Week 12: AC Milan 0-0 Atalanta - 07/11/2015 - 20:45 CET

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Niang could play from the first minute against Atalanta according to MilanNews.it. The last time he played from the start with Milan was on 10 January. Then he went on loan to Genoa where he played 14 games and scored 5 goals.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Miha definitely knows how to deal with youth :thumbsup:

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Miha definitely knows how to deal with youth :thumbsup:

I'm a little bit dissapointed in how he handled Mauri. It can't be that Mauri is so shit he doesn't deserve atleast a chance like Poli. The kid showed good stuff with Parma, i'm a bit puzzled about how he treated him.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I'm a little bit dissapointed in how he handled Mauri. It can't be that Mauri is so shit he doesn't deserve atleast a chance like Poli. The kid showed good stuff with Parma, i'm a bit puzzled about how he treated him.
I dont blame neither Miha or Mauri.
Our midfield is beyond shit and there is no way to field a youngester next to shit players and expect him to lead th em when it should be the other way arround.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
isn't mauri like 19-20 years old?

fuck his agent, man.

he should just have patience and work hard, if he's good enough he'll get his chances. especially under someone like Miha.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Game of the season so far for me ✋&#55356;&#57339;

Win or seppuku

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Lets hope we win this match, and Roma draw vs Lazio, and maybe a draw of Fiore vs Samp.

Now we are 5th. We should try to end 4th in the table until Christmass.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And I also fucking hate playing Edy Reja's teams. &#55357;&#56875;&#55357;&#56875;&#55357;&#56398;&#55356;&#57339;

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we win this I think we could be first by week 18. Apart from Juve, we have a very easy schedule. Sam, Hellas and Bologna at home, and Carpi and Frosinone away.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi killed Reja's team 3:1 :lol:

Was the last match of the season, right? Lol I remember that game.

His teams are usually tough to score against though. Hes a boring, very defensive minded coach.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Lets hope we win this match, and Roma draw vs Lazio, and maybe a draw of Fiore vs Samp.

Now we are 5th. We should try to end 4th in the table until Christmass.

We will be higher than 4th if all goes well in the next 7 weeks.

Live_Score_Soccer_Serie_A_Live_Soccer_Scores_an.png

We've played 5 out of the top 7 sides... we're only 5 points off the top, and 4 away from the UCL.... the rest of them will begin to drop points as they will be meeting each other over the next 7 weeks... aside from the 2 obvious games i.e Juve and Samp, we should have an easy ride for the rest of the year.

Then comes the 2 week break and the January mercato :g:

Oh and Menez should be ready :gun:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Donnarumma may get a valuable life lesson from bunch of tricky players such as denis pinilla alejandro gomez and maxi moralez
Hope he concede less and bacca can do his job without bonaventura bertolacci montolivo

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We will be higher than 4th if all goes well in the next 7 weeks.

Live_Score_Soccer_Serie_A_Live_Soccer_Scores_an.png

We've played 5 out of the top 7 sides... we're only 5 points off the top, and 4 away from the UCL.... the rest of them will begin to drop points as they will be meeting each other over the next 7 weeks... aside from the 2 obvious games i.e Juve and Samp, we should have an easy ride for the rest of the year.

Then comes the 2 week break and the January mercato :g:

Oh and Menez should be ready :gun:

No, there are 6 weeks not 7 until the break.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Honda is the favorite to replace Bonaventura vs Atalanta according to GdS.

Andrea Poli will replace Bertolacci (injured) in the match vs Atalanta according to GdS.

:lol::fp:

Last edited:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I saw the training match where the team played vs the primavera and won 10-0... Adriano was very good, De Jong solid.... Niang was pretty bad despite scoring two goals, he's definitely not match fit and him starting the game would not be a wise move; at best he can play 30 minutes. Honda had a good game in training too. I'd play a 4-4-2 with De Jong and Kuco in the middle with Cerci and Honda (LW) on the flanks, Bacca + LA upfront. Poli doesn't deserve to start - he never does well when he does, he's such a limited player that tries hard but just isn't good enough. Very useful player from the bench though, just keep him out of the starting 11.

Suso/Nocerino could be on their way out after missing out on Miha's dinner last night. They were the only two who didn't make it along with Alex who was recovering from his injury.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honda is the favorite to replace Bonaventura vs Atalanta according to GdS.

Andrea Poli will replace Bertolacci (injured) in the match vs Atalanta according to GdS.

:lol::fp:

Who would you play? Nocerino? This is the state of the team with so many injuries. Poli is not that bad anyway, he tries everygame. I think he can cut vs team like Atalanta. Even the best teams who have a deep bench suffer from injuries. Look at Bayern last year.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Suso/Nocerino could be on their way out after missing out on Miha's dinner last night. They were the only two who didn't make it along with Alex who was recovering from his injury.

Ooooh that's cold Miha.... but I like it :lol: . One way to let em know they need to find a new club.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Giacomelli will be the the referee for Milan-Atalanta.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
with bona banned, we have lost our best set peice taker. We need honda, because I dont think our midfield will help us create its that bad

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Probable XI vs Atalanta (4-3-3): Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Mexes, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kucka, Montolivo, Poli; Cerci, Bacca, Honda [Mediaset]

cassano1990

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
that still looks a good enough line up we should win this with no issue - cerci had an awesome game his best yet if he keeps that up will be very good for us. It doesnt look like adriano will be a starter anymore, oh well good enough as a sub.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't underrate this game, it will be very tough!

Our teamdepends very much on Jack atm. He's crucial when it comes to creating and assisting for Bacca. This game will be harder than expected I think if we take in consideration that we'll probably miss Monto (maybe one of the most in-form registas in the Serie A right now) and Berto (who just began to show why we paid 20M for him, what a pitty he's out again).

As already mentioned the alternatives are not bright. Especially when it comes to replacing Jack. I think Sinisa has two options: the risky and the conservative option. Niang is obviously the risky option, as already said by Hitman he doesn't seem to have match fitness and moreover matchrhytm. Honda on the other hand hasn't performed very good in the rare occasions he was called up, but wirh him you know what you get, moreover he's very good at taking freekicks and should be fit enough for 90 minutes.

I would go for Honda in this one, unless Niang doesn't improve in trainings this week dramatically. That said I have faith in Miha, he gambled on Monto regista and benched De Jong and did right, he gambled on Donnaruma in a very delicate moment for us and he did right. He hold on Romagnoli despite his not splendid start with us and changed (maybe a little bit too late) from Alex to Zapata. He hold on Berto eventhough he wasn't performing well. He relaunched Cerci despite him not starting well, and Cerci is growing from week to week (he gave him time, something Pippo never did despite Cerci being one of his maintargets).

All in all there is not so much I could blame him for... Maybe that he sticked to long on 4-3-1-2 when it was obvious that we don't have the players (especially not a CAM) to play it, and that it took to long to work on the psychological fears and ghosts the squad had after to horrible seasons.

I'm glad that right now it seems to be the first time since long that we are moving in to a right direction out of this whole mess. After the Napoli game I really thought that we are lost. Still many problems to solve, the squad has his limits obviously and we'll have to work on them if we want to end up in TOP 3.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
montolivo surely cant be fit?

Yesterday he said something like let's see if he can recover for saturday.

And then being called-up is one thing, being started another.

I don't want De Jong as regista, but if Monto doesn't recover well, that's a good opportunity to evaluate how usefull De Jong still can be for us in order to decide what to do with him in january I think.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Probable XI vs Atalanta (4-3-3): Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Mexes, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kucka, Montolivo, Poli; Cerci, Bacca, Honda [Mediaset]

They are both right wingers and left footed as well...please miha dont do that what u did with bona and bertolacci. Cerci need to play in that position, dont force him to the left side, honda will be useless anyway. And please no boli.

We need to play 4-4-2, with kucka, monto, de jong and cerci in the midfield, that will support bacca and adriano. Dont force the system at all costs. De jong can be still usefull in double pivot, boli is fucking useless.

I like the defence tho

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Probably the best lineup we can currently put out if Niang isn't fit enough to start over Honda... Should be more than enough.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only way I can see us winning this is a Mexes wonder goal.

Schedule