't know if ancelotti knows tomasson well or not,but obviously he does not play hattrick:),and if i were carlo my choice on attack qould be:

pippo whoever(rivaldo/sheva/leonardo...)

tomasson

he could take a lot of long range shot from behind the srikers(i think tomasson is good at that,was good at that,at least),and e could do quite a few nice passes as well(that's why he was OIM in feyenoord,isn't it?).

well you people might ask,so where do we put rui costa then?

no where.

i prefer JDT-pippo-sheva to rui-pippo-sheva anyway.i'll consider manuel a good sub then:)

just MY oppinion.that's why it is not possibly happenin' in the future:<

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
THeJaMmi1 said:
eh?

___

the formation i would like to see..

one where we win with attractive football, and nobody can complain :D

thats the best damn answer ive seen :D :D :D

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
HA HA HA
I like that formation.
But while i'm here i like a diamond formation much like the one from CM.

Dida/Abbiati

Simic Nesta Maldini Kaladze

Pirlo

Gattuso Seedorf

Rui Costa

Shevchenko Inzaghi

Reaction score
:) :D ;) :cool: :( :o :eek: :cry: :head: :mad: :rolleyes: :tongue: :devil3: :devil2: :conf:

i av bn a milan fan 4 over 11 yrs + am 19yrs old. now im sure sum of u will agre dat during the "golden berlusconi era", the main "modulo" woz 442.ask urselvs dis: how many trophies did we win btw '88 + '96?.now sum of dat success must surely b down 2 the formation?.yeh ok we ad a gr8 "allenatore"-capello but i think we av a better 1 in ancelotti.also we av sum of the best world x1 according 2 iffhs + cnn.@ da start of dis season berlusconi (jus as all of us) saw dat dis season was 2 b a new cycle even better dan dat "golden era".if u thought that u were rite.no team in da world can beet us @ (near) top form + dats not bein cocky dats da truth.iv gon on long inuf so i will just giv u's my squad wit best xi:dida,roque,nesta,kaka,maldini,rui,pirlo,seedorf,riva,sheva,pippo

subs:abbiati,simic,laursen,billy,aubameyang,brocchi,ambro,rino,sergio,jon,redondo

p.s evry 1 els can go jump.

p.p.s rui + riva r better on da wing dan in da cntr + so r roque + maldini theyv all ad exprnc + they rock!

p.p.p.s cntrl "giocatori" wont b expsd coz they rock 2![/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote][/u][/i][/b]

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tino said:
:) :D ;) :cool: :( :o :eek: :cry: :head: :mad: :rolleyes: :tongue: :devil3: :devil2: :conf:

i av bn a milan fan 4 over 11 yrs + am 19yrs old. now im sure sum of u will agre dat during the "golden berlusconi era", the main "modulo" woz 442.ask urselvs dis: how many trophies did we win btw '88 + '96?.now sum of dat success must surely b down 2 the formation?.yeh ok we ad a gr8 "allenatore"-capello but i think we av a better 1 in ancelotti.also we av sum of the best world x1 according 2 iffhs + cnn.@ da start of dis season berlusconi (jus as all of us) saw dat dis season was 2 b a new cycle even better dan dat "golden era".if u thought that u were rite.no team in da world can beet us @ (near) top form + dats not bein cocky dats da truth.iv gon on long inuf so i will just giv u's my squad wit best xi:dida,roque,nesta,kaka,maldini,rui,pirlo,seedorf,riva,sheva,pippo

subs:abbiati,simic,laursen,billy,aubameyang,brocchi,ambro,rino,sergio,jon,redondo

p.s evry 1 els can go jump.

p.p.s rui + riva r better on da wing dan in da cntr + so r roque + maldini theyv all ad exprnc + they rock!

p.p.p.s cntrl "giocatori" wont b expsd coz they rock 2![/url][/list][/list][/code]
[/u][/i][/b][/quote]

nice SMS message talk :D

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
how about a 1-2-2-3-2 lineup??? check it out:

-------Inzaghi----Shevchenko-------
----------------------------------------
----Seedorf--Rui Costa--Pirlo-------
Kaladze----------------------Gattuso
---------Maldini-----Nesta------------
-------------Costacurta---------------
----------------DIDA------------------

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Very interesting...

But right now, I ain't too keen on Sheva and Pippo playing together... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
IMO..
4-3-1-2-->

-------------------Dida-----------------------

Simic------Nesta------Maldini------Kaladze

----Gattuso-------Pirlo-------Seedorf(Ambro)

------------------Rivaldo----------------------

-------------Rui------------Pippo--------------

What this formation produced: a goal-scoring team...

It's either that or any of the other formations we played the first few weeks of this season..

4-4-2: this season? a disaster..

I say we go back to the old ones now.. let the players re-adjust themselves to 'em.. all will be perfect.. Carlo: want something new? Wait till we win the scudetto.. no more testing please!

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Number9 said:
IMO... 4-3-1-2-->
-------------------Dida-----------------------
Simic------Nesta------Maldini------Kaladze
----Gattuso-------Pirlo-------Seedorf(Ambro)
------------------Rivaldo----------------------
-------------Rui------------Pippo--------------
Well, Number9, you took the formation right out of my.... keyboard :) I was strolling down memory lane, thinking about the good 'ol times and the 4-0 Deportivo whippin'... So I went to SA to check and there IT was...

I want to see that again. If Sheva and/or Pippo bitch and whine about being a bench warmer, well, a team's win is better than personnal statistics thank you very much. If you want to be that selfish, might as well play for Roma.

Ancelotti *promised* once to play Riva, Rui, Pippo and Sheva at the same time. Plz, pick the *right* moment; it could backfire.

DiaVoLo^

Primavera
Reaction score
---------------------- DIDA --------------------------
RJ-----------nesta----------maldini-------kaladze---
---Redondo-------- -RINO----------serginho--------
--------I----------- rui costa------------I-------------
-----------------Rivaldo----sheva----------------------

:devil2: :devil3: :devil2:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score