The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Paq makes decent amount of mistakes.putting him on the wing is a thought that crossed my mind...but like goodfella says...he might lack that explosiveness needed there

Curious to how he will develop..not worried cause he has massive talent..raw talent...i like the idea of wingerpaqueta though

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Tonali: 'I'm more of a Jorginho'

:lol::lol: Ever since I can remember this kid has gone round saying hes the next gattuso... now sum1 in his team with a good head has gotten hold of him and gave him sound advise.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is demanding €1m per month to return to Serie A, reports La Repubblica

Most likely bs... but if not, f-off Ibra.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paq makes decent amount of mistakes.putting him on the wing is a thought that crossed my mind...but like goodfella says...he might lack that explosiveness needed there

Curious to how he will develop..not worried cause he has massive talent..raw talent...i like the idea of wingerpaqueta though

Im not a massive fan of grinta... but Brazilian grinta cud be different, Lupaq has vigour, b2b role pls.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoli have approached Milan to ask about midfield outcast Franck Kessie, according to Calciomercato.com.

The Ivory Coast international was dropped to the bench, then left out of the squad entirely by coach Stefano Pioli.

He was said to be ‘not physically or mentally sharp’ enough to play for the Rossoneri at this time.

A January transfer is more than likely and he had until now been above all linked with a Premier League switch to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
However, Calciomercato.com claim Napoli have contacted Milan and the player’s agent within the last 48 hours to enquire about Kessie’s availability.

The Rossoneri would require at least €16m to avoid losing money on Kessie.

He turns 23 next month and was purchased from Atalanta in 2017, initially on a two-year loan worth €8m with obligation to buy for a further €24m in 2019.

100m... Napoli love quoting that price... quote it back to them.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan could send forward Krzysztof Piatek out on loan if the striker doesn't start scoring in the next five games, reports La Gazzetta dello Sport, with a Genoa comeback on the cards.

The Poland international arrived from Genoa less than a year ago for €35m, but after a strong start to his Milan career, the goals have dried up this season.

Piatek has scored only once in the last five games, and scored three times this season overall. Even going back into last term, after a flurry of goals once he signed for Milan, he only scored four in the final three months of the campaign.

The Gazzetta dello Sport claim that if Piatek doesn't turn things around in the next five games, the striker could go out on loan in January, especially if Milan sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Genoa could potentially be in need of a striker, with Christian Kouame reported to have picked up a serious knee injury whilst on international duty.

Milan wouldn't sell the striker at this stage, as they wouldn't come close to recouping the money spent on him a year ago.

Our management is so incompetent... another L it seems.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Napoli loves a shrewd piece of business in the transfer market. Unfortunately, Kessie doesn't fall within the dictates of Napoli's mercato policy.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
this commode thread is potentially forming to have the least personality of any commmode thread in the history of RnB

Leaf... do something

For once the forum is fin as it is :g:
We got back Wild, we got you, Pingu Goodfella etc.
Everyone is understandably crochety due to our current shit situation
But we'll be back to being the bastion of hope to mankind that we were in the early '00's :proud:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Joaquin Correa is a profile that appeals to Milan a lot. Milan made a serious attempt to sign him in the summer but Lotito refused.Milan’s interest in Correa has not changed but even increased though the €70-80M clause in his new contract complicate their plans [@FabrizioRomano]

Rakitic have been proposed to Milan but his high wages (€8M) and the necessary transfer fee to sign him have brought down the enthusiasm [Corriere della Sera]

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kessie to Wolves yes please.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Love when i read how milan is interested in a player but the transfer fee is too high and the wages of the player are...well...also too high.

There should be a special place in hell for this kind of reporters.

Something involving a human centipede.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Strootman for the mid says MN. Tactically its right but injured, slow and past his best form player.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Strootman for the mid says MN. Tactically its right but injured, slow and past his best form player.

Sounds like a typical recent years Milan purchase then. Will cost 20m and then get injured for half a year.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
I like that news alot

Good player with serie a xp..good pass decent technique..strong and can defend..also a real leader with a spine...knees of jello but since 2015 has played good amount of minutes without his knee exploding
Dont forget netherlands is taking to euro 2020
Good upside...but depending on the price and salary and knee...high downside possibly

100% worth a try for 10/15 mil (price of rr duarte )..i dont cate abouy salary..he would be worth it and we also reduced wages nicely last few seasons...just the knee is worrying

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paqueta's place in a 4-1-4-1 would be in the same place as Rakitic's. That's also his current role.
The wide spots are for pacey off-ball players who'll speed up transitions....in other words players entirely different from Paqueta.

In my view, Paqueta wouldn't be a winger. I mean, Hakan has no pace either, and I have him on the "left."

I'd want to overload the midfield, so we can control it, because in the absence of a true attacking threat to hold onto the ball or provide some sort of daring, I'd rather have enough bodies and skill in the midfield to maintain possession, especially since we lack speed.

In the attacking phase, Theo provides width on the left, while the roaming nature of Paqueta and Hakan--who has a habit of drifting to the right wing--would make it so that defensive shifts should open spaces for other players as they move from spot-to-spot.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

This would be horrible.

We're taking Marseille rejects these days?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Milan are in negotiations with San Lorenzo for 20-year-old forward Adolfo Gaich. Milan have submitted a €10M offer. [Gazzetta]

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
This would be horrible.

