Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Rumble or not, you don't stop that early. It was silly tbh, these are world champion martial artists, getting hurt is part of the game and TJ was actively defending himself. Anyone remember Edgar vs Maynard?

That said, kudos to Cejudo, his confidence is through the roof.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Olympic wrestling doesn't translate into god tier wrestling in MMA, see DC vs Jones.

At this weight class, he could have taken a few punches with a solid chin, which TJ has. He wasn't fighting Rumble or somebody with scary k.o power.

That single leg wasn't getting him nowhere.

If they really want, they should just rematch.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
It's insane how TJ even made it to 125, you can understand why he's so frustrated must've killed himself to get there only to lose in 30 seconds. He's already lean af when he makes 135.

Cejudo such a stud.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I rewatched the fight several times now. Gotta admit, I don't think the stoppage was as bad as I initially thought, but I still maintain that the ref should have let the fight continue for a little bit more. Especially in a fight like this you gotta give the fighters the chance to recover.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
anyone else watching the goat fight tonight?
anyone else watching the goat get slain tonight?

damn fedor you got knocked the fuck out

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
That was on the button.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Funny press conference, ben askren was hilarious.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Just saw the face offs, Robbie and Ben looking like average Joe's ..imagine somebody stupid enough to pick a fight with one of these guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw both Usman and Jonathan look considerably bigger than their opponents.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Can't wait for this one. The main and co main event will be so fun.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Just saw the face offs, Robbie and Ben looking like average Joe's ..imagine somebody stupid enough to pick a fight with one of these guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw both Usman and Jonathan look considerably bigger than their opponents.

Woodley is bigger than usman and it will show on fight night. Dude is not tall at all but he is built like a brick house. He is dense. much denser than usman.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Woodley is bigger than usman and it will show on fight night. Dude is not tall at all but he is built like a brick house. He is dense. much denser than usman.

I know he is broad shouldered, but from the angle of the footage frame wise USMAN looked bigger to me.

I can't wait for the Stylebender vs Silva match up, should be some Matrix shit :D

Hope Israel knocks Silva cold.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
problem with adesanya silva fight is that i think it's gonna be a very short one. we won't enjoy it before one of them (probably silva) gets tkdo'd

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Robert Whittaker is OUT of his middleweight title defense against Kevin Gastelum.

Last edited:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ppv just turned unwatchable.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whittaker's hernia must have sneak level maxed out.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I knew something was fishy. A UFC main event hasn't been pulled in a sec, we were overdue.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
adesanya did not look impressive at all, waiting for the decision.

I have it 29-28 adesanya

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Do you guys think adesanya was holding back. It seemed like he dint quite fight to his potential. Either way kelvin and whittaker both would ko him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do you guys think adesanya was holding back. It seemed like he dint quite fight to his potential. Either way kelvin and whittaker both would ko him.

I keep seeing this narrative all over the place, and its the same shit that happened before the Brunson fight as well.

No it won't happen, because both Kelvin and Whittaker would plow forward, and get knocked out silly by his superior striking. Anderson did no such thing, they are very similar counter punchers and canceled each other out.

This match always had more potential to look like a training match, than anything else. My hope was that Anderson would not take it so serious, and try some fancy crap, just to have fun, only to get his head knocked cleaned off.

That didn't happen, but that also doesn't make Israel a hype job. I swear MMA fans change their opinions like the wind.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

this was a 100% stand up fight, israel never threatened with a take down. there's no fighter on the roster who could get away with an easy win vs silva in a fight like this.

very good and entertaining performance from both fighters and israel was a deserved winner.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I never thought adesanya was the next jon jones to begin with, he hasn't beaten anyone to suggest that.

also 43 year old anderson ate all of his shots.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What's your problem with adesanya? :lol:

This was a very good performance by him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
how is that a very good performance? the only take away i took from this fight is that anderson silva would have smoked him if he was in his prime.

this is a nearly 44 year old silva off roids who hasn't fought in TWO years, there was nothing impressive about this and tbf to him, I don't think he was satisfied with his own performance.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
A stand up fight vs silva is always dangerous, but he controlled the fight all the way. Of course he could have done better, you always can but this is how a muay Thai fight vs Silva looks like, no matter his age. 3-4 years ago DC wouldn't stand with him for 10 seconds and took him down over and over again even though he took the fight on a couple of days notice vs the champ of another weight class.

I think we simply have different mindsets tbh, you always look for the negative and I always look for the positive. One always finds what they're looking for.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
yeh DC played it completely safe and was boo'd out the building, he could have stood with him but didnt want a real fight on his hands.

bisping got the better of anderson in stand up in 5 rounds 3 years ago, so yeh I don't see how I can find this impressive.

it's not about being negative, it's about not falling for the hype. You can't convince me that someone who is supposedly in his prime edging out a decision vs a past it 44 year old fighter is impressive, because it's not.

I agree with you that both their styles create this awkward fight tho, I'm not looking past that.

I remember saying that weidman wasn't impressive because he was beating past it Brazilians, as soon as he fought someone legit he lost.

and where has he been since then? 1 in his last 5.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Bisping was a very good kickboxer, very underrated standup. I don't know what hype you're talking about, I'm making my own judgment of him and the fight. And it's not like I'm saying this was the best performance I've seen, just that he got the job done. He was never in danger vs a very dangerous stand up expert. Nothing to hate on or be disappointed about. Also, it was a bit of a showboat fight from both fighters.

Schedule