Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rurarurararu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
GET

THE

FUCK

OUT

YOURE NOT FIT TO COACH A DIVISION 3 TEAM IN SOUTH KOREa MUCH LESS MILAN

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Why is he still here

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Our only hope of scoring any goals is to play basic 442 with inverted wide midfielders and attacking fullbacks......I feel like a stuck record here, but please Rino, back to basics, quick transitions cross the ball to two strikers

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I'm so excited.

You and me both.

So im not the only one whos super hyped for Gattuso:D

24232581_1125629357574707_7869675243011839115_n.jpg

#NewEra

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
:thumbsup:

unlucky, but will get better

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Still undefeated

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Our only hope of scoring any goals is to play basic 442 with inverted wide midfielders and attacking fullbacks......I feel like a stuck record here, but please Rino, back to basics, quick transitions cross the ball to two strikers
Yeah that's what I'm saying. For a team with a squad consisting of players very comfortable with the ball, like Biglia, Kessie, Bona, Monto, Bona, Hakan, Loca... we should at least be able to control the game against smaller teams.

Need to pack the midfield like Spain... And get Silva to explode somewhere in the final third...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-4-2 is a bit weak in the center wit only 2CMs and we don´t really have a good SS, Silva is the closest but his decision making and overplaying is a real problem. Hakan might be an option too but he has failed to show much .

It does not matter which system we try to fit our players into, in the end there is always at least one really problematic position.

4-3-1-2 looks nice on paper too with Kessie and Bona in the lateral CM spots and Suso as TQ, ... if only Suso could play TQ in real life.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
4-4-2 is a bit weak in the center wit only 2CMs and we don´t really have a good SS, Silva is the closest but his decision making and overplaying is a real problem. Hakan might be an option too but he has failed to show much .

It does not matter which system we try to fit our players into, in the end there is always at least one really problematic position.

4-3-1-2 looks nice on paper too with Kessie and Bona in the lateral CM spots and Suso as TQ, ... if only Suso could play TQ in real life.

I agree that in general a basic 442 would be weak in the centre of midfield....but I am talking a system more along the lines of Pellegrini's Manchester City and Villarreal teams, where the wide players are more like attacking mids who don't just stay wide. Suso and Jack aren't traditional wingers and will both come narrow.

In fact the proposed mid 4 of:
----- Suso---- Kessie---- Monto------Borini/Bona

will have movement similar to today's game in terms of positioning, except there will be one striker more and one centerback less, helping to connect play in the final third.

I think Silva can play the SS role, and even if he can't then playing Kalinic and Cutrone to just drop and play simple should be fine, as long as one of the wide midfielders comes in off the flank to play between the lines in buildup.

I think the 442 is the best of a bunch of bad options to get the attack at least semi functional

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Guys let's give him time. He is a proven coach with a world class track record, one game won't change that.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone can 100% guarantee that Montella would have won against Benevento?
Yes or No?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
People still talking formations...

elnb.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d like to see the post match locker room debate

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People still talking formations...

Yes, because every player on earth knows how to play a 442.
But no Milan player knows how to play any of the formations we are using this season.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
While trying to get Danilo Cataldi, Fiorentina management, according to local news, have targeted Italian Under-21 international midfielder Manuel Locatelli (19), and are planning to try signing him during next winter window. Currently on a deal with AC Milan until June 2020, his staying put or going will be also up to new boss Gennaro Gattuso's decision.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
A Locatelli sale would probably end up with us regretting the decision more than even the Aubameyang sale.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A Locatelli sale would probably end up with us regretting the decision more than even the Aubameyang sale.

Definitely, selling a 19yo (!) CDM who is already able to perform in one of the most demanding leagues for young players and defensive players is just beyond stupid.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Who would replace him?

Any other coach out there who has previously finished in the top 6. There's plenty of care takers available.

Proper ones, not shite ones that can do even worse than the coach we just sacked.

Schedule