Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Milan: 112.747 km
Lazio: 105.681 km

2vdfbdv.jpg

:thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Who would've thought we would play such an attacking and entertaining football under him? First half was amazing. In the second he should've prepared better subs and earlier. I feel there was a need for Locatelli with fresh legs to keep the momentum...

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
Who would've thought we would play such an attacking and entertaining football under him? First half was amazing. In the second he should've prepared better subs and earlier. I feel there was a need for Locatelli with fresh legs to keep the momentum...
Grande Rino :proud::star:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Former AC Milan striker Daniele Massaro has praised Rino Gattuso for turning the team's fortunes around.

Milan defeated Lazio on Sunday as Gattuso's impact continues to be felt.

"He is on track to get them out of the crisis," said Massaro.

"The team has found a good physical condition and is also growing from a technical point of view. Several players have rediscovered that personality that fades when the results do not come."

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:star::star::star:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Unbeaten January :thumbsup: :star:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What a crazy month this is gonna be. I'm glad he improved our fitness, coz otherwise they would die out there.

27459785_10155143615056937_6518240273782710778_n.png

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It's 90% on him. Big chance wasted :(

Would've lost with Floptella tho

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure this was his fault. If calabria didnt get sent off we would have won 1-0 against a very solid form team.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I got it 100% on the imbeciles who put him in charge. Gatusso is trying his best, its just that his best isn't enough.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He is doing surprisingly well tbh

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not sure this was his fault. If calabria didnt get sent off we would have won 1-0 against a very solid form team.

nah....Calabria 100%

1. For playing Andre Silva
2. We were getting a lot of heat before that.
3. Waited too long with the subs and Kali was not a good one for 20 more minutes, when you have an in-form, explosive Cutrone ready.

Suso's goal was a lucky and undeserved one, by the way we played.

I got it 100% on the imbeciles who put him in charge. Gatusso is trying his best, its just that his best isn't enough.

:fp:

giphy.webp

At this point, even if we could get someone like Conte, I would still vote to keep Gattuso, if he keeps the current form. He's a club legend, for fuck's sake. If there is a chance he can become a good/great coach, we should help him do that here. Not much of Milan DNA left here anyway.

p.s. still don't get why he played Silva in such a crucial game, against one of the most in-form teams in the league

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
3. Waited too long with the subs and Kali was not a good one for 20 more minutes, when you have an in-form, explosive Cutrone ready.

giphy.webp

At this point, even if we could get someone like Conte, I would still vote to keep Gattuso, if he keeps the current form. He's a club legend, for fuck's sake. If there is a chance he can become a good/great coach, we should help him do that here. Not much of Milan DNA left here anyway.

p.s. still don't get why he played Silva in such a crucial game, against one of the most in-form teams in the league

Kalinic over Cutrone makes sense when you are down to 10 men and need someone to hold the ball up and take pressure off the defence. Cutrone for his goalscoring ability in the box is not a good striker to take pressure off the defence and hold it up.

Yes you can argue that Kalinic hasn't done that very well consistently all season, but at least he has that skill set in his arsenal....Cutrone does not

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

giphy.webp

Its really not the best idea to use words you can't understand.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

The players best isn’t good enough.

Gattuso is already getting a lot out of them...some of our positions are really weak and desperately need improvement.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso is doing an amazing job.
If he was doing any better than he does right now, we would be closing in on CL and you could safely call him the best coach in the world.

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
He is doing amazing with the chaotic team he inherited. :star:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
He's doing way better than I thought he would and right now I would hesitate to trade him for anyone.

The way he made this team actually look like a team in such a short time span is really impressive. There's nothing to envy from our opponents right now.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good job Rino.

I dont mind losing CL spot but having grittiness when playing a good football rather than ugly boring af gameplay ala Mourinho.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
anyone still doubting him? :love:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
anyone still doubting him? :love:

Yeah me, despite the result we played like shit for most of the game. While big teams have the occasional shit game and still come on top, we haven't been playing like a big team in any of the last few matches.

The biggest factor is that whenever we score a goal, we instantly turtle up. We defended with 10 man after we scored a goal in the firsts 3 minutes.

Then there's the fact that we still don't have any fluidity to our attacks. Whenever we string more than two passes together, the third one is usually backwards.

So yeah, in short there's still plenty of reason to doubt that he can lead us back to CL places, which is the minimal requirement for a "big team".

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He reminds me of Conte 's first season with Juve. That Juve team was nothing extraordinary, but Conte instilled the belief and toughness to win matches. Rino imo is doing the same.