The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
I wouldn't say f b and g. To me ancelotti underachieved with what he had at this disposal. But then again we still won and Carlo is a legend of the club.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
If we are top of the table till Jan and get a good cb , backup to Ibra and especially rw who can legit rotate with Saele then who knows. This season is gonna be a lot about the strength in depth with so many games and players out due to Covid and 5 subs that with a little bit of luck I Deffo think we can have a small chance for the scudetto.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we are top of the table till Jan and get a good cb , backup to Ibra and especially rw who can legit rotate with Saele then who knows. This season is gonna be a lot about the strength in depth with so many games and players out due to Covid and 5 subs that with a little bit of luck I Deffo think we can have a small chance for the scudetto.

Honestly think a Kessie backup is now our highest priority.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Honestly think a Kessie backup is now our highest priority.

Yes, someone able to dominate physically gel nicely with one of Bennacer or Tonali. Imagine if we could rest Kessie more and save him for the harder brawls. I love seeing him on the field every game and he feels almost supernatural, but we're so fucked if he suddenly gets a long term injury now.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Flamini was utter crap, tf are people talking about?

Nostalgia is helluva drug :D

I will say again, get Soumare in January, in summer get Thauvin for free, sell Samu, and get one CB and one RB. Reserve LB also. Toma Basic is also great for our midfield if we can't get Soumare.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Anxiously waiting for the day tonali comes even close to imposing himself on a game like flamini. :(

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
He really wasn't, we overpaid his salary because he didn't get a new contract at Arsenal. If he was a star they would have kept him on.

That's the truth. We were just plugging holes at that time. Anybody who was a major player for their team and out of contract we signed..thing was we never offered them the same role here and they struggled.

I loved them teams and they are the reason I go for Milan.

But the reality is this team we are building now is the most excited I have ever been about this club. There is something about watching guys grow together. I hope they keep it together. Would be shattered if they didn't. These guys to me are as close to home grown as possible. Kessie benna Roma Theo leao saele Hague Diaz even hakan. Theyr name is really only linked with Milan. In the past players like Nesta who trust me is one of my favs is 50/50 Milan Lazio in reality.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Flamini was a decent player for us , nothing more.
He was much better with Arsenal.

Current team football is better than anything i saw after Cappelo's.
Carlo's team did have patches of good form but he had one of the best assembled team in history.
Pioli deserve respect & praise.
And am discussing style of play , not titles.
Am discussing entertainment as a team not individuals bailing teams out ala Messi or Kaka.
Our current direct style of play is insane.
Only Bayern & Liver plays better & more enjoyable but how much did their team cost, how long have they been playing together & whats their average age ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Anxiously waiting for the day tonali comes even close to imposing himself on a game like flamini. :(

Lol, he can exceed Flamini and still be considered a failure

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
agree

i'm also one of those who does not see the anything exceptional in Tonali.
i do think he's a well rounded player who can/will be very good.

i'm was disappointed especially because i thought for similar amount we could have actually somehow fix the midfield with a different type of player. even thought it would have still been short, 3 for 2 positions, but it would have at least allowed for a effective rotation, and ease that anxiety we all have "what happens if Kessie is out?".
A Soumare, a Roca, a Caicedo would be able to play with Kessie or Bennacer ... as they have physicality and intensity ...
for this system we play that physicality and intensity should have been the primary criteria of recruitment for a midfielder ... playmaking ability is a bonus ... we went for the bonus criteria.
right now, Kessie cannot be rested even on matches he should, has to play and hope we're comfortably set in the game (leading and in control) by the 60-70th so he can have 20-30 minutes rest.

NOWWWWWW with that said

it's ridiculous for people to shit on him like that already ... he will need time to adapt and settle in ...
it'll many games to get his markers and get to know how to be effective in this 2 man midfield and that'll mean get rig of some of his natural habits and adopting new ones. -defend first, that's your primary role.
-play faster ... instead of 3-5 seconds on the ball looking for a killer pass most times, release it in 1 second to the playmakers (Theo, Hakan, Sealemaekers & co) ...
-be a bit more aggressive, intense.

Double unfortunately, he'll need continuity to get that rythm, and that continuity only come if one of of Kessie and Bennacer is out.

just any Milan player at the moment, it's a pleasure to watch him on the field ... the group is just likeable ... and i really hope he becomes that special player some of you see that i don't. i already know that he will be a good player.

think it's WAAAAY to early to even bring that up ... because he could turn up fine, and im sure he will, weather he adapts or we find a new role for him ... let's say one day out of necessity Pioli plays him CAM and it's match. and we'll all go "aaaahhh this is where you fit in a 4231 !"...just sayin ... though i could see it as being a waste of opportunity, as we could have gone for someone more fitted for the role...

Who (from the players you mentioned) is the player that Milan could buy with 10 mil option to buy (for additional 15-25 mil)?

Oh yeah, who is Caicedo. it has been long time I search on google that name, only found Lazio's striker.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Lol, he can exceed Flamini and still be considered a failure

I'll consider this signing a success if he just manages to hit this very basic threshold. Something I wrote before he joined :

Over the past decade every single Italian we have bought can be described as some combination of very average, very injured, or very snake-like. Literally can't think of a single exception.

So good time to come to milan as the bar for success couldnt be any lower.

6.5/10 performances without being a defensive liability, stay fit to be available for rotation, and don't have raiola as your agent.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Why are we different in comparison with other clubs who tend to use younger players? Because Milan is one of the greatest clubs in the world (second greatest tbh) and players don't have that urge to leave the club. Now, half of europe is talking about us, everyone is glad that we are slowly regaining our path to glory days.

I hope we can extend contracts to Donna and Ibra.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Tfat paid the 10m loan out his own pocket so of course he gets to complain... :o

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Current team football is better than anything i saw after Cappelo's.
Carlo's team did have patches of good form but he had one of the best assembled team in history.
Pioli deserve respect & praise.
And am discussing style of play , not titles.
Am discussing entertainment as a team not individuals bailing teams out ala Messi or Kaka.
Only Bayern & Liver plays better & more enjoyable but how much did their team cost, how long have they been playing together & whats their average age ?
Carlo's team was the best in Europe for 3 or 5 years, won 2 CL and was 5 years in a row in quarters.
Now we are struggling to qualify to CL and are miles back to Bayern, Liverpool and other teams.
Let's keep proportions and just hope that the team improves and the results keep coming.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This current team has a lot more energy and drive to succeed imo. That 2011 team has super stars who had won everything but imo were not as hungry as they were 5 years earlier. They had already won everything lol. Had to keep eating when you are a horse you know.
I think you are on to something here.

Even for those of us who've followed Milan more than 15 or 20 years it feels like since the 2005 CL finale Milan has been in somewhat like a slow but declining state... Yes, we won that 2007 CL, but with an aging team far over its prime and led by a super sayan Kaka.

Even later, 2011, when we won Serie A, I never ever had that feeling of international superiority I had back in 2005 despite being the strongest team in Italy. I remember vividly that 2:0 win at home against Barca in the group stage in the 2011/2012 season (or was it a year earlier?) that felt like christmas in summer. Like something incredible hard to achieve. It wasn't like we just won a tough game and are happy now but like we accomplished something too impossible to even think of.

And after that 2011 team it always felt like even hitting rock bottom is too hard for us since we kept on falling and falling and falling.

Today's Milan is far away from the 2005 Milan. And I don't know if it could beat that 2011 team tbh but I think it would be a good fight and, for the first time since 15 years, our current team feels like one who's on the rise, not on its decline.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Carlo's team was the best in Europe for 3 or 5 years, won 2 CL and was 5 years in a row in quarters.
Now we are struggling to qualify to CL and are miles back to Bayern, Liverpool and other teams.
Let's keep proportions and just hope that the team improves and the results keep coming.

We don?t win by thinking rationally

We also are talking about what we have accomplished post COVID break

We wouldn?t use the word ?struggling?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Ah, how much I hoped to see El Mudo Vazquez assist Jackson Martinez for Milan in 2015.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
That Scudetto team was very good and would have had a genuine chance at winning the CL if Euromax hadn?t been in charge. I think you will all remember with fondness his experiment with Thiago Silva at CDM in the CL lol.

The next season?s squad was also very good and should have won the Scudetto and had a legitimate chance at CL glory, but as I recall we experienced another UEFAlona fuck job at Camp Nou

I also remember we had an insane amount of injuries during the first two months of that 11/12 season.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Gattuso shouldnt be here, he wasn't a dirty player, nor a cvnt. Just a hot headed southern Italian

Every sane man on the field across the world was scared of playing against Rino. He wasn't dirty, he was just insane and never backed down. I loved him in our team, I'd probably hate his guts if he played for any other team in the world.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Nah i've had enough homosexual encounters for a week.

Literally saw an 11 man Scottish train on an Italian yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

Tfat is in ripping form.
You guys don't get the honor you have to be in his presence :head:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We havent even played that well this season so far.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
The 2011-2012 team was really strong, we had a decent chance to win CL, but Barca during those years were the team to beat, they were a tier above everyone else. If we managed to knock them out during the quarter finals, I think we could probably have won CL that year.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Expected conclusion when you turn off game 20 minutes in.

giphy.gif

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Tfat is in ripping form.
You guys don't get the honor you have to be in his presence :head:

Leaf stop wasting ur time on pointless political squabbles and get back in the football side of things.

Pirlo has returned as coach of the most disgusting club in the world and Juve mod is no longer around. I don't know what you're waiting for.

Once Biden wins we can get back to the important things in life.

Last edited:

MILAN 4EVER

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
When will Gabbia return? This Hakimi dude got covid after Gabbia but is already back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule