Demetrio Albertini thread

Should Serie A Clubs Have "B" To Bring Along Young Talent ?

• Of course, It Would Benefit All Parties, Player, Club & National Team !

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Nah ! We are just fine as is ! !

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Demetrio Albertini slams high number of foreign players in Italy’s youth sides

Italian FA's vice-president unhappy with current state of Calcio

By Stefano Federici

With many still looking for answers following what was Italy’s worst ever showing at a World Cup just over a month ago, FIGC vice-president Demetrio Albertini has blasted the high number of foreign players present in the country's youth leagues.

“There are far too many foreign players plying their trade in Serie B, Lega Pro or the Primavera leagues,” Albertini declared to Repubblica.it.

“They form a stop cap over the growth of our own young players.

“The youth leagues aren’t enough anymore as a means for nurturing home grown talent.

“I think we need ‘B’ sides like in Spain for example. A Juventus or Inter B side could play in the Lega Pro and this would give the boys the chance to play against personnel with much more experience.

“We need to find the means to help the youngsters develop. Should they continue to play alongside those of the same age, the situation is bound to remain as it is.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3265...rtini-slams-high-number-of-foreign-players-in

After Watching The World Cup, And Merda Win The Treble Without A Single Italian Starter, I Believe For The National Team's Sake & The Growth Of Young Italian Players, Teams Should Have " B " sides. Keeping A System Like Baseball Minor Leagues, Calcio Would Stand A Better Chance Of Keeping Promising Talent & Giving Them A Better Chance Of First Team Play As Well. Instead Of Seeing Them Go To Other Leagues (i.e Federico Macheda... First One That Comes To Mind).

Would Anyone Care To Comment ? ?

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
He is partially right. I dont think the state of calcio is extremely bad. If i remember correctly our youth didnt do half bad in U-21 euros reaching SF and losing only to germany. But we have to give our young guns a lot more exposure.

Spain has the right system in place to develop its youth. And they are reaping the rewards. There is no doubt its one of the best youth systems in the world.

Does anyone know anything about the german model?

Last edited:

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Dear Albertini,
instead of bashing our youth system, think again before overpaying an arrogant prick like Lippi to embarras the national team like he did this summer. If young Italian players are good enough they will go to the first team, whether there are foreign youngsters in the youth teams or not.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Official: Demetrio Albertini thread

Merged some old threads for our champion working in FIGC now.

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
tumblr_lzjgsuPQrS1qfxktpo1_500.jpg

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
My maaaannn!! :proud:

Reason of me supporting Milan.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I want to see a better Albertini compiliation, there is not a proper one on the net as of yet, and he was a real good all round midfielder with a set of specialties.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
can't remember him playing for us. (earliest milan match i can remember is the 2003 CL final)

would love to learn more about him. i heard he was a more complete version of pirlo and my dad loved him as well.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're just one season too late.

2003 was when he left Milan for the first time to Atletico Madrid.

Shame he couldn't retire here, IMO he deserved the same legend status as Maldini.

inb4 rage from Maldini's fan :tongue:

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
I want to see a better Albertini compiliation, there is not a proper one on the net as of yet, and he was a real good all round midfielder with a set of specialties.

true. there's very little documentation on the net about him.
i miss the guy, so i watched some vids on youtube.
this what i could find:

van basten diving header goal in albertini tribute match :eek:

in chinese. good story narration, i think. if you need translation, PM me. i'll ignore it :o

it doesn't have sound, but enough to bring back the memories :proud:

albertini and baggio :eek: :lol:

last great guy from our academy :D

i'm in tears :cry:

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not disappointed, neither angry, but only moved because I'm saying goodbye to Ac Milan.

Deme.. :(

I wasn't that sad when Kaka and Sheva left us, not even close

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tumblr_lk0qitIFX81qawsswo1_500.png

Is this from 98/99? Leo in happier year with us :)

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
I'm not disappointed, neither angry, but only moved because I'm saying goodbye to Ac Milan.

Deme.. :(

I wasn't that sad when Kaka and Sheva left us, not even close

yeah, even tho i was quite sad (big upset involved too) when kaka and sheva leave milan, a player like billy, deme, paolo, has a whole different level of sadness to me. tbh i was blaming ancelotti of deme's leaving milan. but i guess i don't hate him since pirlo was a worthy successor of deme.

tumblr_lk0qitIFX81qawsswo1_500.png

Is this from 98/99? Leo in happier year with us :)

yep, under zac. leo did a good contribution for the scudetto. we were actually an underdog in that year. lazio was in superb performance with vieri. fio was also a strong contender with batistuta.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
tumblr_lq4pa2chsU1qfxktpo1_500.jpg

wtf? Paolo wearing nr. 9...

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Wow... Grande Demetrio... Much more complete playmaker than Pirlo. I remember him pretty good. Was doing great with the already great midfield we had back then. His vision was just amazing. He definitely can say: "Xavi who?" :D

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, he spent his last year in Barca barely playing, he's there to teach Iniesta and Xavi a thing or two :tongue:

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+ ancelotti,

Now we know what happened to Pirlo, deep-lying playmaker :)

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Thursday October 25 2012 Albertini: Milan must keep Allegri

Milan legend Demetrio Albertini has claimed that the Rossoneri should keep faith with Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

The San Siro side have had a disastrous start to the campaign – both domestically and in Europe – but the 41-year-old believes that the club should remain confident in the current boss.

Milan must keep Allegri,” he told reporters at an FIGC Press conference.

Any project started by the Coach needs time. Everyone has to work together to get better results.

I do not know where this crisis started, but it should be left for people inside the club to understand and fix.

The logic of changing their market strategy is something everyone can understand, but the current results are visible for everyone to see.

It is also true though, that the young players that have been brought in need time to grow.

Milan currently sit in 15th place in Serie A, having picked up just seven points from their first eight games, and also laboured to a 1-0 defeat at Malaga on Tuesday, meaning they have suffered six defeats in 11 games this term.

Some reports are suggesting that Frank Rijkaard has already signed an agreement to become the team's new Coach ahead of the game against Genoa this weekend.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Why aren't we supporting his candidature for FIGC President?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Political reasons I'm sure. Carlo Tavecchio has the backing of the right-wing parties and is an old 'establishment' guy.

While Matteo Renzi has decided to oppose Tavecchio. So we have a clear right vs left situation now. Milan will naturally support Tavecchio.

Albertini just happens to be the opposing guy.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Does Milan ever support their legends anymore...Maldini, Seedorf, and now preferring a guy under racism speculation over Albertini? :fp:

This club just keeps sinking lower and lower in all respects. It's getting harder to find things to love about us. This will get worse if we lose SES and DES.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
albertini has zero shot until he stops w/ his idea of reducing serie A in size.

whilei think it's a good idea, atleast halfclubs will immediately vote no. too much risk for them to get relegated year in year out

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
albertini has zero shot until he stops w/ his idea of reducing serie A in size.

whilei think it's a good idea, atleast halfclubs will immediately vote no. too much risk for them to get relegated year in year out

doesnt mean that the league shouldnt be reduced to 18.

albertini just needs to do what every other politician does to get elected: lie.

once he is elected, he can do whatever.

Schedule