Arrigo Sacchi Thread

Dirk Diggler

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Nesta, Ibrahimovic, Mexes, Montolivo
I think Arrigo means the lack or diminishing of more historied, generationally Italian football players in Italy. That seems much, much different than, "damn these blacks, they're not Italian, c'mere The Man, let's have a bunga bunga together at the local government citizenship office."

I can't fault fairly simple nationalism, even if it appears to be racist superficially. If you think Sacchi's statements are as bad or equally hateful as Himmler or G?ring's, you're just an idiot.

Also, Abbiati most likely thinks the same, but he's still a player for us and also somebody Goodfella admires on some level, so I think the cherry picking here is pretty dumb.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Racist superficially? Nonsense.

He's old, his value systems are obviously different. So he should just try reaally hard to shut up in a changed world with more acceptance and evolution.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

He's old, his value systems are obviously different. So he should just try reaally hard to shut up in a changed world with more acceptance and evolution.

:thumbsup:

Especially that there are generation of Milan fans are considering him as an Idol and history maker.

Dirk Diggler

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Do you see the irony?

Edit: Irony is when the French authorities arrest a black(hmm) satirist for antisemitic jokes a few days after the Charley Hebdo incident. Acceptance and freedom of speech is a funny thing.

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sacchi slams anti-racist 'populism'

Former Coach Arrigo Sacchi admits he was 'careless' in causing his racism row, but hits back at FIFA President Sepp Blatter and anti-racist 'populism'.

"I am amazed, but not as much as you may think," the former Italy boss commented.

"I know only too well that in this environment populism is par for the course, and that there is no memory of history."

"I've been in football for 42 years, and over these 42 years no-one ever accused me of being racist."

"I don't think I became one at the age of 68."

"I coached and am friends with many black players. I'm not so stupid or obtuse."

"I was perhaps careless, among other things because I thought nobody could ever call me a racist."

Sacchi then went on in an attempt to clarify what his intended statement was.

"I was just explaining the problems of Italian football."

"Among the most serious is the excess of foreign players in Italy. They can't be more than a few, and of high quality."

"I was explaining how in other countries there's a different kind of pride, for instance in Spain, where people in Madrid complain if Spaniards don't get playing time."

"There's a business here in Italy, but it's a very dangerous one."

"People make money over the skin of young players, especially those who come from poor countries with great expectations."

"Many are purchased without even being scouted."

"I said that many foreigners are playing and on that day I saw four, five black kids on the pitch."

"I didn't think that was racism. Today, in Italy and abroad, just mentioning 'black' or 'colour' has everyone off their leash."

"If I'd used the word 'foreigners' nobody would have said a thing."

"Instead we get all the moralists and the politically correct, people I won't deign with a response because the whole world knows their story, much like the whole world knows my story."

"I'm sorry that there's no memory of our history at all."

"If I haven't been able to explain myself in 42 years, then I'll have to spend another 20 hoping they understand what I'm like."

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Paraphrasing Sacchi: "i got many black friends and i once coached some black players so 'fuck ya'll *****Z, i do what i want"

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i have still yet to hear an explanation of this 'dangerous' practice of bringing black kids in. What Cellino and De Laurenitis are casting off to africa in a slave ship and trapping youngsters? Signing unscouted kids when they can't give little paolo down the street a chance?

What is this dangerous practice? Seems like sour grapes, ignorance and racism over a globalized world.

If his problem is the way players are developed, then i think everyone agrees Italy is way behind germany, spain etc. in terms of proper training methods.

But could it be academies of teams are filled w/ foreign players because football is now global and they are simply better? Pulling talent from a larger potential pool (you know THE GLOBE) then a peninsula of 40 mil?

Sacchi should stick to training techniques, cause his pathetic prideful defense only makes him sound more out of touch and stupid

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
why isn't there any data on this 'serious' problem Sacchi talks about? Oh cause it's just same out of touch old white racists speaking out there asses. OK.

"Back when i was a child you saw no n*gguurs in this neighborhood. Where's my shotgun!"

-

And people wonder why black players like constant or balotelli lash out? They're basically told there not the same level human

Dirk Diggler

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reading comprehension is severely lacking in this forum..

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i have still yet to hear an explanation of this 'dangerous' practice of bringing black kids in. What Cellino and De Laurenitis are casting off to africa in a slave ship and trapping youngsters? Signing unscouted kids when they can't give little paolo down the street a chance?

What is this dangerous practice? Seems like sour grapes, ignorance and racism over a globalized world.

If his problem is the way players are developed, then i think everyone agrees Italy is way behind germany, spain etc. in terms of proper training methods.

But could it be academies of teams are filled w/ foreign players because football is now global and they are simply better? Pulling talent from a larger potential pool (you know THE GLOBE) then a peninsula of 40 mil?

Sacchi should stick to training techniques, cause his pathetic prideful defense only makes him sound more out of touch and stupid

whats your opinion about atletico bilbao??

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

He paraphrased his worry pretty well this time actually. He thinks agents are making money by simply bringing in kids from African countries and clubs do not even scout them properly before signing them - just because they are 'foreign' and that's fashionable.

See. Sacchi is old and his original statement was clearly moronic. But his worry, if true, is a genuine worry considering his mandate/desire to develop 'Italian' players - whether that be white or black or any other colour.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Forza sacchi you whiny little fucks

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
sacchis milan

...................lopez
bonera..alex..paletta..antonelli
cerci..poli..montolivo..bonav
............destro....menez.

rotating essien.. muntari.. honda poli..

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
sacchis milan

...................lopez
bonera..alex..paletta..antonelli
cerci..poli..montolivo..bonav
............destro....menez.

rotating essien.. muntari.. honda poli..

You wouldn't blame him with that lineup :tongue: but Abate above Bon because he is blonde :D

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Having been on RnB for a while now, I have to say that the reaction to Sacchi's comments...have gone quite well.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
:lol: i dont wanna be your friend anymore

i was joking dude :D Oh wait wait and Boc over Alex and Bon over Pal :lol:

But seriously that must be stopped and our old generations need to visit psychologist and have a proper treatment and also our culture and custom need to cleanup there bigotry and racism attitudes and expressions.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
i was joking dude :D Oh wait wait and Boc over Alex and Bon over Pal :lol:

But seriously that must be stopped and our old generations need to visit psychologist and have a proper treatment and also our culture and custom need to cleanup there bigotry and racism attitudes and expressions.

i know man:D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
i know man:D

The big problem now is that the Sacchi's quotes are trending in every reputed TV & Radio stations beside the social media! :fp:

:b: + Paolo + Sacchi + Carlo are all representing Milan's image and our situation and results are not in our side also; we can only remind ourselves with "Don't shoot yourself in the foot!" :fp:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Grazie Arrigo for creating the greatest club side of all time.

1546368_877585875632965_4821038677120479306_n.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I've seen that video like 10 times. Capellos too like 10 times. I never get tired of them

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
“Giocare contro Maradona ? come giocare contro il tempo perch? sai che, prima o poi, o segner? o far? segnare” (Arrigo Sacchi)

12184056_1483471218650441_2026989809879870804_o.jpg

Schedule