The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think this would be assuming Suso leaves? Still leaves us light in the winger department...I know Callejon is older but if he came at a low price, he adds a lot of speed, clever runs and is a good decision maker. I think he would add some dyanism lacking with Suso.

We will play 4312 if Suso leaves. I don't see why we would play with wingers if he's not there.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
No, I've been complaining about average Jack for about 3 seasons. I want us to sign a quality LCM but unfortunately Ceballos is not the right player at this time.

I don't share Mirabelli's taste in players either tbf :)

Ceballos rumours sound like BS. He doesn't fit the 'experienced' criteria Gattuso was talking about and rarely scores. Given our lack of goals this season, it's highly unlikely we bench Bonaventura for a kid who scored just 2 goals last season for Real Madrid. He's also too inexperienced to take Biglia's role especially in a brand new league.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
If Suso leaves that we'll need a replacement for him as well. Borini is our only RW if Suso leaves ffs.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Suso leaves then I would guess Callejon is his replacement.

Callejon would be an excellent replacement for Suso given his release clause is just 20m. His Serie A stats are incredible: 57 goals/51 assists in 188 games. He also fits the experienced criteria Mirabelli is looking for.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Ceballos rumours sound like BS. He doesn't fit the 'experienced' criteria Gattuso was talking about and rarely scores. Given our lack of goals this season, it's highly unlikely we bench Bonaventura for a kid who scored just 2 goals last season for Real Madrid. He's also too inexperienced to take Biglia's role especially in a brand new league.

Exactly, hopefully he's going to Milan on vacation. A player with experience or at the very least.. a player coming off a good season that's capable of benching Jack.

Mirabelli gambled last season, we can't be rolling that same dice again.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone, a mod I believe, said a few pages back that we are not desperate for pace because we will only be participating in Italy last year. I found this to be an odd opinion given the fact that Milan's lack of pace showed very clearly multiple times in Italy last season. The most glaring example was against Juventus in Turin when they were open multiple times to counter attacks and Suso could not even outpace their defenders, who are all old and slow. We had multiple counters snuffed out because Suso lacked the pace to get by his man.

Further, Milan's ultimate objective is to compete on the continent because that is what Milan does, and we will need pace and counter attacking ability to do so. Our best teams this century could roast any team alive on the counter, and that's what we should aspire to as it is in our "DNA."

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think we'll swap Zaza for Bacca permanently and Falcao for Silva temporarily. We'll probably sign Depay and get Callejon to replace Suso if he's sold.

CF: Falcao/Zaza/Cutrone
Wings: Depay/Callejon with Hakan/Conti as backups

That's a significant upgrade for a net spend of just 20m. Obviously I'd prefer to sign a proven goalscorer like Cavani/Immobile if we've got the money.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Callejon would be an excellent replacement for Suso given his release clause is just 20m. His Serie A stats are incredible: 57 goals/51 assists in 188 games. He also fits the experienced criteria Mirabelli is looking for.

Immobile

Depay Hakan Callejon​

That might be the best we can hope for. Potentially 60+ goals in that attack. Jack and Suso would be surplus though.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Serious question - Why is everyone suddenly against having Morata at Milan? Last season we were after him or Auba, and tbh it seemed like it was a pretty split opinion back then. Most of our fans were licking their lips at the thought of having either of them.

Say what you want about it being a gamble, but there aren't many strikers who fit the bill (that are also realistic options) who won't cost a similar amount of money. Immobile is an easy pick. Prolific and knows the league, but we all know Lotito is a bitch to deal with and you can bet your arse he'll get more for what he's worth.

Morata has shown that he is a smart player and very capable when it matters most. Started off strongly at Chelsea and unfortunately faded (he admitted that the English culture/criticism was a bit rough around the edges), but this is also a club that has notoriously had failed strikers since Drogba. He might not be my first pick but he's certainly up there.

I swear some people think this is Career Mode and we can just take players off a charity lineup. Nobody in the world could take their pick barring Real, Barca and Bayern. United had multiple failed attempts at Lewandowski and the like and ended up bringing in Lukaku for a whopping 75m because they had to statistically bring in a 'proven' striker, and even that didn't pay dividends.

Star strikers that are actually on the market are few and far between, so signing a new CF is always going to be a gamble. This is the objective of the club, and the fans share the same sentiment. It's either that, or gambling on Cutrone. Tbh, the latter option still doesn't sound too bad.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone, a mod I believe, said a few pages back that we are not desperate for pace because we will only be participating in Italy last year. I found this to be an odd opinion given the fact that Milan's lack of pace showed very clearly multiple times in Italy last season. The most glaring example was against Juventus in Turin when they were open multiple times to counter attacks and Suso could not even outpace their defenders, who are all old and slow. We had multiple counters snuffed out because Suso lacked the pace to get by his man.

Further, Milan's ultimate objective is to compete on the continent because that is what Milan does, and we will need pace and counter attacking ability to do so. Our best teams this century could roast any team alive on the counter, and that's what we should aspire to as it is in our "DNA."

This to me sounds like scapegoating. Is Suso the only attacking player in our team that lacks pace? Is he at fault for the others too? Don't care if he's sold (if he's replaced by someone better), but this blaming all our problems in attack on Suso is annoying.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we'll swap Zaza for Bacca permanently and Falcao for Silva temporarily. We'll probably sign Depay and get Callejon to replace Suso if he's sold.

CF: Falcao/Zaza/Cutrone
Wings: Depay/Callejon with Hakan/Conti as backups

That's a significant upgrade for a net spend of just 20m. Obviously I'd prefer to sign a proven goalscorer like Cavani/Immobile if we've got the money.

Unless Higuain/Mandzukic leaves first then there's no room for Morata at Juve right now so I think he's very well in the mix for Milan. Mirabelli supposedly met with Morata in Turin recently is the rumor. It'll be one of Morata or Falcao as the primary option I think. Maybe someone secondary like Zaza if Silva and Kalinic both leave.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Immobile

Depay Hakan Callejon​

That might be the best we can hope for. Potentially 60+ goals in that attack. Jack and Suso would be surplus though.

That forward line is light years ahead of what we've got now and would almost certainly guarantee top 4. Depay and Callejon can both score and assist equally well and with Hakan behind Immobile would get plenty of opportunities.

Immobile 50m
Depay 40m
Callejon 20m

TOTAL 110M

Suso 40m
Kalinic 15m
Silva 30m
Bacca 15m

TOTAL 100m

Bona can sit on the bench where he belongs and cover for Depay whenever he's injured.

If we can snatch a top midfielder with an engine like Radja/Dembele to accompany Kessie in midfield then we'd be very tough to beat.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This to me sounds like scapegoating. Is Suso the only attacking player in our team that lacks pace? Is he at fault for the others too? Don't care if he's sold (if he's replaced by someone better), but this blaming all our problems in attack on Suso is annoying.

You misconstrued my argument. What I am arguing is that we need more pace in squad, not that Suso is to blame for all of our attacking issues. I merely used an example, in this case Suso against Juventus, to demonstrate a point in Italy in which our lack of pace impacted our results.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Unless Higuain/Mandzukic leaves first then there's no room for Morata at Juve right now so I think he's very well in the mix for Milan. Mirabelli supposedly met with Morata in Turin recently is the rumor. It'll be one of Morata or Falcao as the primary option I think. Maybe someone secondary like Zaza if Silva and Kalinic both leave.

I'd be glad to sign Morata but given he's coming off a disappointing season and the price Chelsea paid I think its unlikely we sign him. Also, Higuain was quoted as saying he wants to play in the EPL so I wouldn't rule out a straight swap. They're probably worth the same right now.

I think Mirabelli wants somebody who can guarantee goals and there's nobody better than Ciro who was joint top scorer last season.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
That forward line is light years ahead of what we've got now and would almost certainly guarantee top 4. Depay and Callejon can both score and assist equally well and with Hakan behind Immobile would get plenty of opportunities.

Immobile 50m
Depay 40m
Callejon 20m

TOTAL 110M

Suso 40m
Kalinic 15m
Silva 30m
Bacca 15m

TOTAL 100m

Bona can sit on the bench where he belongs and cover for Depay whenever he's injured.

If we can snatch a top midfielder with an engine like Radja/Dembele to accompany Kessie in midfield then we'd be very tough to beat.

I concur with that :thumbsup:

The attacking balance on the pitch looks good and would reflect well on the balance sheet in regards to ffp.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Saudi Arabia to host Supercoppa

yesss brothers

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
We signed anyone yet?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wonder how many games of his you've seen in the past year.. will be interesting to see what you think about him in a year or so

Verdi another one that turned out to be really good, I imagine hes only gonna improve at a bigger team with better players, just like cristante will

Immobile 50m
Depay 40m
Callejon 20m

TOTAL 110M

Suso 40m
Kalinic 15m
Silva 30m
Bacca 15m

TOTAL 100m

I agree and I like this also, although not with selling Silva. No harm in keeping him for another year or loaning him out.

So you’re thinking 4231? I doubt Depay has the discipline and work rate to track the left wing. It would be our obvious weak point. I’d argue with the same players a 4411 with Depay behind Immobile and Hakan on the left.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lots of people did not want Morata. He doesn't score enough. He also would cost too much for what he is. His season at Chelsea illustrates the exact reason why I wouldn't want him here.

If he could not handle the pressure of England, what the hell is he going to do at Milan? Playing at Juve is easy. Things are going well, they have a great team, and a great management structure, but he still wasn't a prolific scorer.

Milan right now is a toxic situation. Every loss is treated now as a incredible failure, each dropped point sparks long pieces asking whether our players or manager are fit to represent the team, even if the match before people were lauding the team as the Italian team of the future.

We need a striker who is not a gamble. We need goals. Maybe Morata will blossom into a world-class striker? He has potential, he has talent, he sometimes reminds me of Morientes, but I don't want to go through those growing pains. We have Silva and Cutrone for that.

Granted, every transfer is a gamble. Morata is a high priced gamble, which I do not think we can afford--whether that is because of UEFA or because our owners don't have money for him, I just don't want him here.

I'd honestly prefer Immobile to most of those we've been linked with. He is the lowest risk player that we've been linked with, and seems to be cheaper than either Morata or Belotti.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lots of people did not want Morata. He doesn't score enough. He also would cost too much for what he is. His season at Chelsea illustrates the exact reason why I wouldn't want him here.

If he could not handle the pressure of England, what the hell is he going to do at Milan? Playing at Juve is easy. Things are going well, they have a great team, and a great management structure, but he still wasn't a prolific scorer.

Milan right now is a toxic situation. Every loss is treated now as a incredible failure, each dropped point sparks long pieces asking whether our players or manager are fit to represent the team, even if the match before people were lauding the team as the Italian team of the future.

We need a striker who is not a gamble. We need goals. Maybe Morata will blossom into a world-class striker? He has potential, he has talent, he sometimes reminds me of Morientes, but I don't want to go through those growing pains. We have Silva and Cutrone for that with.

Granted, every transfer is a gamble. Morata is a high priced gamble, which I do not think we can afford--whether that is because of UEFA or because our owners don't have money for him, I just don't want him here.

I'd honestly prefer Immobile to most of those we've been linked with. He is the lowest risk player that we've been linked with, and seems to be cheaper than either Morata or Belotti.

Immobile, Morata or Belotti are all big investments. At least 50m+. If they are willing to spend that much then go for the sure thing of the three in Immobile. I wouldn't mind just getting Falcao for way cheaper and getting an extra winger or mid with the transfer funds.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like Lewandowski will end up at Real Madrid at some point this summer. If that happens I would guess Benzema will be looking for a new club. Maybe another option for Milan as well.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Have there been any links to Strootman? Now that Cristante and Coric have joined Roma's midfield is stacked. He'd be the perfect holding midfielder in a 2-man midfield if we're playing 4231 and is Serie A experienced with a 32m release clause. He could be the tall, physically strong midfielder Gattuso's been looking for.

Immobile 50m (current Serie A top scorer)
Callejon 20m (consistently one of the best wingers in Serie A)
Depay 40m (top player in 2 european leagues)
Strootman 32m (one of the top holding midfielders in Serie A)

TOTAL 142M

These are all very realistic targets and would significantly improve our squad quality and chances of top 4 next season.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Sky, Lazio has found an agreement with Laxalt. Lotito will now have to reach an economic agreement with Genoa. Laxalt also interests Milan. There was talk of a possible exchange with Bertolacci. But Lazio is serious and wants to close for Laxalt.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ceballos, Depay, and a #9 would be a great mercato

Wish we could get kovacic instead of ceballos, more experienced and I feel like he would suit our midfield better, and seeing that biglia is more DM than regista I would look for a resgista as well because as much as I love biglia's positioning and stuff some games call for a more forward thinking player in that position

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Have there been any links to Strootman? Now that Cristante and Coric have joined Roma's midfield is stacked. He'd be the perfect holding midfielder in a 2-man midfield if we're playing 4231 and is Serie A experienced with a 32m release clause. He could be the tall, physically strong midfielder Gattuso's been looking for.

Immobile 50m (current Serie A top scorer)
Callejon 20m (consistently one of the best wingers in Serie A)
Depay 40m (top player in 2 european leagues)
Strootman 32m (one of the top holding midfielders in Serie A)

TOTAL 142M

These are all very realistic targets and would significantly improve our squad quality and chances of top 4 next season.

One of Strootman or Nainggolan will be sold. They have too many mids. Both are ideal additions and like you said Strootman doesn't have a huge release clause. Nainggolan shouldn't be more than 40m or so either considering his age. Vidal also seems like he's on his way out at Bayern. Possibly another option.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
---------Immobile

Depay---Hakan---Callejon

---Strootman----Kessie

RR-Romagnoli---Bonucci---Conti

-----------Donnarumma

Bench: Reina, Calabria, Strinic, Zapata, Musacchio, Bona, Biglia, Locatelli, Cutrone and possibly Zaza

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wish we could get kovacic instead of ceballos, more experienced and I feel like he would suit our midfield better, and seeing that biglia is more DM than regista I would look for a resgista as well because as much as I love biglia's positioning and stuff some games call for a more forward thinking player in that position

Ceballos was bought for what 15m? Plus he barely played so he can't be that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.