Dutch Eredivisie Thread

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Concrats to PSV :( Too bad I wanted AZ to win. My Team After AC Milan.
AZ Small club with very good players. As for Boy Waterman: It can happen hope he doens't blame him self
FORZA AZ! :)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
and it was captain Phillip Cocu that scored the decisive goal... what a way to end his career...

plus i picked PSV to win the league... and i'm sure Andy Gray didn't picked the correct winner...

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
yei!! :D
Congrats Salcido!! :proud: I'm proud of you!

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a crazy ending to the Dutch season. Really looked as though PSV had blown it and I fully expected AZ to win the title.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I just saw a scoreline on livescore.com ... AZ 2-1 Ajax. Does that mean AZ's through to the UCL?

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
I just saw a scoreline on livescore.com ... AZ 2-1 Ajax. Does that mean AZ's through to the UCL?

No, on 27th May both team face each other in Amsterdam to play 1 more match. then we see who will go to the UCL. Let's hope it will be AZ :star:

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Huntelaar scores 4!! goals today as Ajax defeat De Graafschap 8-1.

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Maldini, Bazdarevic, Garincha, Zubanovic, Diego Ribas,Zinedine Zidane
Besfort said:
OMG OMG OMG !!!, 7 Goals by Alfonso Alves in Heerenveen's win.
What are we waiting for !!!
Last year he was also one of the best strikers in Europe...what a show by Afonso ( not aLfonso:D ) Alves...:star::star::star:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn, this Afonso Alves guy was a house o' fire today with an obscene seven goals in the 9-0 slaughter of Heracles. That's as much as the Portsmouth team pumped in during that 7-4 marathon with Reading last week. :)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Pretty impressive, but we don't need another Brasilian. ;)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah, he scored a lot of goals, but also vs what team were those goals scored?
can anyone tell me if it's close to the top teams in Holland?

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Besfort said:
OMG OMG OMG !!!, 7 Goals by Alfonso Alves in Heerenveen's win.
What are we waiting for !!!
I heard it too...who is he...Any info on this guyy ???

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
adrian_milan said:
I heard it too...who is he...Any info on this guyy ???
The guy was ranked third in the european golden boot last season with 34 goals in 30 games or something.
he has been a goalscoring machine for the last couple of years, more goals than games.
no big club has been interested in him, and he hasnt recieved a national team callup either if im not mistaken.
my not be a bad investment, to satisfy the insatiable brazilian fetish of berlu.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
It didn't mean anything. I remembered Keizemen used to be the top scorer in Dutch League and he was named the worst striker in next season after he moved to Chelsea.

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
radioactivenerd said:
The guy was ranked third in the european golden boot last season with 34 goals in 30 games or something.
he has been a goalscoring machine for the last couple of years, more goals than games.
no big club has been interested in him, and he hasnt recieved a national team callup either if im not mistaken.
my not be a bad investment, to satisfy the insatiable brazilian fetish of berlu.
Really??third place, that was not bad...If he's cheap could be a good option...
Or trade him with Oli sounds even better...

@Yuchen
Van Basten, V Nistleroy, JDT was once top scorer of Dutch League...
IMO dutch league created big player...It's not fair to point the failure to one person...
Kezman was also got injured and was never a Mourinho first team...
Sheva also sucks at chelsea...

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
He was in the Brazil team when they won the Copa America, but didn't have playing time.
ManYOO, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Midelsbrough were recently linked with him.
This seson he has 7 games so far , counting 12 Goals.
Heerenveen signed him from Malmo FF in July 2006 for 4.5 M.
If any club wants to sign him, they should pay 9 M euros for his services.

MilanoMike said:
Pretty impressive, but we don't need another Brasilian.

If he is good, no matter what nationality he has, he has a place here.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:

I have a feeling Alves will be a goalscoring machine if he plays for a top club. For some reason he reminds me of what Samuele Etoo did when he played for Real Mallorca and then went to Barca. He just got better with a better supporting cast.

I'd love to have the guy in Milan 'cos for the most part Eredivise players who go to big clubs elsewhere seem to do well. For sure the supporting cast at Milan will be a much better than the guys around him at Heerenveen and he should do well.

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
He's the next Mario Jardel.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AZ Alkmaar have just bought a Mexican U-20 defender (Former U-17 Champion), who has been in the starting lineup of Pumas UNAM, they ended up being 2nd place
for just 1 million dollars, I think it was a pretty good deal
hopefully this kid will learn a lot and grow there

PSV are alleged to be interested in a few more players from Chivas Guadalajara
the closest one said to be Francisco J Rodriguez, who's a bad idea for PSV, he's not a good player

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PSV-Feyenoord was canceled today due to a police strike.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
excuse me ..im still a noob with dutch league..hope to learn more from the dutch members here...for starters

dutch cup....my noob predictions..

De Graafschap - AZ Alkmaar

(2) 55% cofident :D :eek:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
so who here really follows the dutch eredivisie?? A few players have caught my eye. I want to know what people think of them as future milan players.... 1 Urby emanuelson, i think he could become LB we want. Miralem Sulejmani and Luis Suarez both seem very tlented wide strikers, we could use. Finally jonathan De Guzman. Now I have a hard time gauging these players.... well as in there ability to play at higher leagues, so anyone who has watched more of them please comment.

I think signings from the netherlands or portugal or south america have always epitomized milan more so than big signing from other big clubs a la real madrid, which is y i'm looking here.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
AZ Alkmaar realising quite an impressive season until now.

18 wins - 2 draws - 2 losses

1st with 56 pts, 11 pts clear of 2nd placed Twente with 12 games to go. Dropped only 10 pts so far.
Best defense with only 12 goals against in 22 games.

Coached by Louis Van Gaal
Best scorer Mounir El Hamdaoui 18 goals
Italian Graziano Pellè is part of the squad, though he played in only 13 games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables...&seasonType=1&column=none&order=false&cc=5739

Looks like they will win their first title since 1981.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
AZ just signed Esonian defender Klavan from Heracles as well.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
To the people who watch this league :

How good is Keisuke Honda?This summer according to reports he has been tracked by numerous premier league clubs.Does he have the potential to be a first eleven Milan player?

If so we should move for him,also would be a shameless yet effective marketing strategy to get half of asia to buy Milan products :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
To the people who watch this league :

How good is Keisuke Honda?This summer according to reports he has been tracked by numerous premier league clubs.Does he have the potential to be a first eleven Milan player?

If so we should move for him,also would be a shameless yet effective marketing strategy to get half of asia to buy Milan products :D

is he the one who used to play for le mans in france??

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan