Manuel Locatelli Thread

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You made me so wanna see the kid in action.
Did you watch him in a game ?

Yeah I have. He's really good at passing and knows how to position himself well defensively. The only thing he needs to work on is bulking up more to be ready for Serie A.

he was pretty good in pre season. a bit greedy but that was probably because he wanted to impress

Plus he was playing out of position. He was played as a 10 instead of an anchor.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I hope he is not another Mastalli (bench player of Lugano) :lol:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Mastali in lebanese mean an idiot , no way to compare to Luca!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Manuel Locatelli Thread

So how good is he?
Who does he remind of in terms of playing style?

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So how good is he?
Who does he remind of in terms of playing style?

He reminds of Xavi tbh.

Things that stand out about him:

- Great range of passing
- Creative
- Has great positioning (intercepts a lot)
- Likes to play quick passes

Here's a video on his passes

I wish there was a video on his positioning so people can see he's not defensively weak like Cristante was at anchor.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Manuel Locatelli Thread

I think of montolivo after watching that video, somehow

Is he the real deal or just another cristante allan?

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cristante should never have been sold. He was replaced under quite possibly the dumbest circumstances I've ever seen. I hope we don't similarly sell Locatelli.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Cristante was like a fart in the wind.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
cristante the type of bitch to ask to be traded to get playing time and disappear off the face of the earth

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cristante the type of bitch to ask to be traded to get playing time and disappear off the face of the earth

We replaced him immediately after with a disloyal loanee in Van Ginkel, who was never better than what Cristante showed under Seedorf, and who would have cost more to purchase than what we made off of selling Bryan.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We replaced him immediately after with a disloyal loanee in Van Ginkel, who was never better than what Cristante showed under Seedorf, and who would have cost more to purchase than what we made off of selling Bryan.

Implying that Cristante showed something under Seedorf? He didn't get a single minute under him. The infamous Sassuolo game that got Allegri fired was his last Serie A game, and the one Tassotti game(Spezia in Coppa) was his last competitive game for Milan.

He showed in those few games and the preseason friendlies that he has an impressive shot and his technique is not that bad. But he was no way near good enough defensively for a B2B mid, and obviously not ready for the anchor role either. He needed/needs to work his way up from Serie B, because that's his level right now, but he thought he was too good for loans and even smaller Serie A clubs....so he demanded to be sold to Benfica, and got what he wanted because Silvio's Milan don't force players to stay.....annnddd unsurprisingly he was not good enough to play for Benfica either.

Agree about the Van Bieber dry loan though. One of the most embarrasing bb-ilan moments.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score

van ginkel was betetr than cristante
and he didnt cost us anything, but a small salary.

cristante turned into bonaventura (used his $ to buy him), so this conversation is actually pointless.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think of montolivo after watching that video, somehow

Is he the real deal or just another cristante allan?

Real deal. Locatelli has better vision and reading of the game than Cristante did (both offensively and defensively).

However, Locatelli does need to bulk up a bit more for Serie A. He's too skinny right now.

Cristante should never have been sold. He was replaced under quite possibly the dumbest circumstances I've ever seen. I hope we don't similarly sell Locatelli.

Galliani offered Cristante a loan to a several Serie A teams and even Benfica but in the end Cristante was the one who pushed for the permanent move to Benfica.

I don't think we can be mad though since we got Bonaventura and he's been crucial for us in the past 2 years.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Cristante was sold and with that money we bought jack

good deal imo

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Real deal. Locatelli has better vision and reading of the game than Cristante did (both offensively and defensively).

However, Locatelli does need to bulk up a bit more for Serie A. He's too skinny right now.

niice :thumbsup:
About to get my hopes up, can't wait to see him get some minutes next season hopefully under miha.

Future looks bright as of NOW. (You never know, they can always fuck up in the summer)

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Excited about this guy.

He looks to have superb vision and passing range.

Reaction score
How can you say that Cristante turned into Bonaventura?
Actually, he turned into Biabiany.
So, selling Cristante wasn't a good move, we bought a great player by chance.
99 times out of 100 these kind of deal turn into shit.
That said, Cristante doesn't seem as good as someone said when he was sold, hope Locatelli is a better player and will be our top midifielder of the future.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, & Sheva
Manuel Locatelli

565fe6b3-0f54-4223-afce-4a230a0a0a6b-manuel-locatelli-preview.jpeg

We should add this guy

PLAYER DATA

Date of birth: Jan 8, 1998
Place of birth: Lecco Italy
Nationality: Italy Italy
Position: Midfield - Central Midfield
Current club: AC Milan U19AC Milan U19
In the team since: Jul 1, 2014
Contract until: 30.06.2018
Date of last contract extension: Mar 21, 2015
2nd club: AC Milan (#73)
:star::star::star::star::star:
http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/player-focus-manuel-locatelli/

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
van ginkel was betetr than cristante
and he didnt cost us anything, but a small salary.

cristante turned into bonaventura (used his $ to buy him), so this conversation is actually pointless.

Van Ginkel better than Cristante? :fp::fp::lol::lol::lol:

Van Ginkel was a complete nightmare for exception of 2 games. Not to mention that he not only cost us some money but time that could be given to a player that actually belonged to us.

But what do I expect from a guy that rates Iturbe and Balo on the same level of Messi

Anyways, about Locatelli probably will get burned in the bench for the years to come.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Locatelli, are you ready to play for Italy?

“More than ready as we prepared very well. I look forward to playing.”

There are high expectations surrounding this team.

“The team has a lot of quality. Many of us are have trained with the senior teams, and it shows. And then we have a solid group without any egos. We have everything to go a long way. We’ll work hard to win the European Championship and qualify for the World Cup.”

[Italy U21 boss Luigi] Di Biagio has also complimented you.

“I thank him. His words filled me with pride.”

Berlusconi said that among Milan’s youth team there is an extraordinary boy named Locatelli.

“I got goosebumps when I heard those words. What he said was incredible.”

And you don’t feel the pressure?

“No, no pressure. Only great pride that it is one more incentive to work, improve and grow fast.”

Mihajlovic said he wants you to play more vertically.

“He’s right (laughs). The coach is helping me so much, it’s an honour to have the opportunity to train with the first team.”

Milan believes in young people.

“Milan is the perfect place to grow. [Gianluigi] Donnarumma and [Davide] Calabria are proof of how the club is focused on giving youth a chance in the first team. Thanks to [Cristian] Brocchi I grew up, he and the Galli have incorporated a culture of work and identity that few have.”

Did you expect Donnarumma to be ready for Serie A.

“I don’t think even he expected a season like this. In short, you could see he was a great goalkeeper, but at 16 years to mind the goal in the Serie A is the stuff of phenomenons. With Gigi I have a great relationship. We both lived at the boarding school, we grew up together, and I’m super happy for him. With Donnarumma, Milan will be safe for many years.”

And Locatelli will be the new [Riccardo] Montolivo?

“I hope so. The captain is a fantastic person as well as a great champion. He gives me a lot of advice in training, and I try to take as much from him as possible when I train with him. But my hero in the Rossoneri remains Kaka. I grew up watching his exploits.”

So you feel ready for the A?

“I hope so. It would be a dream to debut this year.”

great prospect