The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
congo your recollection of formations and roles of players from that long ago astounds me

I simply remember the names and how good we were

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
4-3-1-2 with zero support strikers and a nr 10 without workrate & athleticism is outdated.

You play combinations: A Trezeguet, a R9, and a Riquelme.

They will work smartly... no need to work hard. You want workrate and athleticism in midfield... up top is where you showboat yr mastery.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
congo your recollection of formations and roles of players from that long ago astounds me

I simply remember the names and how good we were

Congo indeed commands respect in this regard... but he's not infallible. Leo indeed played a central role, remember watching him play there. B&G both have articles on the net where they boast moving Leo from wide position into no.10 role

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
Just because there's no team playing it or teams that play it achieve minimal results because they don't have the right players, doesn't mean that a tactic is outdated. There's no such thing as an outdated tactic. I bet reintroducing libero can be trophy winning, but good luck finding another Baresi or Beckenbauer.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm saying it's not our identity since that's not how Sacchi's and Capello's Milan played.

They did not deploy a system with a back-four, midfield-three, a nr 10 and two 9s.

Perhaps not in the form as we know it today. Back then it was more like a striker, a 2nd striker (little deep) and a lazy attack minded mid... thats close enough to 1-2 for an old school Italian catenaccio football.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Colombo - Gullit - van Basten

That was the 1-2 equivalent of that day.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Are we ocampos yet?

ocampos.milan.2016.17.ok.356x237.jpg

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Inter will not win the league next year even if Conte coaches them

You’re acting like the sky is falling when Milan have had the best season and stable leadership in YEARS

My friend, you are losing touch.
Lololol stable leadership?? Maybe we should wait a little. Ownership is not even a year old and another sporting director is rumoured to be gone. The nonsense I read here..Milan makes a crack addict seem more stable.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Conte at Inter will be a fantastic circus.. unless the man’s demands have changed. Very much looking forward to it.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Goodfella thinks if players just run a lot, the team wins.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
With the possible arrival of Luis Campos to Milan, #Gazzetta takes a look at players from Lille he could possibly look to bring with him:

• Adama Soumaoro (CB)
• Boubakary Soumaré (CDM)
• Thiago Mendes (CDM)
• Thiago Maia (CDM)
• Jonathan Bamba (LW)
• Zeki Celik (RB)

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With the possible arrival of Luis Campos to Milan, #Gazzetta takes a look at players from Lille he could possibly look to bring with him:

• Adama Soumaoro (CB)
• Thiago Mendes (CDM)
• Thiago Maia (CDM)
• Jonathan Bamba (LW)
• Zeki Celik (RB)
Where is sensi?

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score

• Adama Soumaoro (CB)
• Thiago Mendes (CDM)
• Thiago Maia (CDM)
• Jonathan Bamba (LW)
• Zeki Celik (RB)

The best one is not on it. The people demand Pepe

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Just because there's no team playing it or teams that play it achieve minimal results because they don't have the right players, doesn't mean that a tactic is outdated. There's no such thing as an outdated tactic. I bet reintroducing libero can be trophy winning, but good luck finding another Baresi or Beckenbauer.

Spurs have played it off and on this season.

nvdmrd

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

• Adama Soumaoro (CB)
• Thiago Mendes (CDM)
• Thiago Maia (CDM)
• Jonathan Bamba (LW)
• Zeki Celik (RB)

but no to pepe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Sacchi? A very modern 4-2-3-1.

Capello? Still 4-2-3-1.

Ancelotti? 4-3-2-1 or a forced 4-3-1-2 with two conventional CFs, which still worked because there were some of the best playmakers and defensive players of all time to carry those 2 strikers. Would Carlo use the 4-3-1-2 as often as he did if not for Berlu's nagging? Probably not.

This is the irony when Milan fans want 4-3-1-2 because it's "da Milan", and associate 4-2-3-1 with Bundesfodder and EPL.

Irony is 4231 started out in Spain.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Gazzetta - Milan, with Campos the focus is on the jewels of Lille: from Bamba to Soumaré, up to Celik and Soumaoro

The road seems to have been marked by now: farewell to Leonardo at the end of the season and the youth project with Luis Campos, the current ds of Lille. Ivan Gazidis, at the Rossoneri, has clear ideas about the near future of Milan and is ready in the summer to "go shopping" from the French club where there are several pupils of the Portuguese manager who could be very comfortable with the Rossoneri cause. This morning, La Gazzetta dello Sport reported this morning, analyzing department by department, the possible objectives of the club in via Aldo Rossi.

ATTACK - Nicolas Pépé is certainly the most famous and sought-after jewel, but he is out of Milan's reach given that he has an assessment of 80 million euros. Easier to take, however, could be Jonathan Bamba, an external striker who is estimated at between 15 and 20 million. The Rossoneri will be able to observe him in France during the next European Under 21. Attention, then, also to Luiz Araujo, 22 year old Brazilian external point that has more affordable costs.

CENTROCAMPO - It is the Milan division that in summer has the most need of grafts since there will be four departures at the end of the championship (Mauri, Bertolacci, Montolivo and most likely Bakayoko that will not be redeemed by Chelsea). The Lille, in the middle of the field, has several very interesting talents: among these, there are for example Thiago Mendes, Brazilian director who costs 25 million euros, Thiago Maia, sought in the past also by Inter, and Boubakary Soumaré, median very physical class 1999 which has a valuation of 10 million.

DEFENSE - The Lille captain, Adama Soumaoro, despite being slightly off target in terms of age (he is 26 years old), could be very useful for the Rossoneri cause, as well as the [BTurkish full-back Zeki Celik, 22 year old arrived from Istanbulspor which has a value 10 million euros.][/B] At Milan, the two could take the place of Abate and Zapata, to whom the club in Via Aldo Rossi has decided not to renew the contract that expires on June 30th.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we can have lille players but not the good one?!

This cant be right....

And you guys are wondering why is leo leaving.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But i guess if it cant work out with bonucci and higuain you can try with bambi...

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Loool we becoming Lille. Fucking joke

Lille have gone from 17th last year to 2nd this year. 1 point clear of safety to CL qualification.

Campos has been there 2 years.

They finished 12th the year he joined having been 5th the year before, then down to 17th and now 2nd. Up and down like a damn yoyo.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Andre Silva has no intentions of staying at Milan as a reserve. His agent Jorge Mendes has been in contact with teams in the Premier League & La Liga. Mendes will be looking at possible swap deals as an option as it will be difficult to get €30-35m for Silva. [@FabrizioRomano]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule