Possible replacements IF Carlo left

Who should replace Carlo Ancelotti as Milan coach if he leaves?

• Total voters

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fantastic!!! So now Del Nerri and Trappattoni are your choices!! Fine with me...In your zealous crusade to get rid off Carlo you are trying to get just about anyone who is availible or seems to be.

For the most sound choices: MVB didn't prove anything yet, just to give him reighs of one of the most recognizable teams in the world would be unreal, and even downright unfair to him.
Rijkard is ride to success was on the dead bodies of two main rivals: Real and Valencia. I won't take it from him but having Ronaldinho and Eto'o in their current form certainly helps, Milan can't show the same caliber players at the moment.

If we consider every possible choices to replace Carlo, Wenger is a better choice, but to get him goes to the same level of difficultie as to get FR.

Paul Le Guen did an excellent job in Lyon, created very impressive team - but his success was mainly domestic, which means no Europian experience. And this is not good, since Milan always targets CL title.

Donadoni - I have to tell I don't know nothing about his coaching career, but evidently he was very astute student of Sacchi school, because he was able to teach his defence to actually defend and as a result much better position then Treviso and Ascoli counterparts. But lack of experience in the top flight (places were teams like Milan live) may create the block that may impede his and team's progress.

What I am trying to say is that by simply sending Carlo away Milan's problem wouldn't be so easily solved.
The problem is much deeper, which implies that with current personel nobody going to win anything.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
YUGOSLAV said:
Oh, Crappattoni u mean ?
2 words: ' Hell no '
Not even a considiration!
newyorker said:
Fantastic!!! So now Del Nerri and Trappattoni are your choices!! Fine with me...In your zealous crusade to get rid off Carlo you are trying to get just about anyone who is availible or seems to be.
Ur both talking about Trappatoni like he is a looser.
The guy won titles in his career more than years in ur lifes.
I would gladly trust Milan in his hands.

newyorker said:

For the most sound choices: MVB didn't prove anything yet, just to give him reighs of one of the most recognizable teams in the world would be unreal, and even downright unfair to him.
Rijkard is ride to success was on the dead bodies of two main rivals: Real and Valencia. I won't take it from him but having Ronaldinho and Eto'o in their current form certainly helps, Milan can't show the same caliber players at the moment.

If we consider every possible choices to replace Carlo, Wenger is a better choice, but to get him goes to the same level of difficultie as to get FR.

Paul Le Guen did an excellent job in Lyon, created very impressive team - but his success was mainly domestic, which means no Europian experience. And this is not good, since Milan always targets CL title.

Donadoni - I have to tell I don't know nothing about his coaching career, but evidently he was very astute student of Sacchi school, because he was able to teach his defence to actually defend and as a result much better position then Treviso and Ascoli counterparts. But lack of experience in the top flight (places were teams like Milan live) may create the block that may impede his and team's progress.
DellNery ?
I don’t know if he will make it or not in Milan.
But I know we wont go anywhere with COWARD.
So I prefer having 20% chance of success with Del than having 100% chance of crap with COWARD.
Simple math my friend.

Well sometime with coaches u need 2 take a gamble on young coaches.
Same as with players.
MVB has made on the international level & that’s is more difficult than doing it with a club.
I would also try Paul or Frank.

newyorker said:
What I am trying to say is that by simply sending Carlo away Milan's problem wouldn't be so easily solved.
The problem is much deeper, which implies that with current personel nobody going to win anything.
I disagree with u.
Managers have more effects on teams than players.
A great manager can give u tittles with a mediocre squad while its rarely true when it’s the opposite way.

Changing the manager in Milan wont solve the hole problem.
We have a problem with players + with management.
But it will solve the biggest part of our problem.

Last edited:

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I disagree with u.
Managers have more effects on teams than players.
A great manager can give u tittles with a mediocre squad while its rarely true when it’s the opposite way.
Completely untrue.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you say, newyorker (have you checked out the place in my sig yet ? We love level-headed posters ;) ), but I'd still like to see another coach take over @ the end of the season.

Carlo has played all his cards + evidently hasn't managed to overcome Milan's biggest deficit: their tactical limitations. Whether that is due to his own limitations or the players (at least some of them) lacking the intellectual capacity to execute the more intricate gameplans + concepts on the pitch none of us here has the privilege to know.

Furthermore, I would like to see s.o. who
-- asserts himself more in the day-to-day business of the club
-- demands input into Milan's transfer politics (i.e. doesn't silently watch Galliani dragging in more + more washed up or mediocre players)
-- stands his ground against B.
-- is not scared shitless of radical changes, incl. taking some players off their pedestal + sending them where they belonged 2 years ago: into retirement
-- is not the players best friend + always willing to make excuses but a supervisor who demands accountability.

Van Basten is all that. Rijkaard is all that. Mourinho is all that + then some. My #4 choice is Prandelli, just because I love this guy + I have a feeling he can create sth from scratch + with very young players :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ahm... whoever suggested Trapattoni... GET REAL. The guy is 67 + should lead by example + retire :o

Del Neri is a MEDIOCRE coach, not Milan material at all.

Le Guen would be worth the risk IMO, he built a very classy team @ Lyon.

I think Donadoni most likely already has a contract on his table. The circumstances around his resignment smelled just a tad too fishy. If so, we'd be stuck again with s.o. from the old boys network who will favor his buddies + aim to please B. (you could accuse the Dutchmen of being same, but IMO the Dutch are too obstinate to be ass-kissing suckups or get too entangled ;) )

Last edited:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Passion for *9* said:
Ahm... whoever suggested Trapattoni... GET REAL. The guy is 67 + should lead by example + retire :o

Le Guen would be worth the risk IMO, he built a very classy team @ Lyon.
Get Trapattoni and then we have the "youngest" team and the "youngest" coach. What a perfect match.:tongue:

Yeah, Lyon is a good team, and I think they can prove themselves this year also at european level. I don't not Le Guen's characteristics. I don't want puppets as managers.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r3dman said:
Get Trapattoni and then we have the "youngest" team and the "youngest" coach. What a perfect match.:tongue:
Oh man, r3dman, you're giving me (business/marketing) ideas !!! :D

Seniors are, despite being the most affluent age segment, a very neglected target group.... Think incontinence products with the Milan label on them + Trap starring in the commercial (+ he LOVES doing commercials :cool: ).... the visual of him with his ass wrapped in... just WILD !!!! :D I say let's go for it ! :tongue:

Trap's mah man :devilfuc:

j/k ;)

Last edited:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:

Del Neri is a MEDIOCRE coach, not Milan material at all.
Its ok U can name me , am not a sensitive guy. :tongue:

Sometime I get desperate with COWARD leaving & I get a bit carried away.
I still think Trap would do us better than the 1 we got.
But he aint my first choice neither than DelNeri.

But would I take em 2 continue the season ?
Yes I would.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Thats exactly the problem - you just want ot get rid of Carlo, no matter what. Are you assuming that psycological impact will give Milan players a boost that will be carried over the rest of the season? Unreal. This is very Middle Eastern solution, unfortunately Milan players are not some local village heroes, but very experienced international players who can't be easily swayed by this changes.

Passion, you have an excellent points, but standing ground against B is a sure path to quick retiremnt. Thats the problem - Milan's coach is always in a spotlight of B's attention. May VB and FR know that and are not in hurry to run over here.
Donadoni came from the same school as Carlo did, so you have to realize that this might be a cosmetic change only.

Mourihno had never faced a crisis during his stint in Chelsea, and I would like to see how they will come back after loosing 3:0 to Borough.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
newyorker said:
This is very Middle Eastern solution
Middle eastern solution ?
Well I bet u prefer the US solution in dropping a nuclear bomb & win the game on the ruined stadium with the other team + his supporters will all b dead.

Maybe u should think b4 u write. :head:

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Is that true, or you just inventing new history? :conf: Nuclear bombs??? :eek: Your imagination is even worse that your football understanding, lolz.

By Middle Eastern country who like to use your preferred solution I meant Israel, even though you may not include it in your new Middle Eastern Order. The only country worth mentioning in regard to any football in ME right now.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
newyorker said:
Is that true, or you just inventing new history? :conf: Nuclear bombs??? :eek: Your imagination is even worse that your football understanding, lolz.

By Middle Eastern country who like to use your preferred solution I meant Israel, even though you may not include it in your new Middle Eastern Order. The only country worth mentioning in regard to any football in ME right now.
Who said I was talking about Fottball ? :D
Anyway , next time name it Israel rather than saying middle eastern.

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
I think this is AC MILAN Forums... Football talk no the dirty politics one,,,,, Please guys come on....

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I agree with most of what you say, newyorker (have you checked out the place in my sig yet ? We love level-headed posters ;) ), but I'd still like to see another coach take over @ the end of the season.

Carlo has played all his cards + evidently hasn't managed to overcome Milan's biggest deficit: their tactical limitations. Whether that is due to his own limitations or the players (at least some of them) lacking the intellectual capacity to execute the more intricate gameplans + concepts on the pitch none of us here has the privilege to know.

Furthermore, I would like to see s.o. who
-- asserts himself more in the day-to-day business of the club
-- demands input into Milan's transfer politics (i.e. doesn't silently watch Galliani dragging in more + more washed up or mediocre players)
-- stands his ground against B.
-- is not scared shitless of radical changes, incl. taking some players off their pedestal + sending them where they belonged 2 years ago: into retirement
-- is not the players best friend + always willing to make excuses but a supervisor who demands accountability.

Van Basten is all that. Rijkaard is all that. Mourinho is all that + then some. My #4 choice is Prandelli, just because I love this guy + I have a feeling he can create sth from scratch + with very young players :D

Though it's fine that Donadoni is likely the next coach ,I think Ottmar Hitzfeld and Vincent Del Bosque fit the majority of what you think is needed
Passion for *9* We know they are both very successful in there native competeion,but also have great success in CL competition as well.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Trap to Milan? :rolleyes: You got to be kidding me...Then we will totaly be f**ked up......If he was any good Studgart would have kept him....His time has passed people....He just doesnt have it anymore....I just pray this is one of those silly rumors....

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Naraku said:
Though it's fine that Donadoni is likely the next coach ,I think Ottmar Hitzfeld and Vincent Del Bosque fit the majority of what you think is needed
Passion for *9* We know they are both very successful in there native competeion,but also have great success in CL competition as well.
Since you mentioned Del Bosque I may finally blow up the "DelBosqueGood For Real Myth." DB inherited team of the highest potential, with then real Galacticos who were not just on top of their form, they also displayed such level of football maturity, so DB's job was simply to sit and enjoy the show. And if someone have any doubt I suggest to check the CL final: Real VS Leverkuzen. In terms of team play Germans were 2 steps above Real, but unfortunately for them Real were 5 times over in raw talent. Real didn't play any sound tactic, DB gave the game flow through the likes of Zidane, Figo, Raul, Roberto Carlos and the rest and they delivered.
So to suggest DB as a trainer for Milan in very tactic and hard Seria A is not a sound choice.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wild said:
I will take Trap instead COWARD anytime.
You know, IMO you overusing this word, especially in CAPS. I would like to see an explanation, otherwise it proves nothing.

BTW Trappatoni is not coming, thanks God.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
newyorker said:
You know, IMO you overusing this word, especially in CAPS. I would like to see an explanation, otherwise it proves nothing.

BTW Trappatoni is not coming, thanks God.

Wild thinks Ancelotti is a coward because he never plays the second lines(Marzoratti,Ardemagni,Jankulowski,etc).
I totally disagree with him.These are no matches to make experiments... :head:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Wild said:
I will take Trap instead COWARD anytime.

:o !! Dude i think you are taking your anger and frustration to far. Trap was a great player but has lost his touch in recent years as a manager and has been fired by his last 2-3 clubs. I wouldnt mind him as a youth team coach or something like that. As a manager at this moment and time..trap is crap :D

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
:o !! Dude i think you are taking your anger and frustration to far. Trap was a great player but has lost his touch in recent years as a manager and has been fired by his last 2-3 clubs. I wouldnt mind him as a youth team coach or something like that. As a manager at this moment and time..trap is crap :D
I am just desperate 2 see him out. :cry:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pupone#20 said:
Wild thinks Ancelotti is a coward because he never plays the second lines(Marzoratti,Ardemagni,Jankulowski,etc).
Also add not standing 4 G&B.

Janku is a second line player ? :D

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No he is not, but his injuries make him be second choice. Its not his fault, he is just unlucky.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Pupone#20 said:

Hmm it's not an experiment, it's a must for every team.
Especially for us, the 'young' team : )
Why do you think we lost scudetto in last couple of matches to Juve
that year ?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pupone#20 said:
Well, we DID have matches like those, but then Palermo came along. :) :rolleyes:

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Only Palermo?? What about Lazio two years ago??
No one wants to learn it hard way, meaning putting unexpierenced and second string (read bench warmers) onto the field and getting smashed in the face. Carlo did it quite a few times and obviously didn't like it. Is he a coward by not pursuing Wild's wildest dreams? Nope, he is realist who works in very trophy oriented team, where the results are preceeding everything else. When this philosophy will come to an end, then we will be expected to grow our own crops and not buy tham from outside.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
newyorker said:
Only Palermo?? What about Lazio two years ago??
No one wants to learn it hard way, meaning putting unexpierenced and second string (read bench warmers) onto the field and getting smashed in the face. Carlo did it quite a few times and obviously didn't like it. Is he a coward by not pursuing Wild's wildest dreams? Nope, he is realist who works in very trophy oriented team, where the results are preceeding everything else. When this philosophy will come to an end, then we will be expected to grow our own crops and not buy tham from outside.
I was referring to the Coppa Italia matches (in which we primarily play second-stringers) this season before we were eliminated by Palermo.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lazio was also Coppa Italia, with Abbiatti making nice pass to Fiore

Schedule