English Premier League Thread III

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Did he not just lose 3-0 to relegation fodder? And get humiliated 7-2 midweek against a Bayern who just lost?

Did u suggest us to find another Giampaolo?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
City have 1 fit CB and he's their worst of the lot. Liverpool have the title unfortunately. They're getting the luck as well which you need, though they also had that last season.

Weirdly over the last 18 months Man City have had quite a few moments of bad luck which puts their title last season in even more perspective. Liverpool are absolutely getting it with goalkeeper howlers, last minute dodgy pens etc. It's given them 4 points in the last two games already (and another earlier in the season). I usually maintain the best team gets the most luck but they had much more than City last year too.

Sickening era tbf.

They attack relentlessly until the clock runs out, you could very well say the luck is mostly on their opponents cause they don't concede much earlier.

As for their dodgy pens, nothing out of the ordinary that other teams don't receive as well. When you guys were on top, this was constantly happening:

334368379c6057528dfee2b24feeafe3.jpg

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Of course Liverpool somehow avoid getting a penalty against them from a handball by Alexander-Arnold only to counter attack and score. Liverpool will just forever remain unbelievably lucky

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The goal for United against them should have been ruled out tbh

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Of course Liverpool somehow avoid getting a penalty against them from a handball by Alexander-Arnold only to counter attack and score. Liverpool will just forever remain unbelievably lucky

Yeah not winning a trophy in 30 years, is unbelievably lucky :lol:

On another note, what a game!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yeah not winning a trophy in 30 years, is unbelievably lucky :lol:

On another note, what a game!

I think it's a bit funny to say that when they're the current European champions.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Man City are actually the lucky ones, coz they always get some reasons to complain for their loss... fuck them

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He will do good there, maybe even win the title in a couple of years

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Happy to have him back.

May the banter roll on.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, the usual from him is a good first season, great 2nd season and implosion in the 3rd.

What's unusual this time is that he's taking over a club during the season, which hasn't happened since he left Porto.
He's also not going to get Levy to net spend like Ed/Manure.
They will probably sell Eriksen, and a few others to fund their market.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im happy for mou to be at this level... he's just not a top 3 manager (Real, Milan, Barca) + Utd.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Mourinho will be much more spectacle than pochetino for sure.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im happy for mou to be at this level... he's just not a top 3 manager (Real, Milan, Barca) + Utd.

Who are top 3? I think it's hard to give these ratings, too much depends on circumstances. Except Klopp, who is surely nr1, I don't think there are many universal managers... in some situations someone like Carlo would be best choice, for others it's someone like Mou.

I rate him higher than Guardiola though, as I think he's much more universal.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Meant top 3 clubs... or blue-chip clubs.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Meant top 3 clubs... or blue-chip clubs.

who is then? we see all these clubs struggling to get a proper coach

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
certain clubs have a duty not just to its fans but to the sport... the vision to play must be of a fixed philosophy. Like at Barca, like at Real... mou is ill suited to train these clubs.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This will be interesting, Spurs teams is built to play free flowing football..something which Mou isn't known for.

Best of luck to them, i really hope they finish in CL places instead of Arsenal/Chelsea.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man United finished 14 points above Leicester last season and then paid £80M for Maguire and so far this season sits 12 points below Leicester.
:monto:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man United finished 14 points above Leicester last season and then paid £80M for Maguire and so far this season sits 12 points below Leicester.

We payed Genoa some 50 millions for a 4 point advantage over them.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Now that Guardiola has won 1 of his last 5 games with Man City's supersonic team, how would he fare at Milan? :head:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pls pray liverpool dont win... I dont want Fergie dying just yet.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now that Guardiola has won 1 of his last 5 games with Man City's supersonic team, how would he fare at Milan? :head:

Teams sometimes burn out, while i don't think he is all that the press and rabbit fans are making him out to be, the guy is a great coach.

It's not like he constantly underperformed with a stacked team. League titles take consistency to win, champions league titles have a rather huge margin of luck attached to them.

A coach of his caliber is what current Milan needs foremost. Because a good coach can work with a current crop of players, no matter how shitty and built a system and a winning mentality at the club.

We don't have that at Milan anymore, there's no identity, and it doesn't look like Pioli's mediocre ass is gonna bring it, or the ineptitude of Maldini and Boban of handling things.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Meanwhile fat Frank lost to west ham :lol:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ole will be sacked in 3...2...1

Schedule