Ruud Gullit thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Ancelotti had written in his book that once back in the days Gullit got pissed off at Capello, picked him up and hanged him by the collar on his jacket on a hook in the dressing room and walked out... Capello didn't do anything about it and never mentioned it again. lol.

@ Jasper

I share your post Maldini stress :(

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score

milan110elode122.jpg

alb100_1990.jpg

gullit26.jpg

gullit11.jpg

gullit12.jpg

gullit15.jpg

gullit9.jpg

gullit2.jpg

gullit16.jpg

gullit23.jpg

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Used to love Gullit but he's still got a chip on his shoulder with us for farming him out to Sampdoria

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Silly me should've collected my grandma's old newspappers and scan them (for some odd reason she had like 40 pappaers from 1990-1992). There was one that had a "special light news" on 1990 WC and on the cover it had a pic of Gullit that said "the ladies love him"...I just remember watching that when I was starting to be a Milan fan and the pic was epic, more epic than the "sexy time" one.

Oh and I have somewhere taped the footballs greatests bit that Jasper posted...actually I taped with my phone (awful camera resolution, just tapes 10 sec. don't ask me why I did it, had nothing better to do), it's amazing.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Wasn't there a rumor that he banged Baresi's wife? :eek: Anyone with the (juicy) details?

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Silly me should've collected my grandma's old newspappers and scan them (for some odd reason she had like 40 pappaers from 1990-1992). There was one that had a "special light news" on 1990 WC and on the cover it had a pic of Gullit that said "the ladies love him"...I just remember watching that when I was starting to be a Milan fan and the pic was epic, more epic than the "sexy time" one.

Oh and I have somewhere taped the footballs greatests bit that Jasper posted...actually I taped with my phone (awful camera resolution, just tapes 10 sec. don't ask me why I did it, had nothing better to do), it's amazing.

LL Cool R

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Checked his wiki and apparently he's been married 3 times and scored 2kids per marriage. Pretty productive.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Ruud Gullit appointed coach of Terek Grozny in Russia

Ruud Gullit has been appointed head coach of Russian Premier League club Terek Grozny on an 18-month contract.

Gullit said: "I'm very happy with my contract. I look forward to getting back into it and this is a beautiful, great opportunity for me."

The Chechen Republic outfit finished 12th in the 16-team League last year.

Gullit will join the team at their winter training camp in Anatolia in Turkey on Sunday.

The Dutchman added: "Next weekend I will join up with the team and we will begin preparing for the season."

Terek Grozny are based in the capital of Chechnya, :eek: which has been through two major wars in twenty years.

Club president Ramzan Kadyrov, who is also the President of the Chechen Republic, :eek: has set Gullit the target of a top-eight position in the league by mid-season.

Terek open their league campaign against champions Zenit St Petersburg on 10 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9366290.stm

BTW those pics of Gullit are epic.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
He was a really good versatile player. Beside as a striker he also good as a winger, centre midfielder or even as a defender. I used to adored him. Still like him though. Wish him luck at the new club.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Wasn't there a rumor that he banged Baresi's wife? :eek: Anyone with the (juicy) details?

hahaha
He was 'banging' karembeu's wife. He married Adriana Karembeu i think.. i have the magazine with pictures and stuff from the 90's.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Gullit: "Chelsea and AC Milan have to wait…"
29/09/2011
Silvio Berlusconi, AC Milan president, in 1987 signed him from PSV Eindhoven for £ 6 million. He was sure to buy a leader and a very skilful player. He had even more and very soon the Italian giant started to win again, taking home scudetto, Champions League and what at that time was the Intercontinental Cup. Today Ruud Gullit is a manager. Many people remember him for his way of play and many more for his commitment against racism. Goldenfoot.com ask him about football and a special friend he got far away from Europe...

Q. After winning almost every trophy in your career, this year Gullit will leave his footprints on the Champions Promenade. What is your feeling? Have you ever thought a thing like this?
A. I never thought that one day someone would ask me to do something like this. It sounds nice to leave my footprints forever. I always tried to play well and to win as much as possible. This important prize is a consequence of what I have accomplished. People who watched me to play, they understood I did it with passion giving my best on the pitch.

Q. As a young player, who were your idols?
A. Ah, my idol was surely Johan Cruyff. I know I am the first Dutch player to leave my footprints on the Champions Promenade. I guess, in this prize I came first: I'm number one! (he laughs…)

Q. Somebody says that the "Black Tulip" made a football era. Great player but also an extrovert ,legendary for dreadlocks ,and a very strong personality .Was it this combination, together with your football talent, that made Ruud Gullit an icon?
A. I didn't realize I became an icon, I didn't think I was particularly different from other football players. I love Football. That’s the reason why fans loved me. My particular look and style was something extra I gave the fans to enjoy.

Q.You had great physical strength but also great football skill and technique. Gullit was a rare player from this point of view. Any player you think plays like you?
A. (Gullit smiles) Journalists always try to compare players from different times, but it is very hard. Every player is unique and makes football in his own way. Thats why football is great. Talking about a physical strength point of view, I would say that Didier Drogba looks like me a lot. His style seems mine.

Q. What’s harder, playing or coaching?

A. It’s very much harder to be a coach. When you are a player you take your position on the field, you know you have to play in a certain way , or kick in a certain way to score a goal. As a coach you have to try to make all the players understanding the way you want, and have your same vision. It happens sometimes they accept it, and some other times it doesn’t work and you have to accept it even if it is very frustrating.

Q. Your team, AC Milan used to play against Maradona's Napoli, Matthaus's Inter, Vialli and Mancini's Sampdoria: great opponents who made greater your victories.
A. Well its not only that. When you play against talented opponents the level of football rises, and it is nice not only to win, but even staying on the same pitch with these great players it’s very good. It pushes you to give your best to play at that same level of those champions. My Milan played against Maradona's Napoli and we won because we had a great team, but we also lost because they were very strong. They had Maradona but also Careca, Bagni and Carnavale. Diego was the best player. I never saw a player as good as him.

Q. Hollland is FIFA vice champion of the world. What do you think of this “oranje” generation?
A. My generation was physically very strong. We also had player like Marco Van Basten and Rijkaard. Definitely the generation you are talking about is different, but they are good as well. The leader is Wesley Sneijder, technically the best player. He is for sure the best dutch player at the moment.

Q. Tell us about Chelsea and AC Milan, your ex teams?
A. Chelsea is a very good team, they have an obsession of winning the Champions League, which won't be easy to do. It is one of the best teams in Europe thanks to Roman Abramovich. I am very proud of what I was able to do as a player and coach at Stamford Bridge. The team was not exactly well known like it happens today. I am happy of what I had there. Milan seems to have undertaken a policy of frugal spending, with a balanced budget, and this is a good thing. They are going through a transition phase where the famous players are getting to the end of their careers, and strong young players are stepping up.

Q. Chelsea and AC Milan can win the Champions League this year?
A. I think it is a little early for both teams. Chelsea live the Champions League like an obsession. Villas Boas might be the right man to bring them the trophy but I also thought the same with Carlo Ancellotti. Milan will also have to wait and be patient. There is a team called Barcelona that has a lot to say about it!

Q. A few years ago, Nelson Mandela told reporters that Ruud Gullit was one of the very few friends he had when he was still in prison.
A. I am very proud of my friendship with the great Nelson Mandela. When he was in prison, I wanted people in Europe to know who he was and what he was fighting against: racism and apartheid. He appreciated this very much. I met him many times after he got out of jail .In my life I have often taken positions, sometimes difficult ones, that I believed in. This hurt me sometimes, but I am like that. This is my character and my personality.

Salvatore Siviero

http://www.goldenfoot.com/acm-on-line/Home/Interviews/articolo8108.html

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Caught a stream of his hour-long interview with Al Jazeera Sport earlier. Top man.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Monday 10 October, 2011 Gullit on Pirlo-less Milan

Ruud Gullit has become the latest former Milan player to criticise the club’s decision to let go of Andrea Pirlo

The Italian international, now at Juventus, left the Rossoneri on a free transfer in the summer after the club opted against renewing his contract.

It’s always handy to have someone like Pirlo in your team,” Gullit, who had two stints at San Siro as a player, told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Pirlo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are two champions who can make the difference. I’d always like to have them both in my side.

Last week, Zvonimr Boban also questioned the Rossoneri’s decision to allow the playmaker to quit San Siro.

Milan have struggled without Pirlo and have started the League campaign with just five points from five games.

Milan lack pace,” Gullit added when asked about the side’s struggles in 2011-12 so far.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri has gone back to the Milan of Carlo Ancelotti – a diamond with two strikers.

The problem is that there is no speed in their play and the ball doesn’t get to the forwards at the right time.”

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But while Allegri and his staff are the only ones who truly know what goes on in training at Milanello, the player had seemed perfectly focused as he scored in the win over Bate Borisov on Wednesday. And as the journalist Carlo Pellegatti was pointed out to fellow reporters in the press box on Sunday, "[Ruud] Gullit chased after women like a madman. As long as he was still Gullit, there was no problem. Everyone would praise him, saying: 'Well done Ruud, do what seems right to you.'" It was only when the goals dried up, that the mood turned.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/24/milan-lecce-serie-a

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Caught a stream of his hour-long interview with Al Jazeera Sport earlier. Top man.

I saw that interview, and it made me know him better since I wasnt able to catch his playing days. I can say I really admire his personality, he is very rational and true to himself. I was especially interested about the part when he said he visted the dentist when he joined Sampdoria after an injury filled season with Milan. The dentist told him that he keeps pushing his front teeth with his tounge so he gave him a mouth piece that prevents him from doing so. Gullit said the next training session he felt that one of his leg muscles was extremely exhausted because apparently he never used it before and added that the season he spent with Samp, he felt quicker than anytime before.

So I guess this can explain why Galliani chose not to sign Cissokho?