Rest of the World Leagues

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
River Plate vs Belgrano in about an hour. River need to win 2-0 or better to avoid getting relegated for the first time in club's history(?).

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
River Plate: Carrizo; Maidana, Ferrero, JM Díaz; Affranchino, Acevedo, Arano, Pereyra; Lamela; Pavone e Caruso

Belgrano: Olave; Turus, Lollo, Pérez, Tavio; Mansanelli, Farré, Rodríguez y Maldonado; Vázquez, Pereyra

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
River leading by a goal at HT. Dominated entire half, should have been leading more though.. with sporadic possession for Belgrano.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lamela playing again lol

Edit: best game from River I've seem in a long time. Surprised with their coolness in a extreme preassure situation.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Screw that guy (Picante), WHAT A MISS :mad:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Incredible miss from Belgrano now...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lamela is on his 7th yellow card without suspension :lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Goooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!! :D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know a team is in deep trouble when the man supposed to be the commander is crying like a little girl.

Edit: PK for River

Edit 2: Pavone missed

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have some sympathy for Boca, so I want River to be relegated. But I'm touched by the grit and fight of the River players, it's crazy how much they are running in the field.

Edit: As expected, supporters are destroying the Stadium now...

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
River on the brink, sad day for Argentine football.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems the refree ended the game?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It seems the refree ended the game?

Yep, now in an hour or so few reports will come out of violence, vandalism and stabbings :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, now in an hour or so few reports will come out of violence, vandalism and stabbings :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep, the Barra strangely left the Stadium pretty fast (destroying everything on the way though). They are certainly causing troble outside. The "normal" crowd is no danger though, there is a lot of cops there.

The supporters of other teams are celebrating in the streets of Buenos Aires like a title :lol:

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
This totally sucks man! I hate when big clubs get relegated! But RiverPlate are fuckin huge!! :eek:

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Reports saying that a River fan died in the stadium due to heart attack! Also fans have broken into the River Plate club museum and are destroying it.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reports saying that a River fan died in the stadium due to heart attack! Also fans have broken into the River Plate club museum and are destroying it.

Yeah, but now the Police already took control. They retreated 1 or 2 blocks from the Stadium and are throwing stones on the police and burning cars now, but it's more quiet, and the rest of the crowd can left the stadium. Belgrano fans are still there though.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those riots made me remember previous violence from those barras:

Los Borrachos del Tablón were problably the most dangerous barra bravas in South America at that time. Those videos are from 2006, when their power was at a peak after the WC. They beat the police in Paraguay, and a few weeks after in Brazil.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Porto track Gremio's Mario Fernandes - agent
The 20-year-old is being targeted by the Portuguese giants as a candidate to replace Rolando

Porto are hot on the trail of Gremio centre-back Mario Fernandes, the player's agent has claimed.

The defender, who can also operate as a right-back, had already been linked with a move to Porto last summer, but it never went beyond paper talk.

Porto are believed to be scouring the market for potential reinforcements for the defence, as Rolando has been tipped to join Serie A sides Juventus and Roma, and Fernandes' agent has indicated his charge is being considered by the Portuguese champions.

"Anything can happen, you never know. But Porto want Mario. They really like to see him play," Jorge Machado told Zero Hora.

"Mario is a 20-year-old athlete. Highly valued. I do not know how much Gremio are asking for him, but it should not be a small figure."

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
What logic sends fans to destroy club's museum? Lost place in the league so going to destroy all the history?

This made me think - did Milan fans riot after 81-82? Or after totonero scandal? If someone knows this by detail maybe write something in History thread ...

Serno91

Cassanata
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From AC Milan
Wow River Plate, relegated for the first time in 110 years!!!
I was shocked to hear this, I think the fans are even more crazy about it.
I hope they return soon, and maybe we could get Lamela ;)

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What logic sends fans to destroy club's museum? Lost place in the league so going to destroy all the history?

This made me think - did Milan fans riot after 81-82? Or after totonero scandal? If someone knows this by detail maybe write something in History thread ...

I think what they wanted was to enter in the dressing rooms and the staff rooms. But police was there (and they did built barriers before the game) so they started the fight and simply destroyed / put fire on everything on the way, cause they were totally out of control. Museum was just on the way while they retreated.

That's a good point about Milan. Fossa in the 80's was very active and strong, they should have protested in a way or another...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
River Plate make Matias Almeyda coach for first season in second tier
• Board confirm Almeyda was 'unanimously appointed'
• Passarella ratified by River board as club president

The former Argentina midfielder Matias Almeyda will be newly-relegated River Plate's coach in the Nacional B division next season after the resignation of JJ Lopez, the club confirmed on Monday. The record 33-time Argentinian league champions went down for the first time in their 110-year existence on Sunday when they lost a relegation-promotion playoff against Nacional B side Belgrano 3-1 on aggregate.

"For this transitional new stage Matias Almeyda was unanimously appointed to take charge of the new River Plate team," the board said in a statement on the club's website.

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/28/river-plate-matias-almeyda-coach

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
River with no fans in home games next year in B.......thats pretty brutal, the new coach is gonna have a hard time motivating them.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I missed final half hour coz of bad net connection. May be Lamela will come cheap now to some club.