The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's a good if you play him properly as a LB. LWB not so much, doesn't really have the pace. As a LWB he also leaves gaps defensively when he gets forward.

It´s notable that he is out of position as LWB and his performances drop, but they are still solid. If you compare it to how many of our players play when they are out of position I wish they would pull their weight as much.

The worst transfers so far look to be Kalinic and Hakan. Silva has a future imo and will eventually adjust. For Biglia I still have hope and suspect he has nagging injuries but he is by no means a transfer that worked well so far. Bonucci and Musacchio are okay, Kessie is good but dragged down by the rest, RR generally performed but lets up now and then - not a surprise when the whole team shits the bed. So mad Conti is out :(

The only guy vastly outperforming his pricetag is Borini :lol: #FioKnew

The verdict on Musacchio really depends on how he does with 4 at the back (if the rumors are true), so far the system can be blamed for him underperforming, but there are no excuses if he sucks with 4 at the back

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
bring back condor

Never Again!

Antonio Donna = :thumbsdown: we were kind of blackmailed into his signing.
RR = Good signing
Conti = good signing-shame about his injury.
Musacchio = good signing could work out very well for us.
Bonucci = good signing will work with correct system and manager.
Biglia = a player we needed needs more time and right system.
Kessie = good signing. has his moments as all players do but good signing.
Borrini = good value signing is playing well but we need better. He is very limited.
Hakan = :thumbsdown: poor signing should be sold a.s.a.p
Kalinic = :thumbsdown: Poor again sell a.s.a.p
Silva = can be good but needs the right system and manager to unlock his true potential.

It was never going to be a smooth transition with so many changes throughout the structure of the club and team but it really should be more successful than it has been.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wilshere's contract is up in 6 months.

No thanks. He would struggle in Serie A. He would be better than hakan but that wouldn't be difficult.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan have received proposals through brokers from buyers interested in purchasing the club. However, Li Yonghong made it know that he has no intention of selling Milan [Corriere della Sera]

DQelZ6DWsAA11J-.jpg:small

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
No thanks. He would struggle in Serie A. He would be better than hakan but that wouldn't be difficult.

Na ...Most players that come from the EPL seem to do well in serie a nowadays. I mean look at borini ffs :lol:

We need mids/players who dont take an age to make a simple pass

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Na ...Most players that come from the EPL seem to do well in serie a nowadays. I mean look at borini ffs :lol:

We need mids/players who dont take an age to make a simple pass

Hmm perhaps you have a point. I would still aim higher though. If we ever want to clime out of the toilet bowl we need to aim higher and smarter.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why should Hakan be called shit when he's new to Serie A?

Biglia and Kalinic are both very familiar with Serie A and have been terrible, so far. They deserve to get some more shit, honestly, Biglia especially.

Biglia has been the most disappointing, and Bonucci would have been paired with this had he not improved slowly the last few weeks.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I'd honestly play a 3 man mid of Loca-Monto-Kessie. They're literally our only performing mids this season. With Monto deep sitting in the middle of the field the youngsters can actually do their jobs and be aggressive a little.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why should Hakan be called shit when he's new to Serie A?

Biglia and Kalinic are both very familiar with Serie A and have been terrible, so far. They deserve to get some more shit, honestly, Biglia especially.

Biglia has been the most disappointing, and Bonucci would have been paired with this had he not improved slowly the last few weeks.

I still hope somehow he can turn this around but, let me answer your question.

It is because he cant control the ball at all, every time someone passes to him, it bounces 10m away.. this has nothing to do with bundesliga, serie A, serie B.

He was supposedly good with set pieces... 0 goals, not even that many good shots

His shots always hit the stands.
I can probably go on, but you got the point... and everything i said has nothing to do with the league he plays in

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Silva
Mata Ozil Suso
Biglia Kessie
RR Bon Roma Conti
Donna

Ozil contract up in 6 months, Mata not wanted at united, Dramatically improve our creativity.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still hope somehow he can turn this around but, let me answer your question.

It is because he cant control the ball at all, every time someone passes to him, it bounces 10m away.. this has nothing to do with bundesliga, serie A, serie B.

He was supposedly good with set pieces... 0 goals, not even that many good shots

His shots always hit the stands.
I can probably go on, but you got the point... and everything i said has nothing to do with the league he plays in

imagine that once upon a time with the same amount of money, we bought sheva...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
How would you guys get Özil here? You realize kidnapping his family to blackmail him into signing isn't legal, right?

Same for Mata. If they're on the market I'm pretty sure there are other suitors they'll prefer. That's a very unfortunate situation we're in but let's be real.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RR is a bad purchase? One of our most consistent performers? Really?

And guys, imagine we would still suck and news would leak that we had the possibility to sign one of the best defenders of the past 5 years, a winner who has even been elected into FIFA's best World XI recently for a whooping-price of 40M minus DES but we didn't because we didn't felt the need to do so. Man would people go crazy here and blame F&M for not having jumped on that deal. It was just too good to miss it out. We were building a whole new team, we needed characters with winner-mentality and know-how how to actually win week in week out. And he's Italian. If someone here is saying without proof that he saw it from day 1 of Bonuccis signing how things would turn out and that he strongly disagreed with that signing I call him a liar.

Last edited:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
RR is a bad purchase? One of our most consistent performers? Really?

And guys, imagine we would still suck and news would leak that we had the possibility to sign one of the best defenders of the past 5 years, a winner who has even been elected into FIFA's best World XI recently for a whooping-price of 40M minus DES but we didn't because we didn't felt the need to do so. Man would people go crazy here and blame F&M for not having jumped on that deal. It was just too good to miss it out. We were building a whole new team, we needed characters with winner-mentalities and know-how how to actually win week in week out. And he's Italian. If someone here is saying without proof that they saw it from day 1 of Bonuccis signing how things would turn out and that they strongly disagreed with that signing I call him a liar.
A reputable manager can attract player which seem impossible right now.. i.e mata, ozil, fekir

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RR was a good purchase, he's a sick LB. So were Musacchio, Bonucci, Conti & Kessie. Biglia is flopping big time so far, he's disappointed more than Bonucci but I'm not writing him off completely yet, looks like a confidence issue...

Rather than getting 2 average CFs we should have signed a big name one & a winger/SS like Papu instead of Calhanoglu. That is where we wasted the money... Another CM should have been brought in too. That's almost a 100m that should have been used more wisely..

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RR was a good purchase, he's a sick LB. So were Musacchio, Bonucci, Conti & Kessie. Biglia is flopping big time so far, he's disappointed more than Bonucci but I'm not writing him off completely yet, looks like a confidence issue...

Rather than getting 2 average CFs we should have signed a big name one & a winger/SS like Papu instead of Calhanoglu. That is where we wasted the money... Another CM should have been brought in too. That's almost a 100m that should have been used more wisely..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Most of our signings are good.
We haven't fixed the midfield because 2 out of our 3 new midfielders flopped.
Attack is underperforming as well.

In winter I would go out and try to get 1-2 good deals for the midfield.
If we get lucky, maybe we can get Auba / Belotti for a discounted price as well.

But really, 95% of our problems right now are tactics and team play.
Individuals are just a small piece in the puzzle.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
hakan needs time, he didn't play 8 months because of suspension, he came here where montella constantly rotate him and people want miracle from him... how?
let's wait, i can't predict how good/bad he will be but let's give him a chance to show his quality, probably in next season we will se the real hakan.

i saw that ander herrera is free player in summer, hell i will even bring fabregas here even if he's in 30s.

but left winger is MUST, carasco or willian will be great.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Gattuso was harsh on Andre Silva a little. Repubblica says Silva and Hakan could already be sold this January.

Too bad Silva was coached by two imbeciles.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Gattuso was harsh on Andre Silva a little. Repubblica says Silva and Hakan could already be sold this January.

Too bad Silva was coached by two imbeciles.

Yea I didn't like how he singled out Silva for criticism when the team he picked was terrible.

he played a 352 or more accurately a 532 with orthodox fullbacks, and the least dynamic midfield three we have fielded in years. The only way to make that midfield somewhat functional yesterday was to play Locatelli between the lines as a trequartista, because he does not have the legs or dynamism to play as a mezz'ala. Zanelatto is also slow, unathletic and mediocre and provided no support to the strikers. On top of that Biglia seems to have lost all passing range and gave up playmaker duties to Paletta, who was the only one spraying passes out to the wings. Cutrone also played a poor game and lost the ball constantly due to poor touches or being outmuscled.

So Silva had no support, no movement around him and a static slow, mediocre team behind him.....ofcourse he was going to suck in that situation.

Another worrying thing is that Gattuso talked about how we passed too slow but we tried to attack the space and had a lot of corners, as if we showed anything in attack whatsoever. We did not attack any space at any point and did not have the personnel to do it, other than once with a ball over the top to Cutrone.

I have to admit that this game was the first game maybe ever that I stopped watching at halftime due to steaming issues and did not bother to put myself through watching the second half to find a new stream with the high likelihood that we weren't going to even get to the final third far less score.

Yes it was a meaningless game, but this fragile team needs every chance to find a working setup and get some confidence

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Can't you guys see how Silva's improvement is literally zero since we bought him? His style of play won't work anywhere where teams defend with a plan.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Can't you guys see how Silva's improvement is literally zero since we bought him? His style of play won't work anywhere where teams defend with a plan.

He hasn't improved, but he also has not had many chances to play as a CF in a lone striker setup, which I think is his best role. We don't have the personnel to play him that way, in terms of dynamic wingers. I see him as a sort of Benzema type player who is comfortable dropping off and receiving the ball and combining with the other attackers. That being said if they decide to sell him then it really would not bother me much though if we could get someone more needed like a Belotti/Aubameyang

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
He hasn't improved, but he also has not had many chances to play as a CF in a lone striker setup, which I think is his best role. We don't have the personnel to play him that way, in terms of dynamic wingers. I see him as a sort of Benzema type player who is comfortable dropping off and receiving the ball and combining with the other attackers. That being said if they decide to sell him then it really would not bother me much though if we could get someone more needed like a Belotti/Aubameyang

No chance this management go looking at Belotti again(ship has sailed) They will also be very hesitant to make any moves in January after how things have went.

Silva is too young to write off.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First ever points of a croatian team against milan. Wow, this is some new level bullshit!

Edit: Rijeka is 4th in the croatian league. How would milan do there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.