Week 12: Juventus vs Milan 10/11/19 20:45 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This season is so inexplicable that maybe we win convincingly vs the best team in the league.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
3421. I guess the experiment with asymmetry is out the window after the two extremely avoidable goals against Lazio. Theo will have an easier time knowing Rodriguez is always behind him, and same with Conti with Duarte. It just means obviously we have one less man in midfield, so i'm expecting Paqueta and Hakan to drop pretty deep, maybe even ending up a flat 541 when defending.

It's simpler than what we've been trying and we'll have to sacrifice Paqueta once Suso is back. My guess is it will be Kessie on the right again and Bennacer on the left, since there's no special need to protect Theo anymore.

Could be interesting to play two up front with this with Leao + Piatek and Hakan behind them, since we don't need the attackers for width anymore.

Since we're man marking now also this will feel a lot like an Atalanta side. Good for Kessie, Conti and eventually Caldara I guess.

Still staunchly behind Kessie I see :D

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I like the idea of keeping RR to stay behind Theo :thumbsup:
I'm not sure why Conti is facing Juventus at this time
Sarri might stick CR7 out left just for teh lulz :lol:

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
“see those two serie B players, Cristiano? attack!!!!” - sarri on our right hand defense

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
We already know what's going to happen in the match. Should I watch or rather do something better?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now is the time for a reactive, defensive team like the one against SPAL. It will still be ugly, but we won't be 4 goals down at HT at least.

The lineup Pioli is working on in the view of the Juventus game:
Donnarumma; Duarte, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Conti, Bennacer, Biglia/Kessie, Theo Hernandez; Paqueta, Calhanoglu; Piatek.

That seems safe enough....except Conti.
Leave him far away from the pitch. Calabria is still a much better choice.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
That seems safe enough....except Conti.
Leave him far away from the pitch. Calabria is still a much better choice.

If Conti starts then it means that Pioli doesn’t have a favorite for the Rb position(as both aren’t good enough to lift us to a higher level), rotates what we have now and buy a new one in January.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still staunchly behind Kessie I see :D

Always. Although Krunic did really well on the ball and much better than Kessie did all season, he did leave Theo exposed and you could argue that was partly a reason why we conceded those goals. Kessie would have provided more balance maybe.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Suso has recovered from injury and will play from the start against Juventus

Groundhog day for him on Sunday.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
So, we will forget all these stories about 3421 just because Suzu is back? Fuck him. :o

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Our RBs are so bad that I would not hate using Borini at RWB if we use a 3 man backline

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Suso Piatek Hakan front 3 :proud: Making Juve piss their pants

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our RBs are so bad that I would not hate using Borini at RWB if we use a 3 man backline

Is Borini supposed to be a brave, attack-minded choice?
Samu was the RWB against SPAL when Pioli opted for an actual CB(Duarte) for the RCB/RB role, but even that turned out to be too defensive.

The fullbacks shouldn't be considered for that role. Not even away to Juve.
Conti shouldn't be considered for any role on the pitch at all.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The lineup makes no difference to the result im afraid. Might as well continue with Bennacer, Krunic and Duarte to get them more experience and hope for the best. The 3-4-2-1 is nothing new, that’s what we’ve been playing most of the time with Pioli.

Ricardo Rodriguez is in absolute terms a better defender than Musacchio, so that change is ok as well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Always. Although Krunic did really well on the ball and much better than Kessie did all season, he did leave Theo exposed and you could argue that was partly a reason why we conceded those goals. Kessie would have provided more balance maybe.

Kessie’s mistakes have led to us conceding as many goals this season as anyone else’s barring possibly Conti. He’s an even bigger liability than I thought he’d be at the start of the season. So no thanks.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We already know what's going to happen in the match. Should I watch or rather do something better?

We are red n black. We win together. We suffer together. You shall watch the game.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The lineup makes no difference to the result im afraid. Might as well continue with Bennacer, Krunic and Duarte to get them more experience and hope for the best. The 3-4-2-1 is nothing new, that’s what we’ve been playing most of the time with Pioli.

The team could get a psychologically important draw with some luck with a balanced or defensive lineup - or at least a narrow loss that doesn't kill all hope.

This however is just begging for a record breaking, traumatizing loss.

EI1Ro4QXUAAptgV.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Balottaggi Ladri: Pjanic-Bentancur, Ramsey-Khedira-Rabiot, Higuain-Dybala
Indisponibili Ladri: Chiellini

Balottaggi Milan: Kessie-Krunic
Indisponibili Milan: Noodle

ffs :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The team could get a psychologically important draw with some luck with a balanced or defensive lineup - or at least a narrow loss that doesn't kill all hope.

This however is just begging for a record breaking, traumatizing loss.

EI1Ro4QXUAAptgV.jpg

Juve substitutions have too much energy and flair for us to hold out for 90 minutes without conceding I think. Yeah that lineup is laughable.

The thought of Bennacer awkwardly trying to block Dybala is making me sick.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We are red n black. We win together. We suffer together. You shall watch the game.

You are I don't agree on everything but I respect your spirit kid.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Midfield looks decent. Still cant believe Leao isnt a starter tho.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll play a 541 this game, with Rodriguez helping out Theo on the left. Probably a midfield of Hakan-Kessie-Bennacer-Suso, with Leao up front running after long balls.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At this point i just watch milan games for the laughs.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I have a feeling we'll play a 541 this game, with Rodriguez helping out Theo on the left. Probably a midfield of Hakan-Kessie-Bennacer-Suso, with Leao up front running after long balls.

I would take that over that gungho projected lineup posted before with a Krunic , Bennacer Paqueta 'midfield' any day.

Krunic and Paqueta are Nocerino's and Bennacer while being better defensively than them is not an anchor and is overly aggressive.

PLEASE play double pivot midfield systems Pioli....PLEASEEEEE

Schedule