Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
by the time the 2013-14 season started- ambrosini, antonini, flamini, yepes, and boateng were all gone and the only guy to come in was kaka... oh and fucking matri so by pretty much process of elimination, montolivo, abbiati and kaka would share the armband

allegri's magic wouldn't work for a 2nd time, he picked up 5 wins in 19 matches and famously got fired after berardi scored 4 goals in a lost to sassuolo 4-3. the season was a disaster, all the players were fucking trash. seedorf came in and very slowly steadied the ship until the end of the season, however seedorf also famously said he didn't want 75% of the squad including montolivo and that caused the majority of the players and management to turn on him

Didn't we sign Birsa that year? Saved us couple of times and was the only player capable of taking corners and free kicks in that team iirc. Seedorf didn't like him so he benched him.

Dark times.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Didn't we sign Birsa that year? Saved us couple of times and was the only player capable of taking corners and free kicks in that team iirc. Seedorf didn't like him so he benched him.

Dark times.

Birsa was a backup, he played because of the injures of El Shaarawy and Kaka. Then Kaka recovered and in january also we got Honda and Taarabt, so Birsa lost positions in the order of the possible choices.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Dark times.

he saved us exactly a couple of time :lol:. nice goals in both game.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
So what's the deal on Montolivo? Any reason he's being frozen out?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

yes, him being frozen out is karma for all the scrambled eggs he refused to eat during a 4 month period in 2014.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

Not sure how reliable this is, but it might be the reason:

Calciomercato exclusively understand that the relationship of Ricardo Montolivo and AC Milan manager Rino Gattuso.has broken down.

While we have previously reported citing other outlets that Montolivo's contract at Milan could be rescinded, we can now exclusively reveal that Leonardo and the club are trying to do the same.

We can reveal that Montolivo's and Gattuso's relation has hit rock-bottom and that is the reason why the Italian didn't play for the club in the pre-season games in the United States. His agents are also being blamed for creating problems.

Gattuso has been fed up of Montolivo's attitude and lazy approach and he is now willing to let him leave the club. It is felt that Montolivo's exit from San Siro is a matter of time now.

Over the last few weeks, there have been discussions about terminating the contract of the midfielder and it could soon be a possibility.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
yes, him being frozen out is karma for all the scrambled eggs he refused to eat during a 4 month period in 2014.

Not sure how reliable this is, but it might be the reason:

Right right, so it was Gattuso's eggs he refused, hmm..

I think his contract will terminate in 2019, may Milan just aren't giving him a good enough offer to rescind.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Surprised he’s still here to be honest. Hopefully stays away from the starting XI.

He was great in his first season but after his injury he was never the same, he deserved the captaincy at the time and I honestly thought he was about to reach his potential at Milan. Such a shame when he got injured.

Definitely needs to leave though, he’s a lost cause now for our club. However our trash could be someone else’s treasure, he’s just not up to the standard we require now.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Gattuso said he is injured multiple times. so not really sure about it. i do think gattuso don't like him that much. didn't gattuso slap him in the head from behind after final whistle of some match? and he was like wtf did i do. monto can still be a important sub for us so whatever is the reason he is out hopefully is resolved soon.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Gattuso said he is injured multiple times. so not really sure about it. i do think gattuso don't like him that much. didn't gattuso slap him in the head from behind after final whistle of some match? and he was like wtf did i do. monto can still be a important sub for us so whatever is the reason he is out hopefully is resolved soon.

Like most, I’d like to see him the least possible until he is officially gone.

But which player has not yet been slapped by Gattuso?
So it Doesn’t mean nothing.

However, I, too, think Gattuso doesn’t like him as player.
I am pretty sure that most coaches from the past seasons didn’t either (talking about the series of former players after Allegri + miha) But had no alternatives or balls to bench him...
only one who had the balls to do it, we know how it ended.

And if we still had Galliani here, Gattuso wouldn’t dare put him aside as he is now... hell, we wouldn’t have signed anyone for the position... Galliani sees in him a combo of Modric and prime Yaya Toure

(yes not taking him on summer tour is a clear message, F that injury talk)

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Inagine being one of the people that believes this loser should bench biglia.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Monto is in the EL squad. So not completely frozen out ...

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
Now when Locatelli bailed, we really don't have anyone else to replace Biglia. Hopefully Monto can settle his disagreements with Gattuso.

It's really shame Locatelli is gone, he would have had decent number of minutes this season.

Sad but true...

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
unlikely since Rino stated we ll always play with 3 midfielders but i hope to see a 4231 vs weak EL sides so we dont field this loser

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
There never were disagreements between him and Gattuso and he was never frozen out of the team, it were only speculations of sport "journalists".

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
why did he not travel to the USA with the team at pre-season then?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Don't blame him. Gets a nice paycheck with Milan this year before going for his lower last contract in his career. Good for Montoleader

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
MONTOLIVO
MONTOLIV
MONTOLI
MONTOL
MONTO
MONT
MON
MO
M
MO
MON
MONZ
MONZA ?

player coach. Galliani can pull it off in January after (if) they takeover Monza ...
Highest paid player and Coach in Serie C

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
https://m.milannews.it/le-intervist...ere-titolare-fisso-in-nazionale-sirigu-307335

Giovanni Branchini, agente, tra gli altri, di Riccardo Montolivo, ha rilasciato una lunga intervista al Corriere dello Sport e ha dichiarato: “Se deve giocare questo Jorginho in Nazionale, allora io dico che il mio Montolivo, scandalosamente epurato, è molto meglio. Spiegami anche Donnarummma. Perché deve essere titolare fisso? Parliamo di criteri, non di giocatori. Sirigu è stato uno dei migliori portieri dello scorso anno, Donnarumma ha finito male e ha ricominciato peggio. La verità è che dobbiamo buttare il fumo negli occhi alla gente. Gigio decisivo contro la Polonia? Ma lui è un grande portiere. Non è questo il punto. Donnarumma è il futuro? Che criterio è? E allora, per convocarlo, aspettiamo che il futuro diventi presente. Il problema di fondo è un altro. Non produciamo un campione da quindi anni. E nessuno si chiede il perché”.]

Giovanni Branchini, football agent, representing Riccardo Montolivo, has released an interview in Corriere dello Sport:

'If this Jorginho has to play in the national team, then I say that my Montolivo, who has been scandalously put aside, should start, he is way better. Donnarumma? Why should he be a fixed starter for Italy? Let's talk criteria, not players. Sirigu was one of the best keepers last year, Donnarumma finished bad and restarted even worse. The truth is that we have throw smoke in people's eyes. Gigio decisive against Poland? But he's a great keeper, no doubt. That's not the point. Donnarumma's the future? OK then, let's wait that the future becomes present so that we call him up. The base problem is another one, we didn't produce a champion for years. And nobody asks themselves why.'

What a bum.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
MONTOLIVO
MONTOLIV
MONTOLI
MONTOL
MONTO
MONT
MON
MO
M
MO
MON
MONZ
MONZA ?

player coach. Galliani can pull it off in January after (if) they takeover Monza ...

Lol! Lets have Monza vs Milan in the cup

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
new :monto:?
DSC01733%20-%20Copy%20(1).jpg

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
MONTOLIVO
MONTOLIV
MONTOLI
MONTOL
MONTO
MONT
MON
MO
M
MO
MON
MONZ
MONZA ?

Well done for calling it.

According to Calciomercato.com sources, it seems like Montolivo is "considering this option" as he has a good understanding with both Berlusconi and with Adriano Galliani. Even so, it seems like Montolivo might prefer waiting a bit and see if Monza can first qualify back to the Serie B before joining them. His current contract will expire next summer (June 2019) as time will tell.

I do hope B&G can roll back the years and convince him to move this January instead as you predicted. 2.5m net of salary there towards someone else.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
lol came to my mind as a joke.

dude want to wait till summer to see if they get promoted...how about "go and get get them promoted!" ? ... speaks to his character...and this was the captain at some point ... the first to panic and crumble when we opposition started to put us under slight pressure...

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
why is he even in the club still? pay him his contract and get rid of this cancer.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
why is he even in the club still? pay him his contract and get rid of this cancer.

business wise, it makes sense.
if he goes in January, then half that money has been saved.
that's a full year's salary for our 3rd and 4th GKs combined

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dude want to wait till summer to see if they get promoted...how about "go and get get them promoted!" ? ... speaks to his character...and this was the captain at some point ... the first to panic and crumble when we opposition started to put us under slight pressure...

This is true. :thumbsup: