'The Quail' Enters Milan's Shopping List

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anguisette said:
Honestly, with the reputation Italian football has gained for itself lately I can see that EPL and La Liga players might shy away.
Well, it could be worse, we're not in the netherworld of Ligue 1. It's probably the one major league in Europe you'd need radar to find.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Milanista10 said:
lippi made a great point. Many organizations around the world respect Italian football bcause they confront their problems. There is no way in hell I will except someone telling me the same doesn't occur in England or Spain or Germany.

I'm sure it does happen in other leagues; the problem is that it's happening in Italy now. People have short memories and in a year or two the situation might be different.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
BMWTaylor said:
Well, it could be worse, we're not in the netherworld of Ligue 1. It's probably the one major league in Europe you'd need radar to find.

True, though I'd love to have one or two of Lyon's players.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Anguisette said:
I'm sure it does happen in other leagues; the problem is that it's happening in Italy now. People have short memories and in a year or two the situation might be different.

people in england or spain probably don't have the balls to to investigations on top clubs bc of $$$$ reasons..one word "cash"

Reaction score
Tsar said:
Last I heard he wasn't available as Udinese are not willing to sell.

Sure they are. You just have to offer them enough money.

As I see it they have made a pretty good deal. They have bought a guy who might be to good for them, at half his price. At least half his price that is.
Now they would either have a good striker next season or cash in on him now. They have paid around 5.5 millions for him, Sampdoria offered around 5. That means the overall loss concerning Udinese is 10.5 millions. On the other hand they have Quagliarella.
My guess is they can sell him for more money now. If he continues to impress, his value would increase big time for either the winter market or next years transfer window.

Then there is the possibility of us buying him now. I think there are quite a few aspects in it.

First there is of course the situation of us not having a star striker now. We would not be certain of having that with Quagliarella, but the chance would be there.
Then there is the issue about both the money and the competition from other suitors.
If we strike now, we would have to pay something around 120 millions. If we wait and he has another great season, this amount would have been raised a lot and there will be a lot more clubs wanting his services.

Another potential problem could be that Quagliarella would be another Gilardino. Not that I think Gilardino is bad, but he has jet to prove he is a quality to striker. By the way, I think this fact keeps Galliani from chasing Quagliarella.

Galliani said after the supposed capture of David Suazo, that it would close our transfer campaign. Maybe it was a smokescreen, but if not I cannot see why a signing of Quagliarella, or anyone else, would make that any different.
If we were to buy Quagliarella now I would be very insecure that he would not pan out. If he is added to our squad I would be really pleased if we signed another striker that have proven himself a bit more than Quagliarella. Of course that is not going to happen, but one can always dream.

In conclusion.

I think there are many questions about Quagliarella. I would not be furious if we signed him, but I think the board need to be very sure of what they are doing. Galliani, and especially Ancelotti, needs to fully believe that Quagliarella is what we need.
That goes for anyone we sign, but I always finds it a bit more important when it is young, relative unproven players.
If Ancelotti truly believe Quagliarella would make a different now in Milan, I would trust him.

Last edited:

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
people in england or spain probably don't have the balls to to investigations on top clubs bc of $$$$ reasons..one word "cash"
England just had the Stevens report, nothing is kept secret in the UK for long, not with our media. Not saying its perfect, but no one comes close to the Italians in terms of corruption and sleeze. Best quote I read during the calciopoli scandal: "in what has become the countries biggest footballing scandal in 25 years". Only in Italy.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Gandhi said:
Sure they are. You just have to offer them enough money.

As I see it they have made a pretty good deal. They have bought a guy who might be to good for them, at half his price. At least half his price that is.
Now they would either have a good striker next season or cash in on him now. They have paid around 55 millions for him, Sampdoria offered around 50. That means the overall loss concerning Udinese is 105 millions. On the other hand they have Quagliarella.
My guess is they can sell him for more money now. If he continues to impress, his value would increase big time for either the winter market or next years transfer window.

Then there is the possibility of us buying him now. I think there are quite a few aspects in it.

First there is of course the situation of us not having a star striker now. We would not be certain of having that with Quagliarella, but the chance would be there.
Then there is the issue about both the money and the competition from other suitors.
If we strike now, we would have to pay something around 120 millions. If we wait and he has another great season, this amount would have been raised a lot and there will be a lot more clubs wanting his services.

Another potential problem could be that Quagliarella would be another Gilardino. Not that I think Gilardino is bad, but he has jet to prove he is a quality to striker. By the way, I think this fact keeps Galliani from chasing Quagliarella.

Galliani said after the supposed capture of David Suazo, that it would close our transfer campaign. Maybe it was a smokescreen, but if not I cannot see why a signing of Quagliarella, or anyone else, would make that any different.
If we were to buy Quagliarella now I would be very insecure that he would not pan out. If he is added to our squad I would be really pleased if we signed another striker that have proven himself a bit more than Quagliarella. Of course that is not going to happen, but one can always dream.

In conclusion.

I think there are many questions about Quagliarella. I would not be furious if we signed him, but I think the board need to be very sure of what they are doing. Galliani, and especially Ancelotti, needs to fully believe that Quagliarella is what we need.
That goes for anyone we sign, but I always finds it a bit more important when it is young, relative unproven players.
If Ancelotti truly believe Quagliarella would make a different now in Milan, I would trust him.
Firstly, you really need to check your figures, he was dealt in 5, 5.5 & 10M figures, he certainly isn't in the 50M price range yet.

You have to remember Udinese already cashed in on their star striker - Iaquinta, just a few weeks ago. So the money spinning insentive you speak of isn't really the case with Udinese now.

Besides, I concluded that I didn't want Suazo here because apart from only being prolific from the penalty spot, he also wished to be an Inter player. Signing a player who yearns to be an Interista is one thing, signing a player who would "walk to Turin" to become a Juventino is even worse.

Last edited:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
@ Ghandi

Quail > Suazo

b/c over half of suazo's goals have been scored on the spot kick.
Quagliarella has a certain element of surprise hich means he score an impossible goal whenever he wants.(granted that it won't happen all the time naturally.)

Reaction score
Tsar said:
Firstly, you really need to check your figures, he was dealt in 5, 5.5 & 10M figures, he certainly isn't in the 50M price range yet.

Besides, I concluded that I didn't want Suazo here because apart from only being prolific from the penalty spot, he also wished to be an Inter player. Signing a player who yearns to be an Interista is one thing, signing a player who would "walk to Turin" to become a Juventino is even worse.

The first one is my mistake. I am from Denmark and wrote the prizes from what I have read in danish media. My bad of course and I apologize.

The other one I think varies from fan to fan. For my part I agree with you, but players talk. As I remember it, Sheva would be a Milanista for life. Quagliarella has also expressed his great desire to play for Napoli. Besides he could have been misquoted.

My point being, do not take everything you read for granted. I am not saying you do by the way.

Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
@ Ghandi

Quail > Suazo

b/c over half of suazo's goals have been scored on the spot kick.
Quagliarella has a certain element of surprise hich means he score an impossible goal whenever he wants.(granted that it won't happen all the time naturally.)

I am sorry, but I cannot really see your point.

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
When he said he'd walk to Turin to go with Juve, he's just saying that he really wants to be in a top squad. And since Juve and Manchester are linked with him, he knows that and wants them to bid for him so that he can go. If Milan were to bid for him I'm sure he would come, he does want to be in a top level squad, no matter which one it is.

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
B & G please sign him or sign someone!!!, whoever it is!!!!
i just can't take this shitty transfer campaign anymore!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
I wouldn't be so quick to sign Quags. I mean he has good technique, has hit some wonder goals and stuff but this is still his first really good season. If he continues to impress then sure but we don't need another 4th striker. We need a top quality world class striker.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i have seen that much of him to be honest but he seems to score crazy goals and is one for the future, however we are not the team for that... players like these usually do better when they chose juve, these stories about him remind me alot about gilardino and he couldnt adapt to our level yet, i would go for someone who will guarentee you success and that would mean that he has CL and international experience

Schedule