• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Pickings are slim right now and any manager now without a transfer market seems like a stop gap. Wasting money on the Gobbi pig probably won't drive us forward with such a flawed and thin squad.

Need to get a coach on board that starts next season but prepares the market in April/May. Keep Gattuso or get someone like Ranieri as a fireman for the year. Maybe reach out to that Hoffenheim Bundesfodder coach if they have another good season, idk.

I thought about Nagelsmann as well but I think he has committed to Leipzig for next season. Strange that Bayern chose Kovac over him. The press were reporting for quite a long time that Nagelsmann was destined for Bayern.

What about a throwback to Barca with Rijkaard and as an assistant Henk Ten Cate or someone like Ten Cate.

I know Rijkaard is retired and out of the loop for quite a bit. He also hasn't had a great career post-Barca. But he has charisma, is a champion and will be able to command respect from the players and motivate them. Best of all he is a Milan legend.

It's unlikely, but would be nice if he was tried until the end of the season. Better than Donadoni who I do respect as a Milan legend during his playing career but isn't better than Gattuso as a coach.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
because it's Man Utd, no coach would reject them.

I know you are probably being facetious but I recall Pep turned them down. Likely because his mate Txiki is the Director of Football at Man. City, but still.

Man Utd have fallen a bit like Milan in terms of stature except that they have much more cash, EPL prestige and significantly less CL trophies. They remind me of Moratti's Inter. Lots of expensive highly paid players but not very cohesive.

Interesting rumour is that Zidane may be going to Juventus as a director now that they have forced Moratta out. If true, I guess he is just biding his time before replacing Allegri as soon as they fail to win CL again this year.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we indeed sack Gattuso, we should look for an experienced coach who have proven able to get the best from his squad despite all the barriers. We have a young squad and our biggest problem is a weak mentality from our players. We need a coach who could boost their confidence and the way of thinking about the game. Someone has already explained how we have been playing. Our game was not bad in 90 minutes, we 'only' could not focus on the game for the whole 90 minutes. We let the 3 points dissapear by braking our beautiful play by letting the opponent starting to gain confidence and have their own game.

Gattuso should find extremely hard to get the potential of his team. He was a champion as a player but lacks of experience as coach. Hopefully he could find a way to get the optimum performance from our players although right now I am not that convinced he could.

Nostradamus

The Predictor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rummenigge, Maradona, Scholl, Lizarazu, Lahm
I thought about Nagelsmann as well but I think he has committed to Leipzig for next season. Strange that Bayern chose Kovac over him. The press were reporting for quite a long time that Nagelsmann was destined for Bayern.
Hopp made it very clear from the beginning, that Nagelsmann wont be allowed to leave this summer, thats why Leipzig have to wait for a season to get him.

He is still destined to go to Bayern, but after his Leipzig project in maybe 3 or 4 years.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hopp made it very clear from the beginning, that Nagelsmann wont be allowed to leave this summer, thats why Leipzig have to wait for a season to get him.

He is still destined to go to Bayern, but after his Leipzig project in maybe 3 or 4 years.

Ah, so that's the story.

He's interesting Nagelsmann, comes across as very intelligent.

Has already moved to Leipzig in his mind it seems though, looking at the 1-2 result last night.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Simeone' contract is due in 2020. That is the transfer we need to make happen ASAP.

Buy out his contract, and watch us win games. We have the squad now for CL qualification, we need the coach.

Sticking with a bad coach like Gattuso will lead to this team getting disbanded in the summer. Higuain will surely leave, and we are going to be hard pressed to attract any quality.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
thats a gamble.. fireman without a plan on next coach. I'm fine with Donadoni till next year, but who's gonna coach us? Conte is the only name around, we gotta accept it. I dont believe it will last for more than 3 years though. As I said, he doesnt suit the club long term.

I'm thinking more of it as a caretaker until we find the correct guy(ideally by December/January) that can then plan ahead for his vision for the next season. My main issue with getting the correct candidate to start now is that he's missing a summer market and the season already started. Might be doomed to fail and a economic waste. Hiring someone for next year might also open us to more candidates.

I don't care about character but results.

Conte is by far the best available.

That's a foolproof way to get the wrong candidate :lol:

Not caring about character is foolish. It's important for a manager to be capable but also have the correct personality traits. A Jubentino shit doesn't fit the criteria.

It means he wanted Costacurta next. He has "respectable personality" :lol:

Reading my post might've actually helped you see that this is not what I want next but I didn't expect more from a brainlet tbh.

What about a throwback to Barca with Rijkaard and as an assistant Henk Ten Cate or someone like Ten Cate.

I know Rijkaard is retired and out of the loop for quite a bit. He also hasn't had a great career post-Barca. But he has charisma, is a champion and will be able to command respect from the players and motivate them. Best of all he is a Milan legend.

It's unlikely, but would be nice if he was tried until the end of the season. Better than Donadoni who I do respect as a Milan legend during his playing career but isn't better than Gattuso as a coach.

Ah right, totally forgot about his Leipzig commitment. But he's the type of candidate I'm looking at. Klopp characteristics would be right but I doubt there is any club in the world that could make him move away from Lpool right now.

All I want is a coach that wants to play dynamic attacking football with non antiquated formations that doesn't have big ties to one of the most despicable clubs in football history. Once we find that right candidate, I want to give him the right chance - being able to prepare ahead of time and start the season properly. If we change our coach again, let's do it right is all I'm saying. Fuck Conte.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our Cms are too shit for attackive klopp like football, we have to accept it. Conte is a shitbag but he would get us organised. In fact if he plays with wingbacks it will suit calabria and laxalt very well

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

delusion is real :lol: Coached the NT lost to spain on penalties in play off. Saved Bologna from relegation when the season was halved and ended midtable. Made Parma challenge EL spots and play quality football. Had a shitty Livorno at 9th , being a true threat to top clubs and having the top scorer on his team. He left Livorno cause of arguments with the ownership when the team was 6th(!!!). He was never tried at a top club.

What has Gattuso done? Failed in all clubs - big, small, no matter. Its understandable that after so many years RnB fans forgot the difference between legend card abusing coaches and respected coaches with experience, but this is too much :D

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
It’s becoming more likely that Antonio Conte takes over as Milan coach next season [Corriere della Sera]

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Coach or no, we need good players not these self proclamed Milan players.

Suso, Biglia, Hakan, RR, Mussa...all mediocre shit. All first 11 players.

Kessie is young ok but is not showing it...

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Coach or no, we need good players not these self proclamed Milan players.

Suso, Biglia, Hakan, RR, Mussa...all mediocre shit. All first 11 players.

Kessie is young ok but is not showing it...

mediocre shit

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ah right, totally forgot about his Leipzig commitment. But he's the type of candidate I'm looking at. Klopp characteristics would be right but I doubt there is any club in the world that could make him move away from Lpool right now.

All I want is a coach that wants to play dynamic attacking football with non antiquated formations that doesn't have big ties to one of the most despicable clubs in football history. Once we find that right candidate, I want to give him the right chance - being able to prepare ahead of time and start the season properly. If we change our coach again, let's do it right is all I'm saying. Fuck Conte.

:thumbsup:
I admire your conviction. I feel the same way down to wishing we could get someone like Klopp. But seeing the same thing every game is wearing me down. Hope Rino will pull through. If not hope we get someone that fits your description.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I’d like 1987 Sacchi

While we are at it, get 1987 B&G and watch them get Kante, Ousmane Dembele and Mbappe without breaking a sweat.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
:thumbsup:
I admire your conviction. I feel the same way down to wishing we could get someone like Klopp. But seeing the same thing every game is wearing me down. Hope Rino will pull through. If not hope we get someone that fits your description.

Yeah, I know these recent results on top of the recent years are tough, very painful. Especially because there are sparks here and there, very good aspects that always end up undone by our own incompetence.

Picking the right personnel is tough but if we want the right coach, we simply cannot ignore aspects besides their tactical skill if we want a longterm solution. It's hard to ask for more patience at this point but it seems that it unfortunately will be necessary.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, I know these recent results on top of the recent years are tough, very painful. Especially because there are sparks here and there, very good aspects that always end up undone by our own incompetence.

Picking the right personnel is tough but if we want the right coach, we simply cannot ignore aspects besides their tactical skill if we want a longterm solution. It's hard to ask for more patience at this point but it seems that it unfortunately will be necessary.

:star: This.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back here.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Looks like we got the perfect candidate to replace Rino who is a Milan legend that I never knew about.

CM
Rumours are starting to fly that Gennaro Gattuso’s position as head coach could be under threat, with Milan Women head coach Carolina Morace commenting on the suggestions: “I instead of Gattuso? No, Milan is fine with Rino and I’m fine where I am.”

Morace, now 54, had a playing career with the likes of Lazio and Milan, as well as playing 150 times and scoring 105 goals for the Italian national team. She currently coaches Milan Women and, back in 1999, became the first female coach to manage a professional men’s team when she took over at Viterbese; before moving on to become head coach of the Italian Women’s National Team.

“We often meet with Rino, we are going to compare and next week I will follow his training.

“If they are not the male failures, they are welcome to come to womens football. If the likes of Mourinho, Gattuso or Conte come it is fine, coaching women is not easy, if you have the name but not the expertise the women massacre you immediately.”

The things they do to fill the newspapers these days.:lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunate, but grinta isn't enough to secure top 4. We need someone who can take this solid squad to the next level instead of us trying to grind out results.

We know we can score goals and play nice football, but we also concede just as much and at times this season just implode. Napoli, Atalanta, Cagliari, and Empoli were all winnable games, 3 of which we gave up leads/should've been ahead more goals to not be in that position.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Piatek scores again. We need to take him before Juventus or Inter takes him.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
WC! Now he only needs to score a goal in UCL and he'll become a god! And then fail to score in 6 games :D

He already has the same number of goals (8) in 5 and a half games as Alvaro Morata's Serie A best scoring season in 29 games.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
He already has the same number of goals (8) in 5 and a half games as Alvaro Morata's Serie A best scoring season in 29 games.

he needs one goal in UCL against Tottenham to prove he belongs with the gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule