Marco Van Ginkel Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Looking at Gourcuff is what you can do, but looking at El Shaarawy is what you can do. Both talented, but different attitudes. When it comes to attitude, I would guess Van Ginkel comes closer to El Shaarawy's than Gourcuff's. Van Ginkel already plays a very mature and all-round game.

the reality is this.....

you can't judge a players true mental drive at this age. People mature differently. Money effects people differently etc. etc.

But i'm all for the gamble.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
the reality is this.....

you can't judge a players true mental drive at this age. People mature differently. Money effects people differently etc. etc.

But i'm all for the gamble.

Agree.

The thing is we have had Gourcuff and Pato now (both different attitudes but both allowed to get out of control). Its known we treat players like kings and let alot go. Maybe if we held a tighter reign it would probably work well with most of the kids.

Yes you have the Balotelli's that will do what they want but I think Milan should now know that the freedom must be earned and junior players should be limited if possible.

If this kid is as Pedro and USC say then you get him in and you try your best to nurture him. If he is an El Shaarawy then great but if he is a Pato, I still think that can be a win because he may not maximise his potential but he could still be very good.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Agree.

The thing is we have had Gourcuff and Pato now (both different attitudes but both allowed to get out of control). Its known we treat players like kings and let alot go. Maybe if we held a tighter reign it would probably work well with most of the kids.

Yes you have the Balotelli's that will do what they want but I think Milan should now know that the freedom must be earned and junior players should be limited if possible.

If this kid is as Pedro and USC say then you get him in and you try your best to nurture him. If he is an El Shaarawy then great but if he is a Pato, I still think that can be a win because he may not maximise his potential but he could still be very good.

and i think this ia a BIG reason a lot of players were cleared out to be honest, and so much faith has been given faith in allegri.

He's trying to toughen it.

-

You can see way El Shaarawy was brought along is right path.

I just hope milan stay CONSISTENT with it, regardless of if allegri stays or goes

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Lame last name. Looks ugly on the back of a jersey.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Agree.

I love Van Ginkel's development so far, which has been exemplary. He was given one match with the NT to show him his future and to make him hungry for more. Very good and very smart move...give people a reward for hard work, but don't spoil them rotten.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I love Van Ginkel's development so far, which has been exemplary. He was given one match with the NT to show him his future and to make him hungry for more. Very good and very smart move...give people a reward for hard work, but don't spoil them rotten.

i really like this guy. Mezzala position in 4-3-1-2 is perfect for him! Milan have to decide quickly. Recently he is close to join Chelsea!!!!!!! fuck. Van Ginkel have great future ahead.

Last edited:

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Both the Daily express, and Sunday Sport, are stating Manchester United’s interest in the Dutchman, with club scouts flying out to watch the midfielder play for Netherlands U-21′s in their defeat to Italy.

When asked about Manchester United link, Van Ginkel said, “Manchester United, I didn’t know… I have two more years at Vitesse. It’s a club who’s growing, so I’m also happy there.”

Chelsea have been heavily linked with the 20 year old, and where said to have agreed a fee with Vitesse of around €8.5 million, with the players agent confirming the interest, but stating no talks had started.

Vitesse and Chelsea have a special relationship, with the two club owners said to be good friends, and the English club loaning several players to the Arnhem based team last season. This would put the Londoners as favourites to land the player, who will now go on holiday before deciding where his future lies.

Ajax last week confirmed they had made a bid of around €7 million for Van Ginkel, but director Marc Overmars admitted defeat, with his team unable to compete financially with the English clubs.

Van Ginkel starred last season for Vitesse, scoring 14 goals in all competitions, and laying on 15 assists, as the attacking midfielder was named young player of the year.

With one cap to his name for the senior Netherlands squad to his name, Van Ginkel will be looking to move to a team where first team football is guaranteed, as next summers World cup looms.
with 8,5 m euro Galliani should take the gamble!!!!!!!!!!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't see it...

Chelsea will outbid us every day and twice on Sundays.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I'd prefer Van Ginkel over Strootman and Claise(yeah I know different types of players etc.) but now Jose would be in Marco's ear,too bad for us.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I'd prefer Van Ginkel over Strootman and Claise(yeah I know different types of players etc.) but now Jose would be in Marco's ear,too bad for us.

You should be happy with any of the three
It's not like it's gonna happen
We can only dream

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Me too. For the 4-3-1-2 we need a player like Van Ginkel.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Van Ginkel's transfer upadate
Van Ginkel transfer not close says agent
However Karel Jansen has denied there is any agreement, telling Voetbal International, “We know nothing of an agreement. There is no contact.”

“We are trying to figure out what the sporting opportunities are for Marco at Chelsea. Jose Mourinho was in a personal interview very positive with him. That certainly plays a role. However, it is especially important that Marco plays next year. An agreement is therefore not made.”

The player is said to prefer a move to Ajax in order to gain first team football ahead of next summer’s World Cup, but Vitesse are unwilling to talk to their Eredivisie rivals.

However that may change with Erwin Kasakowski, who originally ignored the Ajax offer of €7.5 million, no longer a director at Vitesse, with Jansen unsure of who is actually in charge at the club:

“It is crazy that we know nothing. It is unclear who is in charge at Vitesse. Kasakowski is now no longer a director, Joost de Wit has just been employed. I talked to technical director Ted van Leeuwen, a long time ago, but did not know. ”

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
He's going to Chelsea

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chelsea need to see a psychiatrist. They have a serious hoarding problem.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
How much did he cost Chel$ki?

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
€10.5 million.Hopefully he won't get a look in at Chelsea's overloaded midfield then in Jan or next July :g:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
No worries, Mourinho will show to the unneeded players the famous "Kaka" treatment ... and they will run away in horror.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kaka didn't run away he stayed on the bench and made lotsa $

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan officially asked for him on loan according to Sky.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like him, would be very useful.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In Eridivisie he was played as an AM... scored and assisted a ton of goals for a mid. Seen him as an ideal offensive minded/b2b mid for us last year.

Mourinho had him in mind as a one of the 2 DM's in his system. I dont think that's his role..

There is talk of a dry loan (altough an option could be included, answer on monday) but if he comes I can totally see him doing well and wanting to stay at Milan once his spell is over.

Last edited:

Schedule