Manuel Rui Costa Thread

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Pirlo assisted 72 goals in his whole career up until now in all competitions.
Rui Costa assisted 65 just in the 5 seasons with Milan.

And Pirlo had a lot easier job in the back,protected by the defence and gattuso or ambro helping him out, there was a lot more pressure up front on Rui Costa with opposition defences and defensive midfielders trying to close him down.

A lot of people are deluded by Pirlo's season with Juventus last year. He has to step up there and provide assists cause the forwards can't do it themselves and he has a lot more space to do so in a 5 man midfield, where they relieve him of opposition presure.

But overall, Rui Costa's individual skill, workrate, passing, playing under pressure, creating space, everything he did for the team, the effort he put in shits all over Pirlo.
Believe me I'm not a fan of Pirlo at all. That said, the mere fact that their outputs are comparable is an indicator of how much more useful Ladri fairy boy was.....keeping in mind he played in a more withdrawn position. Stop making me defend the guy :fp:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
different players completely different

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
pirlo casts a much longer shadow than rui costa did on those teams

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
From milannews.it:

Branchini: "Rui Costa ha sempre visto il Milan come il club perfetto."

Branchini (former agent of Rui): "Rui Costa has always seen Milan as the perfect football club."

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From milannews.it:

Branchini (former agent of Rui): "Rui Costa has always seen Milan as the perfect football club."

He's probably saying this out of pity, because the club has gone from perfect to a mess.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
From milannews.it:

:thumbsup::star:

nice

i've also always viewed it as the perfect club

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
From milannews.it:

Time to take over G`s job?:o

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I remember during the semi-final encounter with England , during Euro 2004, he practically broke the net with a rocket of a shot!

PaoloMaldini3

Legend
Reaction score
s_3624_123_2012_1.jpg

Beauty.

In Germany people say he was a flop... :fp:

Last edited:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
happy birthday Rui Costa...haven't seen a classy playmaker like him since he quit the game... was truly a beauty to watch.

he's doing a good job at Benfica... he signed Djuricic not too long ago... oh and didn't he say Milan's always gonna have the benefit on Benfica players? :D

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was a god among men. The first playmaker I've seen that made my jaw drop. :eek:

So slick, so elegant.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
I have the same Birthday as Rui Costa? That's brilliant!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
RuiCosta.jpg

If we had him in best years this season we had won the scudetto. Shits over every serie A midfielder.

man he is the answer for everything in life and football

t_ac_milan_manuel_rui_costa-6248100.jpeg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Happy Birthday LEGEND :star: won FIVE trophies in FIVE seasons with us; i enjoyed watching him under Milans Jersey :proud:

ruicosta17.jpg

Schedule