We're taking Marseille rejects these days?

The have too many mids and his wages are very high for marseille
They expected european football and missed it thus missing extra revenue..

Fact that he got selected for euro 2020 based on performances there is also telling...

Reject..not so sure about that one

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan, the Rossoneri think of an exchange between Franck Kessie and Alessandro Florenzi. As reported by Corriere Dello Sport, a market exchange between the two clubs could soon take shape.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
If the next owners don't financially dope this club through sponsor deals, like Suning, Exor , Qatar & Abu Dhabi, then an owner change won't do much to change/improve the status quo.

LVMH seem too rational, established and unpassionate to do what those companies/states are doing.

Elliot's asking price probably scares off the type of owners we need, just like Berlu's.

I think that would be the norm for anyone buying this club with an intention of long-term profitability rather than short-term asset-boosting and a sale. Just like Suning did, I'm sure the future owners of an 800 million rated club would have the wherewithal and the intention of financial doping via sponsorship.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Milan, the Rossoneri think of an exchange between Franck Kessie and Alessandro Florenzi. As reported by Corriere Dello Sport, a market exchange between the two clubs could soon take shape.

Is Roma really that stupid?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazil hero Rivaldo launched a surprising attack on Milan midfielder Lucas Paqueta, claiming it is “disrespectful” to give him the Number 10 jersey.

Paqueta wore the iconic Number 10 during yesterday’s 1-0 friendly defeat to Argentina.

“I watched Brazil-Argentina and am sad to see the Number 10 shirt was given to Paqueta,” wrote Rivaldo on Instagram.
“That jersey is known and respected all over the world, so cannot be given to someone who ought to be on the bench or play only half the game. That is disrespectful.

“It is famous because it was worn by the likes of Pele, Rivelino, Zico, Rivaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Neymar. I don’t blame Paqueta at all, but Tite and his staff ought to know how much weight that jersey puts on your shoulders.

“They mustn’t ‘burn up’ a 22-year-old like Paqueta, who can have a great future ahead of him. He ought to be protected, the same way Rodrygo was at Real Madrid.”

Agree

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Milan are in negotiations with San Lorenzo for 20-year-old forward Adolfo Gaich. Milan have submitted a €10M offer. [Gazzetta]
Adolfo
Argentinian

658c18b29624df93dc066c7c1a573863.jpg

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

Dear Santa please do this for us!!

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Florenzi covers few roles. Great, great player, still hasnt reached the top. Worth moooore then kessie.

On Strootman, I dont know his phisical shape. Fit Strootman is good. But we'd have 3 left footed players mid...hmmmm...

Thoughts?

As I said, give them Ibra, Rakitic and lets say un injured Strootman and we can maybe talk about srs calcio. If Conti repeats good games and Caldara is still a quality player

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Rivaldo: 'Paqueta can't be Brazil 10'

Brazil hero Rivaldo launched a surprising attack on Milan midfielder Lucas Paqueta, claiming it is “disrespectful” to give him the Number 10 jersey.

Paqueta wore the iconic Number 10 during yesterday’s 1-0 friendly defeat to Argentina.

“I watched Brazil-Argentina and am sad to see the Number 10 shirt was given to Paqueta,” wrote Rivaldo on Instagram.

“That jersey is known and respected all over the world, so cannot be given to someone who ought to be on the bench or play only half the game. That is disrespectful.

“It is famous because it was worn by the likes of Pele, Rivelino, Zico, Rivaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Neymar. I don’t blame Paqueta at all, but Tite and his staff ought to know how much weight that jersey puts on your shoulders.

“They mustn’t ‘burn up’ a 22-year-old like Paqueta, who can have a great future ahead of him. He ought to be protected, the same way Rodrygo was at Real Madrid.”

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man City is dealing with the ramifications of financial doping. CAS told them they have to deal with UEFA's tribunal first before appealing to them, so, we'll see what UEFA does with them--and if they rule against City--we'll see how City's inevitable appeal to CAS turns out.

FFP is creating artificial controls on how businesses spend their money. By requiring to only spend what you earn, UEFA has created these financial incentives to "cheat." But it's only "cheating" because UEFA is trying to impose the restrictions found in American sports in a world where there is no draft, salary cap, or closed loop of competitiveness.

European courts are also far more skeptical of giving football clubs different legal standards for business practices than American ones.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In my view, Paqueta wouldn't be a winger. I mean, Hakan has no pace either, and I have him on the "left."

Hakan is far more energetic than Paqueta and he plays at a much higher pace - more runs, less time on the ball. He's not out of place in a wide role.

I'd want to overload the midfield, so we can control it, because in the absence of a true attacking threat to hold onto the ball or provide some sort of daring, I'd rather have enough bodies and skill in the midfield to maintain possession, especially since we lack speed.

In the attacking phase, Theo provides width on the left, while the roaming nature of Paqueta and Hakan--who has a habit of drifting to the right wing--would make it so that defensive shifts should open spaces for other players as they move from spot-to-spot.

It might work at times against minnows, but the reality of a player in a wide role can't be ignored. Paqueta's stamina and tempo issues will be further exposed.

Anyway, Rakitic is not coming so there's no point arguing.
Pioli should keep fielding Paqueta as an advanced midfielder on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule