Ante Rebic Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Our first experience of Il Zona Maldini

Fits our team well in terms of characteristics. That tenacity, skill on the ball and ability to find strike partners in the final third will be very useful. If he can help Piatek the way he helped Jovic, it would be fantastic.

Great to have another Croatian here as well! <Hoping medicals go well>

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Boban boi?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Really excited about this transfer. One question though - if he's so good and rather cheap, why hasn't anyone else bought him? One theory would be that we're the only prestigious club who's after him and can guarantee a spot in first XI.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
How good is this boy?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Official! Contract deposited with the league.

Welcome Ante!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Please don't be another Castillejo

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Really excited about this transfer. One question though - if he's so good and rather cheap, why hasn't anyone else bought him? One theory would be that we're the only prestigious club who's after him and can guarantee a spot in first XI.
He’s not the kind of attacker who makes headlines with 20+ goal seasons, but the teammates around him benefit from his direct driving runs and cut backs.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hear he's hardworking, but the distance he covers is on Suso level, for both club and country. ~9.5km.

Some players are capable of covering much more though, if they're instructed to. I think/hope he is one of those.

But reactionary Giampaolo won't be the one to push him to his physical limit.

Still nice to have another attacker with pace.

Last edited:

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I won't pretend like I ever watch Eintracht but he appears to be decently two-footed and quick. He also looks like the kind of guy who may have a blade hidden on him at any given time.

giphy.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
who we gonna see first him or leao? ;)

None, we will continue with Castillejo...

why?

Giampaolo:
"Because I have had more time with some members in the squad to train them"

Future Interviewer:
"But Mr. Giampaolo, it is now the middle of the season, don't you think you've had enough time with the new signings yet?"

Giampaolo:
"Yes I have had some time, but I still have had more time with some of the other players, and so they get to start."

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome Rebic. Hope he performs. However I am still curious with Correa under MG though.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Going to be a fan favourite, calling it now.

Probably won’t score you 15-20 goals. Will definitely contribute to 15-20 imo, not only will he contribute he will press like a mad man and give his all for the shirt. He has a little of Carlos Tevez about him, not saying he’s on that level but his style is similar. Absolute bull and will fit in here perfectly.

I actually think this signing makes more sense than Correa did. Welcome Ante, looking forward to you exciting us fans.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Rebic is a player with strength and character. He can play in different positions and he’s shown he can play at great levels.

“He can play as a winger, a second striker, between the two strikers and even as a roaming forward.

“He can be used in different roles. He’s a sincere lad who’s improved so much technically. He’s always been strong, quick and a good shooter, but he’s made so much progress.

Roaming forward :b:

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
This player fits our current profile. I think he will do well, great signing.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
What's the correct pronunciation of his name "Re-Bitch"? :D
I could imagine forumers getting very creative if he doesn't play well :lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The last match Rebic played in Italy he scored this beauty.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has a reputation for only showing up on the special occasions. Big games, EL, NT games.
Apparently he was not so hardworking in the regular Bundesfodder games. And he's not talented enough to shine even on 2nd gear.

He seems to have a few things in common with KPB.
Athletic, reckless, known for scoring spectacular goals, uninterested unless there's a lot of glamour in the game.

The way Rebic views Croatia NT seems to be very different to how Boateng sees Ghana though.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has a reputation for only showing up on the special occasions. Big games, EL, NT games.
Apparently he was not so hardworking in the regular Bundesfodder games. And he's not talented enough to shine even on 2nd gear.

He seems to have a few things in common with KPB.
Athletic, reckless, known for scoring spectacular goals, uninterested unless there's a lot of glamour in the game.

The way Rebic views Croatia NT seems to be very different to how Boateng sees Ghana though.
Source?

Schedule