Rest of the World Leagues

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Turkish league is over, expecting the turkish summer trolls to arrive very soon.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Update on some of the leagues

Belgium league final standings 2010/11 [top half]

ee97a0d18f637862477b004b797b6026.png

Argentina Clausura 2011 update

304d0532dfacb5ec10d14e46259cfea7.png

Russian Premier League update

8a5ed198a566ffae111b4356bd90c5ec.png

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
I read Martin Palermo will quit football after Sunday's match for Boca Jrs. Any truth in the stories? :o

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read Martin Palermo will quit football after Sunday's match for Boca Jrs. Any truth in the stories? :o

Yes, I believe so, hes 37/38 now, has had a good career, time to hang up the boots now :)

Boca Juniors striker Martin Palermo has announced he will be retiring from football after the final Clausura match on June 19.

The 37-year-old has scored nine goals in 15 matches for the South American giants this campaign, saying his decision is "irrevocable".

"It has been two years that I have been preparing for my retirement with a psychologist," Palermo was quoted as saying by Sportal. "I attended one back in 1999 after my [knee] injury.

"It is fundamental to have established clear projects early. My decision, in any way, is irrevocable."

Palermo has won six Primera Division titles, two Copa Libertadores and an Intercontinental trophy. He has also played for rivals Estudiantes and Spanish sides Villarreal, Betis and Alaves.

This was like a month ago...

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Palermo scored this goal last weekend:

Can't believe he will retire :(

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:eek: but guess that must be normal for his and Boca's fans.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:eek: but guess that must be normal for his and Boca's fans.

He is like Pippo for them. The fans love him to death, but the rest of the World underrate him and say he is finished since he was 33 or something. And suddenly comes a big game he scores one or two and shut up all the critics.

No better example than this goal (<3 the commentary):

Big game playa at his best...

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A shame people mostly know him for missing three penalties in a single game.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
:o:o:o

That's something that happens like only twice every leap year!!! :o

Srsly WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Anywayz, yeah, Martin's a mighty hero down there in the Andes Major. :D:D

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
What did he say?

dont know what he said but i think i know why he was pissed, the ref let the game go on for another minute after stoppage time and dinamo scored the equalizer

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vélez Sarsfield won the Clausura today

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Sarsfield crowned Clausura champions after Lanus suffer defeat
A 1-0 reverse to Argentinos ensures an unbeatable four-point lead for the Fortin after the penultimate round, as the parties begin in home barrio Liniers

Ricardo Gareca's Velez Sarsfield team have been crowned champions of the 2011 Argentine Clausura, after second-placed Lanus' defeat to Argentinos Juniors left the club with an unassailable four-point lead at the top with just one game to play.
Both the title challengers were in action on Sunday afternoon, with leaders Velez knowing that victory over struggling Huracan followed by a Lanus failure would secure the eighth championship in their history. They made short work of the relegation candidates; Uruguayan powerhouse Santiago Silva opened the scoring early in the second-half, before David Ramirez sealed the triumph with a late strike.

The Fortin then watched nervously on television as Argentinos - local rivals of the club - assured them of silverware in 2011. Nicolas Blandi scored the only goal of the game in the 57th minute to secure the away team a surprise victory, one that also put the Bicho two points from qualifying for the continental tournament behind Arsenal de Sarandi.

Just like in 2009, Velez won the title against Huracan; although that swashbuckling team under Angel Cappa's tutelage and featuring player such as Javier Pastore and Mario Boletti is a far cry from the current Globo XI.

With one game remaining the Liniers outfit have 36 points, and will celebrate the title at home next Sunday against Racing Club in their final encounter.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anzhi and Kuban :eek:

575078d1028454ee40801a96e360a6f5

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

They gave the La Bambonera goal as a gift to Palermo. :proud: Awesome gift and amazing farewell!

I will miss Martín Palermo :star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala have completed the big-money signing of Balazs Dzsudzsak from PSV Eindhoven.

The Hungarian winger, who has previously been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Hamburg, Juventus and Lille, has put pen to paper on a four-year deal after a reported 14million euros (£12.34m) switch.

The 24-year-old is looking forward to the challenges ahead, including helping his new side reach the UEFA Champions League.
Dzsudzsak told a press conference in Budapest: "I have signed to a league which is - if not technically, but for sure physically - better from the Dutch.

Dzsudzsak is a fantastic signing for them.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CSKA Moscow ? - ? Anji Makhachkala

In 1 hour from now.

First vs Second, if anyone is interested, let me know and i will find streams.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great play by Doumbia and assists Vagner Love for the opening goal after just five minutes.

Edit: Honda scores the second :)

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doumbia with his second assist of the match and Dzagoev with CSKA's third goal and soon to finish at 3:0

In other news, Gullit has been sacked at Terek Grozny.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Lokomotiv Moscou x Spartak Nalchik is on for the Russão Champ. :)

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ruud awakening
Gabriele Marcotti | June 18, 2011

BROADLY speaking, the more powerful and removed from reality you are, the more you're likely to be surrounded by sycophants who indulge your every whim. It's not a perfect equation, but there are enough owners of sports clubs to provide anecdotal evidence. And, in Ramzan Kadyrov, you have a shining example.

Last week, Kadyrov - whose day job is President of the Russian Republic of Chechnya and whose passion is the local side Terek Grozny - sacked his manager, Dutch legend Ruud Gullit, in one fell swoop achieving something many thought was impossible: making the world feel sorry for a multimillionaire ex-pro who has dated a string of beautiful women.

On Monday, Kadyrov posted a message on Terek's website in which he verbally crucified Gullit for the club's poor results this season. He concluded by saying that, if the club lost to Amkar Perm the following day, he would sack Gullit - who joined only in January - on the spot.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ruud-awakening-20110617-1g7va.html

Shame that Franco & Billy were part of his planned friendly a month or so back.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Tomorrow 2 games live on ESPN from Russao.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Fucking disgusting people; absolutely abhorrent behaviour.