The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Alec, why don't you go and volunteer helping at a hospital treating corona? And do so without any gear

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Vice-President Michele Uva couldn’t say when the season may resume but revealed UEFA prioritise the national Leagues and how Financial Fair Play will “not be frozen”.

“The answer will come according to the resumption of the national Leagues. But one thing is certain; the Financial Fair Play and the control systems will be there and will not be frozen.

“They will not be cancelled, even if some adjustments will be made to deal with the tsunami that has swept the world and therefore also football.”

Bastardi UEFA

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Ah well, time will tell, but I'm not the kind of guy to say "told ya so", so don't worry about that.

I think you have been studying necro's "Debate like a Pro" highlight reel :proud:

You couldn't possibly be any more delusionally arrogant

There is no more time for you to be proven right
Tens of thousands have already died
Hundreds of thousands have been seriously impacted
Millions have lost their jobs
Entire economies have been fucked

Even Lord Ibrahim Ba descends from My Olympus and hands mankind a complete side effect free cure the world has been changed forever.

Normal ppl would have said "hey man I was wrong"
But not you :proud:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is a report saying that we are fine with the current standings :fp:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Fuck gazishit and this club

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Forza Gazidis, I cannot wait to see his project with Rangnick... If we have to play with the 3 atb I'd like to have this defence

Musso
Pau Torres - Romagnoli - Martinez Quarta​

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
There is a report saying that we are fine with the current standings :fp:

Is that because we will get EL through the Coppa?

If that is the case, I would be fine with the standings too.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Huge respect for Tantalis and anyone else working in the frontline or dealing with the potential hazard. The real heroes of this modern age.

Honestly, isolation is extremely frustrating. Maybe weird to some, but I really miss working at my job and workout out properly. This calisthenics bullshit just doesn't cut it when you're used to the real thing.

Nothing left to do other than play the guitar, watch netflix, play games. At least my company does an outreach programm for the elderly, so I can do something useful at least.

Not weird at all. I'm somewhat an introvert and this whole thing also scares the shit out of me so working from home is kinda nice but at the same time without the human element it also feels empty as well. I feel in a few weeks I'll be sick of it :lol: Keeping in contact with family and friends where possible via calls/video is nice and has helped me so far. So have the gf and cats. I feel awful for anyone who doesn't have somebody and is isolated. Can't imagine how it must be.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you have been studying necro's "Debate like a Pro" highlight reel :proud:

You couldn't possibly be any more delusionally arrogant

There is no more time for you to be proven right
Tens of thousands have already died
Hundreds of thousands have been seriously impacted
Millions have lost their jobs
Entire economies have been fucked

Even Lord Ibrahim Ba descends from My Olympus and hands mankind a complete side effect free cure the world has been changed forever.

Normal ppl would have said "hey man I was wrong"
But not you :proud:
Calm down woman, you are hysterical again.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Daniel Maldini has a bright future ahead of him.

There are the same stories about Rangnick though. He's not coming. He's unsure of the project. He's been convinced. Pioli aaaannndddd Rangnick?

Then those random links with players in Germany. I feel like all of our targets will be unknown.

I also think if Rangnick comes, Hakan stays, and starts, lol.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Calm down woman, you are hysterical again.

Everything I have said is completely factual.
please check if you don't believe (click)
We are currently at
CASES 506,833
DEATHS 22,990
RECOVERED 114,469
UNRESOLVED 369,374

#BarelyDangerous

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's assume that the Rangnick model and the Arnault model are both possible for Milan, and let's say, for argument's sake, that they would lead to the exact same amount of success--CL wins, a couple Scudettos, etc.

Would you rather buy random players who become stars like Rangnick?

Or would you rather be a glamor team that buys Mbappe and brings in Pep and wins?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Everything I have said is completely factual.
please check if you don't believe (click)
We are currently at
CASES 506,833
DEATHS 22,990
RECOVERED 114,469
UNRESOLVED 369,374

#BarelyDangerous

I wonder how many posts one can fit in a signature

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's assume that the Rangnick model and the Arnault model are both possible for Milan, and let's say, for argument's sake, that they would lead to the exact same amount of success--CL wins, a couple Scudettos, etc.

Or would you rather be a glamor team that buys Mbappe and brings in Pep and wins?

If Rangnick can buy mid price players who become stars, then think what he could do with a PSG like budget!

If you have a rich club, you still want a top SD. ManU has been spending huge amounts the last few years and they don't have a top squad. PSG hasn't even ever reached the CL semis.

Milan will have to start with the lower cost model because of FFP. But if they can increase their revenues by regular CL qualification, better marketing, new stadium, then can start going for higher priced players.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Our financial position and summer budget is dwindling by the minute. We are paying a shit ton in salaries and there is zero revenue coming in right now

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
If Rangnick can buy mid price players who become stars, then think what he could do with a PSG like budget!

It's not the same. Just look at Atletico

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If you have a rich club, you still want a top SD. ManU has been spending huge amounts the last few years and they don't have a top squad. PSG hasn't even ever reached the CL semis.

Milan will have to start with the lower cost model because of FFP. But if they can increase their revenues by regular CL qualification, better marketing, new stadium, then can start going for higher priced players.

I'm saying that both models would yield the exact same results--which method would you prefer?

This is completely hypothetical, because I want to argue and stop doing work. I've been more productive at home than at the office.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'm saying that both models would yield the exact same results--which method would you prefer?

This is completely hypothetical, because I want to argue and stop doing work. I've been more productive at home than at the office.

Win CL with Hakan as captain. Thoughts?

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Right now Milan have to have a lower cost model. Even with Arnault there is FFP. He can increase the sponsorships by getting LV brands to sponsor but even for that there is a limit.

Ultimately I would like a combinations of the two models. Milan going after stars like Mbappe, Ziyech but also doing smart transfers.

Milan paid big amounts for Gullitt, Rui Costa, Shevchenko, Inzaghi. But they also got Seedorf, Pirlo and Kaka for almost nothing.

Milan is not Leipzig. It has to eventually go back to being among the elite and competing with Real, Barca, Bayern in the transfer market. They will still have to be really smart in doing their transfers if they want to be one of the top 5 teams.

Neither Leipzig or PSG has been winning CLs. You need money and you need brains behind the money.

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Donnarumma: “The red & black colours mean a lot to me because I grew up here [at Milan]. I have always been a Milan fan and I can’t help but do everything for this shirt.”

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Di Marzio: Agreement between #ACMilan and Rangnick is in place but move is on stand-by

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Snake: I love Milan and I want to stay.

Also snake: I DeMaND 7m SaLaRy oThErWiSe I'Ll LeAvE.

Two times in a row and another drama with his new contract, which is truly interesting for someone who apparently love Milan and wants to stay. :rolleyes:

I hope that both of them will fuck off from Milan.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is that because we will get EL through the Coppa?

If that is the case, I would be fine with the standings too.

If that is the case, then sure, go for it, but literally no journo ever talked about this possibility

Just read a rumour that Barca are offering Arthur, Semedo, Vidal, Aleña and Todibo for Lautaro :fp: 3 good months and he costs half a team valued easily 120+ m. This world is going crazy

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty, if the season is cancelled, then the current standings should be the result. No trophies awarded, but the CL and EL spots should go to the teams in those positions.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
In all honesty, if the season is cancelled, then the current standings should be the result. No trophies awarded, but the CL and EL spots should go to the teams in those positions.

and we should qualify to EL because we're still in the coppa
i could live with that

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Out of every possible model there is to follow, the only practicable model for us today is Rangnick's model. Buy reasonably priced 'under-the-radar-talents' and then eventually sell for a healthy profit.

As of 2020, I'm not sure if it's feasible to go the Man City/PSG route by having wealthy owners at the helm and buy a locker-room full of star players, as those days are gone by and UEFA have enforced stricter FFP rules, in line with budgetary restraints for those who tries to circumvent the rules. (For instance, Mirabelli and Fassone during that 2017 summer, where they were in transfer-market nirvana with a €230m warchest.)

To think what we could've been now if only Berlusconi sold the club in 2011 when his financial demise started to show. That was a time when Man City/PSG were allowed to spend freely and build themselves supersonic teams without the worry of the FFP police breathing down their neck.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
He has been shitty as a source recently, but this has me bonered up again.

I'm not sure we'll even start playing in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule