Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Does it really matter where he's from? It doesn't for me. He's been with the team for 6 seasons and his record is one to be proud of, one to remain in every Milanista or non-Milanista memory and one that makes it easy to overlook his nationality. Through all those years he has become a symbol of the team, with his attitude on and off the pitch, he has set an example regardless of recent media fabrications. I think that every true Milanista, be it Italian or else, should be proud to see this player have this honour.

I know I would.

FORZA SHEVA!!!

Last edited:

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
halfblackwinner said:
i don't mind cafu or pirlo. but personally i prefer sheva! but the disadvantage he is at is that he is not italian :(
ok ok Pirlo then he is the man gattuso relies on him to do the crosses

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
if it were up to me i'd give it the armband kaka.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Congo Powers said:

I wouldn't be suprised if that happens in four or five years.

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
Congo Powers said:

i agree with it. or else give it to sheva or nesta...

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Anguisette said:
I wouldn't be suprised if that happens in four or five years.
That's assuming longevity is the *only* requirement. There's also consistency, leadership, respect ...... & Maldini's retirement of course :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Gattuso was intending to assume the captaincy from Maldini, then he pretty much shot himself in the foot with the comments he made last week. Oh well.

Sheva seems the more obvious choice to take over the armband, but I agree with those who say Cafu or Pirlo would be adequate choices (Cafu especially; after all, you can't get much higher than leading your national team to World Cup success). It's way too early for Kaka though; give him a few more years providing that some English team hasn't lured him away by then. :rolleyes:

Or, what about Dida?

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
For me.. Ambrosini is best choice. But he isn't regular all matches, as for these who are regulars I don't see good choice.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan*7 said:
That's assuming longevity is the *only* requirement. There's also consistency, leadership, respect ...... & Maldini's retirement of course :D

Actually, it isn't. Kaka looks well on his way into developing the characteristics of a decent leader.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
BMWTaylor said:
give him a few more years providing that some English team hasn't lured him away by then. :rolleyes:

Or, what about Dida?
i would fuck that english club that ever attempts to sign him, kaka will be a great great captain in time to come.

i forgot abt dida. coming to think of it, he is pretty good too.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
halfblackwinner said:
i forgot abt dida. coming to think of it, he is pretty good too.
Hmm. Bayern have a gk captain, but then his, er, towering personality demands that role. I can't really see Dida playing the German drill-sargeant. He's not the one to rally Milan's midfield/attack when we're a goal down + certainly not the one to inspire confidence if we're 3 down. The most he can do is yell at the defenders, but that's it :tongue:

-------------

Back to the topic, Gattuso will also never be capitano :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milan*7 said:
Hmm. Bayern have a gk captain, but then his, er, towering personality demands that role. I can't really see Dida playing the German drill-sargeant. He's not the one to rally Milan's midfield/attack when we're a goal down + certainly not the one to inspire confidence if we're 3 down. The most he can do is yell at the defenders, but that's it.
Good point, I suppose. If there's anyone who's the complete opposite of Kahn in terms of personality, it's him. He doesn't look like the type who'll get in his teammates' faces if they screw up.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
If Gattuso was intending to assume the captaincy from Maldini, then he pretty much shot himself in the foot with the comments he made last week. Oh well.

Sheva seems the more obvious choice to take over the armband, but I agree with those who say Cafu or Pirlo would be adequate choices (Cafu especially; after all, you can't get much higher than leading your national team to World Cup success). It's way too early for Kaka though; give him a few more years providing that some English team hasn't lured him away by then. :rolleyes:

Or, what about Dida?

Gah, no luring away of our Kaka! Pirlo would be a good choice in a year or two as his confidence seems to be growing and he's a classy player.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Saw this on the official site:

AC Milan's CEO Adriano Galliani added: 'I invited Rino Gattuso over for dinner. Just the two of us, to be sure that we are all on the same page and there are no problems. Sometimes when you love something or someone too much there might be misunderstandings. But there are no problems at all with Rino'.

Now, what was that? Probably contract negotiations, right?

I'd much rather they let him go to Man Utd or wherever (in jan) an' get another decent midfielder.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Italian Tsar said:
'I invited Rino Gattuso over for dinner. Just the two of us.

Sometimes when you love someone too much there might be misunderstandings.

But there are no problems at all with Rino'.
I'm not sure, but this sounds like Galliani admiting he had it off with Gattuso :eek:
Having dinner alone, loving someone too much, It sounds like Galliani is complementing Rino on how good he was in bed, I feel sick :mad:
Things like this should never be made public :head:
I never had Galliani down as a kiss and tell anyway :tongue:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
I'm not sure, but this sounds like Galliani admiting he had it off with Gattuso :eek:
Having dinner alone, loving someone too much, It sounds like Galliani is complementing Rino on how good he was in bed, I feel sick :mad:
Things like this should never be made public :head:
I never had Galliani down as a kiss and tell anyway :tongue:

Hear, Hear. As if we haven't had enough of their romantic escapades this season :rolleyes: . I always thought Big B and Baldy had it for Rino, but nver thought they'd come out in the open with it, albeit in a romantic light :D .

Oh, What a Scandal! :eek:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italian Tsar said:
Hear, Hear. As if we haven't had enough of their romantic escapades this season :rolleyes: . I always thought Big B and Baldy had it for Rino, but nver thought they'd come out in the open with it, albeit in a romantic light :D .

Oh, What a Scandal! :eek:
Hahaha, your right, this could be the end of Baldies career with a scandal like this :D Please god don't let thier be pictures :head:

Maybe B had this leaked on purpose so he can found a coalition between Forza Italia and the Gay Rights Movemant :tongue:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
Hahaha, your right, this could be the end of Baldies career with a scandal like this :D Please god don't let thier be pictures :head:

Maybe B had this leaked on purpose so he can found a coalition between Forza Italia and the Gay Rights Movemant :tongue:

Rino's always been tenacious, hot-headed and passionate on the field, maybe Baldy was jus' checking if he had 'wt it takes to be' Captain ;) ; the routine stuff, u know.... :o

Btw, i heard Baldie's already card-holder in GRM :proud: ....

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
ANCELOTTI: 'I have never had problems with Rino'
9/26/2005
MILAN - Carlo Ancelotti then spoke about his players: 'Gilardino? He
has characteristics that permit him to play out of the box, not with a
lot of short passes, but with good long ones. He's very good at giving
balls to the midfielders ready to attack the box. It is a
characteristic that we want to use to our advantage. Sheva has to play
wider on the wings to accomadate him. But it is not going to be a
problem for him because Sheva is used to doing that and he does that
very well. And furthermore, Sheva's scoring average is very high
indeed. Gila and Vieri give us a possible advantage against a more
physical side. The first results have been positive. Gattuso? He has a
bad temper, but we have never had any problems. He always says what he
thinks. On Sunday, I gave him a hug because we get along very well.'
ANCELOTTI: 'Berlusconi? Like a father speaking with his son…'

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I Don't Want To Leave Milan-Gattuso

AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has no intention of leaving the Rossoneri, even though last month he appeared open to a move away from the Italian giants.

I don’t see why I shouldn’t stay at Milan. I have a contract that expires in 2009,” Gattuso told reporters today.

I was sidelined earlier this season because objectively I didn’t play how Ancelotti wanted me to play. Now things are getting better,” he added.

Gattuso might once again change his mind if things end in a similar fashion as last season.

If he does, Manchester United would be more than willing to sign Milan’s ‘Ringhio’

Source goal.com

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that Gattuso's goal against Palermo was #1 on the "Goals of the Week" segment tonight (it runs every Tuesday) on the Fox Sports World Report on FSC. Yay! :D :D

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
Gattuso scored in a match:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I suggest all AC Milan fans to go to www.planetmilan.com ;) and download the goal of Gattuso instantly because it would take atleast 2 more years for him to score:D. These sort of rare things are good to keep:D .
Only 3 goals in 6-7 years in a great attcking club like AC Milan. Thats the worst possible record for any midfielder in the world. Really a hopeless midfielder:head:.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mzk57 said:
Gattuso scored in a match:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I suggest all AC Milan fans to go to www.planetmilan.com ;) and download the goal of Gattuso instantly because it would take atleast 2 more years for him to score:D. These sort of rare things are good to keep:D .
Only 3 goals in 6-7 years in a great attcking club like AC Milan. Thats the worst possible record for any midfielder in the world. Really a hopeless midfielder:head:.

in 1997/1998 with gllasgow he score 7 goal for season and you really need to
638xc.gif

Last edited:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DugiNesta said:
in 1997/1998 with gllasgow he score 7 goal for season and you really need to
638xc.gif
Any idiot could score 7 goals in the SPL. Put it this way John Hartson is nearly always the top goal scorer :head:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
Any idiot could score 7 goals in the SPL. Put it this way John Hartson is nearly always the top goal scorer :head:

i did't know That thanx for telling me :)

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
There is some other web where i might be able to get the goal??? from planetmilan i can't...

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Luis said:
There is some other web where i might be able to get the goal??? from planetmilan i can't...
What about the official highlights?

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
Last Monday night I only saw the goals of AC Milan against Udinese. But yesterday I saw the highlights of AC Milan vs Udinese on super sports 3. I COULDN'T BELIEVED MY EYES:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. GATTUSO DID IT AGAIN:mad: :mad: :mad:. HE GAVE AWAY ANOTHER PENELTY:mad: :mad: :mad:. I cannot understand him :head: & the way he plays :head: plus his role in AC Milan team :head: .
On one side he says that ISTANBUL STILL HURTS :cry: , on the other side HE is still doing those rubbish things which cost us the Champions Leage title:mad: :mad: :mad:. Lets get it straight; Gattuso is some kind of Anti-Milan or Juve agent or what???:conf:. Sell him to Man Utd & Bring Solari or atleast some one else to make a stronger AC Milan;). Its as simple as that;).