Jose Mourinho Thread

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, since he's a very popular subject on here and there's been requests aplenty for a JM thread, here it is. Knock yourselves out.

All we ask is that you stay on topic and save any petty arguments for IMs.

_40966358_jose270.jpg
mourinho1.jpg
mourhino.JPG

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
guys,he looks like he could replace Alan Dellon or Mr.Bean...in other words he should be a moviestar.

and yes,it's good the NAPOLEON thread is finally open.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Kuzimoto said:
guys,he looks like he could replace Alan Dellon or Mr.Bean...in other words he should be a moviestar.

and yes,it's good the NAPOLEON thread is finally open.
Hes not the type who can conquer the world, or even dream of doing so.

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
ORez said:
Hes not the type who can conquer the world, or even dream of doing so.
:conf:
who is then?

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
BMWTaylor you fucking kick the fucking ass! That's the best thread ever!

I've always been thinking of opening a thread on him, but had the fears of getting it closed, but since you opened it that's great. ;)

Jose Mourinho is the special one

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mourinho is not used to being off the top and sounded far from the Special One when asked why he had been unable to solve defensive problems in training. "Maybe I am not such a good manager, maybe the players are not such good players," he said, before concentrating on Chelsea's problems in dealing with tall, strong strikers.
:D

BTW, he's earning more than the players O.O
I guess, when he wins CL he'll get a raise...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaka, Seedorf, Beckham, Henry, Toni
It's good to see with all the new superstars on the team that he'll lead Chelsea to another premier cup... right?

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kman004 said:
It's good to see with all the new superstars on the team that he'll lead Chelsea to another premier cup... right?
wouldn't be so sure of that :D

Manchester United go go!!!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
shaph said:
wouldn't be so sure of that :D

Manchester United go go!!!

Im with you fratello... I was being sarcastic. Mourinho is easy to hate and I love to hate him.

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
its mourinho..
i admire him so much..
best manager..
i like his tactics

Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanissimo said:
how much is he paid?

9 million USD per year before bonuses.

Btw. While I was looking up his salary, I came across a funny quote from last year I believe... "We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work"

Mourinho you're not working hard enough this year.. :tongue: lol

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
:star: thnx for the information :star: ,and yes he is not working hard enough :D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
kataknakal said:
i love him when he say bad thing about man u.. :D

LOL yeah, he likes to provoke, hm...no heated discussions on mourinho now dat he got his own thread..my point exactly! :D but hope this goes sumwhere though

ROFL @ dat quotation...what ahs he won with chelski?

who compared him with mr, Bean??? DANG BOY, bean is hawter & more classy;) ;)

i feel this should've been a birthday gift to farouk, you fuckin' great fuck of a fan (LOL) :D :D (no offence, you use that word all da time so felt like using your favourite word)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I would have preferred a thread where we discussed other coaches - not only Mourinho. But, we could go a bit off-topic since he isn't outrageously popular over here ;)

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kman004 said:
9 million USD per year before bonuses.

Btw. While I was looking up his salary, I came across a funny quote from last year I believe... "We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work"

Mourinho you're not working hard enough this year.. :tongue: lol

Isn't it 10millions something?
Now I'm confused, as I don't know if it'S USD, €, or Pounds.
I will ask later someone.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
madtherchot said:
But, we could go a bit off-topic since he isn't outrageously popular over here ;)

He is popular :tongue:

crazymilangirl said:
i feel this should've been a birthday gift to farouk, you fuckin' great fuck of a fan (LOL) (no offence, you use that word all da time so felt like using your favourite word)

LOL :D You fucking kick the mother fucking ass! LOL

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka', Gourcuff, Dida
ah Mourinho, a manager for the players AND fans. I dig his celebrations, too bad Carlo just stands there like Art Shell:tongue:

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is my favorite Internet page ever, I swear to god I just view it every day, even though I have all of it saved on my PC :tongue: I just can't resist it.

List of Jose Mourinho quotations:

"I am a Special One."

"'Nobody' in this football world is perfect,..... i am 'nobody'."

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one."

"My family love living in London. It is a fantastic city and a city such as this deserves to host the Olympic Games."

"I told Mr Ferguson United didn't deserve to leave with nothing". [After Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-0 in Mourinho's first game as manager.]

"During the afternoon it rained only in this stadium - our kitman saw it. There must be a micro-climate here." [Before the Blackburn v Chelsea game - 2004/2005]

"It was like they parked the team bus in front of the goal!" [after a 0-0 draw with Tottenham at Stamford Bridge]

"The linesman scored the goal. No-one knows if that shot went over the line and you must be 100%" [after losing to a contentious Liverpool goal in the Champions League semi-final 2005]

"They are in the final and from my heart I hope they win it. The night belongs to them and I don't want to criticise them" [on Liverpool in Europe]

"I felt the power of Anfield, it was magnificent"

"That was not a football score, it was a hockey score...in training I often play matches of three against three and when the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing room, because they are not defending properly" [on the Tottenham vs Arsenal match, which ended 5-4 to Arsenal]

"The best team lost. After they scored only one team played, the other one just defended for the whole game." [on losing to Liverpool in Europe]

"It was a goal that came from the moon - from the Anfield stands" [defeat against Liverpool in the Champions League]

"We're not the perfect team and I'm not saying we are the best team in the world, but I think we deserve a little bit more respect." [after Chelsea defeated European champions Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield. Mourinho's team had recently been criticised for playing "boring" football]

"They believed it was possible. This is the only country in the world where that would happen." [praising Colchester's fans in the FA Cup 2006] [1]

"How do you say cheating in Catalan?" [after Chelsea were beaten 2-1 by Barcelona in a match where Mourinho accused Lionel Messi of getting Asier del Horno sent off.] [2]

"Makelele is not a football player - Makelele is a slave," "He's played the biggest game you can, the World Cup final, and now wants to retire but the coach told us if he is not playing for France, he is not playing for Chelsea,"; "We know the rules. You are a slave, you have no human rights." [3] [Criticising the French Football Federation and coach Raymond Domenech decision to include Claude Makelele in a August 2006, Euro 2008 Qualifier with the problem being Makelele having retired from International Football after the 2006 World Cup.]

"I can tell you now, to stop you (journalists) from asking, that as long as he is not scoring, Shevchenko will play." - on Andriy Shevchenko's goal drought.

"There are still other things which concern me, not just concern me, but leave me in a very emotional situation, If my goalkeeper dies in that dressing room or in that process it is something English football has to think about, It looks like what I did against Liverpool that 'shut up' was a nightmare, that a player from Manchester City shows half his ass for two seconds was also a big nightmare. I think this is a real nightmare, a real nightmare. I would like somebody to tell me why my goalkeeper was put in this situation for 30 minutes." [4] [Reflecting on the events which lead to the aftermath of the Petr Cech injury on 14/10/2006 at Reading and how the English press reflect on situations that arise at Football matches.]

"We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager."

"I have loved football since I can remember and I understand the evolution of football and the modern needs of football."

"I am absolutely sure that we will be champions next season." [having just moved to FC Porto, January 2002]

"In normal conditions, Porto will be the champion, in abnormal conditions, Porto will also be the champion" [in the middle of the Portuguese premier league season]

"If you have at home one Bentley and one Aston Martin, if you go all everyday in the Bentley and leave the Aston Martin in the garage you are a bit stupid," - Defending his squad rotation policy

"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work."

"They have to enjoy playing for me and Chelsea but they don't have to be in love with me." - Referring to his Chelsea players

"I am very happy because the club is beating records with the sales of new shirts. I don't sell shirts but there a relation between shirt sales and the performance of the team. 'If we perform well they sell more shirts."

"Ricardo Carvalho seems to have problems understanding things, maybe he should have an IQ test, or go to a mental hospital or something," - After Carvalho blasted Mourinho for not picking him to play

"If I made a mistake then I apologise. I am happy that I'm not going to jail because of that."

"Mr Roth has two ways out, apologise or it goes to court" [on being called the enemy of football]

"If Roman Abramovich helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt!"

"I don't have a taste for having 10 cars."

"There is no pressure at the top. The pressure's being second or third".

"We were together in my office. He asked me, 'What did you say to the press, young man?' We laughed, we joked, we spoke, we drank and when we go to Old Trafford for the second leg on Jan 26, it is my birthday. I will bring a beautiful bottle of Portuguese wine for after the game. The wine we drank at Stamford Bridge was very bad. And he was complaining about it. He is a wonderful, great manager. I have a lot of respect for the big man. I call him 'boss' because he's our [the other managers'] boss. He's the top man, a really nice person and he deserves to be the boss. Maybe when I am 60 the kids will call me the same." [on Sir Alex Ferguson]

"If I wanted to have an easy job... I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.".

"Pressure? Pressure what? You cannot put pressure on me." [When asked if Chelsea's dip in form was due to the pressures of leading the Premiership]

"Pressure? There is no pressure. Bird Flu is pressure.(The Press Laugh) No, you laugh, but I am being serious. I am more worried about the swan then I am about Football.

“I don’t want him to teach me how to lose 4-0 in a Champions League final because I don’t want to learn that,” [questioning Johan Cruyff after he criticized his team style of play]

"Everybody was waiting for Chelsea not to win every game and one day, when we lose, there will be a holiday in the country. But we are ready for that. "

"I think you need me to say something that will stop these strange questions. You want me to say 'we are going to be champions'? Well, we are going to be champions. You have something to write now. It doesn't matter about the result against Blackburn or Manchester United, we will be champions." [At a press conference, prior to it Chelsea drew their last two games and individuals started to question his teams early season confidence.]

"Pressure? Pressure what? Pressure is millions of parents around the world with no money to feed their children." [On the pressure of winning a game after losing twice in a row]. Various other public figures paraphrased this quote.

"I would need bodyguards in Oporto. If you visit Palermo, you probably also need them." (Interview before Porto-Chelsea, 30 November 2004)

"Sometimes you see beautiful people with no brains. Sometimes you have ugly people who are intelligent, like scientists." [On the state of the Stamford Bridge pitch prior to their home Champions League game against Barcelona in 2006]

"Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy [Lionel Messi] has learned very well. He's learned play-acting." [After Messi got Asier Del Horno sent off in their defeat against Barcelona in February 2006]

"For me...pressure is Bird Flu...I'm serious the Bird Flu in Scotland is bothering me more." [Said during the week bird flu was discovered in Scotland and Manchester United close the gap at the top of the Premier League to 7 points - April 2006]

"I believe in freedom of speech: you make a speech and I'll give you your freedom."

"It's just a haircut." [When questioned about his hair prior to the MLS All-stars vs. Chelsea game - August 2006]

"When I go to the press conference before the game, in my mind the game has already started."

"And when I go to the press conference after the game, the game has not finished yet."

Enjoy :D He's the best.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
censorthiis said:
Why does his haircut need to be quoted?

Because he's a Special one. :tongue:

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:
Because he's a Special one. :tongue:

Oh, of course. If anything's reason enough...

I don't suppose we'll ever hear about Ancelotti's hair around here then.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
censorthiis said:
Oh, of course. If anything's reason enough...

I don't suppose we'll ever hear about Ancelotti's hair around here then.

We should talk about Lippi's hair :D Remember when he promised to shave his head if Italy won the WC? Then after they won gattuso told him 'Didn't you promise to shave your head?' and Lippi said 'I didn't know we were going to win' Instead Gattuso shaved his hair and Lippi didn't do his promise.

Of course I expected something like this from Lippi, ex-Juvy ex-Inter :tongue:

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
KAKA' 22 said:
This is my favorite Internet page ever, I swear to god I just view it every day, even though I have all of it saved on my PC :tongue: I just can't resist it.

List of Jose Mourinho quotations:

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one.".

WOWSERS..damn ancelotti better learn a lil' bit from this arrogant fuck :D :D be more arogant, ancelotti LOL

awesome quotes thanx for sharing

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
akbarm said:
ah Mourinho, a manager for the players AND fans. I dig his celebrations, too bad Carlo just stands there like Art Shell:tongue:
Heh...he may join Shell on the chopping block pretty soon. At least you can't finish 2-14 in int'l football. :) Seriously, how many times have you seen a Milan player make a great play and Carletto just stands stonefaced on the sideline?

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
The special one.. special enough to have his own thread now. Even his hair is special ... simply soo special.

KAKA' 22 said:
"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one."

"That was not a football score, it was a hockey score...in training I often play matches of three against three and when the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing room, because they are not defending properly" [on the Tottenham vs Arsenal match, which ended 5-4 to Arsenal]

"We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager."

"In normal conditions, Porto will be the champion, in abnormal conditions, Porto will also be the champion" [in the middle of the Portuguese premier league season]

"If you have at home one Bentley and one Aston Martin, if you go all everyday in the Bentley and leave the Aston Martin in the garage you are a bit stupid," - Defending his squad rotation policy

"They have to enjoy playing for me and Chelsea but they don't have to be in love with me." - Referring to his Chelsea players

"If I wanted to have an easy job... I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.".

"Everybody was waiting for Chelsea not to win every game and one day, when we lose, there will be a holiday in the country. But we are ready for that. "[/B]
The best ... :tongue:

I'm not really a fan of him but then this guy is fucking hilarious :tongue: