Josep "Pep" Guardiola

milancuore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pressure for what..berlusconi knows he cant coach for shit!...I for one think its possible...OH yeah thanks for someone thats listening to me..finally a pep guardiola thread!!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pressure for what..berlusconi knows he cant coach for shit!...I for one think its possible...OH yeah thanks for someone thats listening to me..finally a pep guardiola thread!!

I think saying "he cant coach for shit" is a bit too much although I share your frustrations towards Allegri.

I just dont see Berlusconi splashing in the market (which we will NEED to do in order to convince Pep, the first thing is to show we have ambition). Especially after their whole deal on being financially responsible and adjusting to the tougher times and all that shit...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
for van basten we had 7-8 other WC players and at barca the same

Ratzaroony

Kaka Fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Sheva, Antonini, Nesta, Ibra, Oddo, Donnarumma
No idea how this will turn out, but it looks like it's going to happen. I'm cautiously optimistic. If he's given funds, he could completely turn the team around. Time will tell. He'll have my full support if he does arrive.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
if we are gonna get a manager that would want and expect milan to spend 80m+ on new players what was the point of selling ibra + silva? if we kept them, added de jong and monty and maybe one more good player we would be up there as challengers for the CL.

if only they gave allegri a fair shot by spending the ibra + silva money then we wouldn't be in this mess.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
if we are gonna get a manager that would want and expect milan to spend 80m+ on new players what was the point of selling ibra + silva? if we kept them, added de jong and monty and maybe one more good player we would be up there as challengers for the CL.

if only they gave allegri a fair shot by spending the ibra + silva money then we wouldn't be in this mess.

in the only way that it makes sense...

- sell ibra and silva to clear debt
- no debt makes the club attractive for investors
- sell the club
- cash moneyyyy
- world domination OR bunga bunga 4life

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
To be fair, our squad isn't that terrible. We just need a fresh new coach who will bring new idea and new positive aura. pep is the coach who get used to with 4-3-3 formation. and i optimistic he will take milan to a new level.

@ Defensive line probably our most critical.
We have strong and quality enough RB (Abate & DeS)
Potentially good CB pair (Zapata, Acerbi)
And shit LB (must buy LB)

@DM, we have golden pair in De Jong -Monty and nice depth (muntari, Flamini, Ambro, Strasser)

@AM, we need splash cash for creative and proven AMC
Right winger (which i can see pep will stole one of his kid in barca)

@FC, We have 3 option in Pato, Pazzini and Bojan.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score

the only difference is the timing, Berlu perhaps needed that cash in that time for a certain thing (either the fine or his elections campaign).

i don't buy it that we will invest heavily... especially now that FFP has started... maybe before FFP it could have been possible, but now - no way.

I also dont see Milan investing in a 6m/wage for a coach. We have no players that are earning above 5m, I doubt a coach would get 6.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
19q9mr.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'd like to address this one. People make fun of old Fergie when he says things like there's no value in the market etc.. But for me, that's accurate sometimes.

Firstly, with Ibra and Silva, our squad was still not good enough. It was a clear level below the best teams in this world, and this was due to many reasons. Mainly tactical limitations and an overdependence on Ibra. And yet, we were spending as much as the best teams in the world, on wages.

If money is to be invested, one has to increase the probability of success. Would I rather keep hold of the 2011-12 situation and trust Allegri to win the CL, or would I rather scrap that experiment (which IMO reached a glass ceiling), and trust a tactically better coach with a bunch of new players? If the money between both options are comparable, I would go with the latter.

We may be able to find several players of the type Pep likes for decent prices - An example here is Michu last Summer - a player Pep would have liked, but not Allegri. 80 million is obviously a made-up media figure at this point. For me, there are many average-priced players around whom Pep would like.

So for me, if we are spending money, I'd much rather spend that with a top class coach rather than maintain the status quo of last season.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
lol he is Premier League bound. not happening in Milan.

But which team would sign him in the Premier League? Rangers are screwed now, and somehow I don't think Celtic would fancy a fancy coach.

markovic

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
80M? With that amount Allegri would win CL... We played great last year with our shitty team, imagine how we could play with 4-5 wc players. And, if Galliani managed to bring De Jong for 3-4M with 80M he could do wonders... If Pep comes, he would need almost new defense, creative midfielder and right winger, I can see that happen.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
I'd like to address this one. People make fun of old Fergie when he says things like there's no value in the market etc.. But for me, that's accurate sometimes.

Firstly, with Ibra and Silva, our squad was still not good enough. It was a clear level below the best teams in this world, and this was due to many reasons. Mainly tactical limitations and an overdependence on Ibra. And yet, we were spending as much as the best teams in the world, on wages.

If money is to be invested, one has to increase the probability of success. Would I rather keep hold of the 2011-12 situation and trust Allegri to win the CL, or would I rather scrap that experiment (which IMO reached a glass ceiling), and trust a tactically better coach with a bunch of new players? If the money between both options are comparable, I would go with the latter.

we may have reached a glass ceiling but its better then being on the cold concrete floor.

it would have made sense to fire allegri and bring pep in the summer.
what milan did was strip allegri of his best players and risk failure to qualify for the CL, which would make any talk of hiring pep a mute point.

We may be able to find several players of the type Pep likes for decent prices - An example here is Michu last Summer - a player Pep would have liked, but not Allegri. 80 million is obviously a made-up media figure at this point. For me, there are many average-priced players around whom Pep would like.

So for me, if we are spending money, I'd much rather spend that with a top class coach rather than maintain the status quo of last season.

this is probably the plan, but milan runs the risk of being the new roma.
if pep can bring some barca talent with him, then we might have a chance.

SES92

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze
Ah, what the hell, let's bring him in, but I don't think he'll coach a non-CL team.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
There is not a chance he is going to take over this crappy team.

Silvio will no longer invest the sums to take this club to the top of the world and Pep is not going to coach a team this average.

markovic

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see any other club, at the moment, to hire Pep? Maybe Chelsea or City, but they are doing just fine and, as someone said before, their squads are already built and Pep cannot change much and bring the players he likes. Milan is perfect for him...
P.S how much Mourinho was payed at Inter?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
I was pretty optimistic about him coming, but i really don't see it now happening.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This probably good time for making this thread, since we're heavy linked with him.

AND YES. We need the bald man coach.

he will repeat what Sacchi did. Turn Pato into Van Basten. And polish SES into Messi.

pep will absolutely drop and demand pato sold.

-

he couldn't stand etoo, yaya's attitudes and they give MUCH MUCH more on the pitch

-

then again allegri tried this and rthe duck ran to his daddy...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
guardiola?

:SCCOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he has Leafership .. sign him

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
leafership rating 19??????

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
we'll give guardiola 80 million........ yen to spend :)

aka, about 800,000

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
He can buy another Nocerino, we don't have enough of them. Nocerino 2.0

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
People to lazy to check if there already exists a thread.
Now we got two Guardiola threads...

Schedule