Vincenzo Montella Thread

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
As much as i dont like him being Milan's coach but i just read an article about him that when he was sacked that day, it was just typical ordinary day .. he was came to morning practice and nothing's happened before like no one called him about those things (fired etc) .. that was only in that morning one of management saw him and told him after or in the middle of morning practice that he was sacked last night.. i mean as much as i dont like him being coach for us c'mon .. what happened with Montella was so rude .. poor Montella .. I guess that morning he woke up and said positive things with his typical smile and stared at the mirror and talked to himself thats gonna be okay .. 0-0 result with Torino was nothing ... but its turned out to be his last game .. poor man .. long short story he was sacked without any notice before ... life is hard sometimes ..

Tough shit.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
14 games - 20 points

what a piece of shit

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As much as i dont like him being Milan's coach but i just read an article about him that when he was sacked that day, it was just typical ordinary day .. he was came to morning practice and nothing's happened before like no one called him about those things (fired etc) .. that was only in that morning one of management saw him and told him after or in the middle of morning practice that he was sacked last night.. i mean as much as i dont like him being coach for us c'mon .. what happened with Montella was so rude .. poor Montella .. I guess that morning he woke up and said positive things with his typical smile and stared at the mirror and talked to himself thats gonna be okay .. 0-0 result with Torino was nothing ... but its turned out to be his last game .. poor man .. long short story he was sacked without any notice before ... life is hard sometimes ..

losing every other week should have been enough notice

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was the best until we gave him 200m to spend and he made things worse.

No coach since Ancelotti had a say in the market or a substantial investment.

Mirabelli is the one who deserves the most blame for the mercato.
Montella (and Fassone) too but not in the same extent, Montella can wish for players but it´s Mirabelli´s responsibility to check if they are the right ones, to question transfers and to buy with a plan.
I really hate that Mirabelli managed to make Montella his scape goat.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli is the one who deserves the most blame for the mercato.
Montella (and Fassone) too but not in the same extent, Montella can wish for players but it´s Mirabelli´s responsibility to check if they are the right ones, to question transfers and to buy with a plan.
I really hate that Mirabelli managed to make Montella his scape goat.

What? You want to blame Mirabelli for giving the coach the players he wanted? :lol:

That's the way it works at every club.
Moreover, if Mirabelli didn't give Montella what he wanted, Montella could always say - it's the managements fault, I didn't get the squad I requested.

Also, please stop with the "our players are bad" story.
Most of our signings were really good.
We probably shouldn't have signed Kalinic and Hakan, but should have kept Kucka and Delufeou.
We would then be able to continue with the 433 like last year but with a much better squad.

Montella shot himself in the foot with his bullshit tactics and the players that don't fit those tactics.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What? You want to blame Mirabelli for giving the coach the players he wanted? :lol:

That's the way it works at every club.
Moreover, if Mirabelli didn't give Montella what he wanted, Montella could always say - it's the managements fault, I didn't get the squad I requested.

Also, please stop with the "our players are bad" story.
Most of our signings were really good.
We probably shouldn't have signed Kalinic and Hakan, but should have kept Kucka and Delufeou.
We would then be able to continue with the 433 like last year but with a much better squad.

Montella shot himself in the foot with his bullshit tactics and the players that don't fit those tactics.

Of course I can blame him, because Montella wanted the players but Mirabelli´s job is to scout and rate the players and how they fit into the team.
If he isn´t convinced he can ask Montella for another suggestion, but it´s Mirabelli´s responsibility as it was always the main responsibility of the CEO and SD in Milan.

Out of our signings the convincing one´s are Kessie, RR, Borini and he keeps getting better Bonucci will join them.
Kalinic, Biglia, Hakan and to a lesser degree Silva are on the road to being flops if they don´t manage to turn it around.
Musacchio and Conti are hard to rate.
That´s not good enough.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
F&m should equally be blamed if not more.. they didn’t sign him the LW we all knew was missing from the 433.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
writers block

be me 43 year
born in south italy
too much ladyboi for maffia, so play sports
become a semi-succesfull goalscorer
people called me aeroplanino cause i put arms up for sweaty armpit cooldown, after a good run
autismsweat is the worst, no deodorant can handle me
now retired
asianfetishdrugtrips.exe
had visions of implementing 3-man-defences
go from peasant club to peasant clubs doing what i like
i don't always have the right players
but i manage my tactics every time.avi
always laugh at interviews, because i don't care and be stoned
suddenly be at big club with best decorated president
can't do own tactics
hirevegan.jpeg
smile and be high
chinese people buy club and 2 natives become my boss
they want to spend big for my 3 at the back
buy 2 more defenders + randoms
hugeopium.fresco
play everyone out of possesion
china man angry for the bad results
sack vegan
team sucks more then i wanted
put up smilyface or craveface alternatingly
mfw, get sacked

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I still can't get over how stupid this sacking was, by far the worst decision this club has made in recent years. Just to recap, games we didn't win:

Lazio away
Samp away
Roma home
Inter away
Genoa home
Juve home
Napoli away
Torino home

In bold are the only ones we definitely should have picked up maximum points, but instead dropped four. The others? Is it really fair to expect to beat two of the most consistent teams in the league in Lazio and Roma after completely revamping the squad?

The performances were poor but they were improving. The 2nd half against Napoli was the best we played against the top teams and the only difference against Juve was that they had Higuain and we didn't.

So it takes FOUR fucking points to get sacked, after a transfer campaign which seems to have been characterised by "oh we couldn't say no to getting him at such a bargain" rather than any specific planning. Montella asked for Kalinic only when it became clear that we spent too much on players that don't fit his system and couldn't afford Auba or Belotti.

(Also note that the only defeats were against the top 6 who went on a surreal run of games, not dropping points against fucking Benevento and Hellas.)

It's amazing how people underestimate the time it takes to get a team working together, the chances of a manager coming in mid-season and improving things are 1 in 100.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
It's only a matter of time until he gets picked up by Juventus.

His languid, effortless brand of football is reminiscent of Prime Pep and success is written in the stars for him.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He deserved to be sacked, but the shocking part is replacing him with gattuso

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Best decision in years. Worst decision was to keep him after last season and invest 200m.

It's not about the points. We were playing shit even when winning. Last year's first half was a lucky fluke.

Gattuso already managed to improve our gameplay, even without any preparation.

Shittiest coach we've had in the last 10 years or so.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He deserved to be sacked, but the shocking part is replacing him with gattuso

No coach will fix this team without additional investment.
We have 1.5 wingers in the team.
And besides that, no other attacking threat.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No coach will fix this team without additional investment.

We have 1.5 wingers in the team.

And besides that, no other attacking threat.

So why replace him with gattuso.?

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso only had 3 weeks to work.
And aside for the results, we are already playing better than in the last month under Montella.

Worth. Playing without Suso will be a challenge though.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Gattuso only had 3 weeks to work.
And aside for the results, we are already playing better than in the last month under Montella.

Worth. Playing without Suso will be a challenge though.

We are playing better... based on the performances against the three worst teams we played this season... and still didn't win?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We are playing better... based on the performances against the three worst teams we played this season... and still didn't win?

2 wins, 1 unlucky draw and 1 unlucky loss (because we played better overall)... what are u talking about dude?

Montella fanboiz :fp:

We played much worse vs Crotone for example, but got lucky and won.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yeah I don't understand either. We play good in some parts of the match but it's still bad.

People just look for any reason to hate on Montella since a lot of his haters are salty Mihajlovic fanboys.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
2 wins, 1 unlucky draw and 1 unlucky loss (because we played better overall)... what are u talking about dude?

You're delusional. Never mind that "playing better" doesn't fucking mean anything at all*, what does it actually achieve in football? Before you can decide how you're going to play, you need to get some sort of chemistry going and gain results.

*I don't even know what you're judging this on. The incredible defence that kept ZERO clean sheets? (If you're going to count the fodder coppa then also count the pathetic loss in the Europa) Unstoppable strikers? Or some bullshit criteria of GRINTA?

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

What do you consider unlucky though? Because players having shit finishing is hardly unlucky. That's like Chievo saying they're unlucky that Meggiorini doesn't have the finishing skills of Higuain.

When you lose 3-0 against a thrash team like Verona, you can't call it unlucky. Especially considering every goal they scored was a free shot from 5 metres out. That's just awful defending.

Also, how was the game vs. Crotone lucky? Them getting a red card has nothing to do with luck, it means their player fucked up and got a red, nothing unlucky about it.

Unlucky would be a player shooting a ball that's going 30 metres away from goal but deflects off another player's ass and goes in.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're delusional. Never mind that "playing better" doesn't fucking mean anything at all*, what does it actually achieve in football? Before you can decide how you're going to play, you need to get some sort of chemistry going and gain results.

*I don't even know what you're judging this on. The incredible defence that kept ZERO clean sheets? (If you're going to count the fodder coppa then also count the pathetic loss in the Europa) Unstoppable strikers? Or some bullshit criteria of GRINTA?
Playing better means nothing? Overall, if you will constantly play better than your opponents, most of the time you will win. Occasionally, it happens than you lose, in spite of that.

I think there is a noticeable improvement in our play. We are playing more direct, judging faster and have more shots. In the last game we had 30 shots, which is almost double than most of our games under Montella. All this under a coach that is not very experienced, inherited a team built by someone else and had no time to prepare.

So, I would wait at least some games after the winter break to call Gattuso shit.

Also, who in their right mind still defends Montella?

What do you consider unlucky though? Because players having shit finishing is hardly unlucky. That's like Chievo saying they're unlucky that Meggiorini doesn't have the finishing skills of Higuain.

When you lose 3-0 against a thrash team like Verona, you can't call it unlucky. Especially considering every goal they scored was a free shot from 5 metres out. That's just awful defending.

Also, how was the game vs. Crotone lucky? Them getting a red card has nothing to do with luck, it means their player fucked up and got a red, nothing unlucky about it.

Unlucky would be a player shooting a ball that's going 30 metres away from goal but deflects off another player's ass and goes in.

I will explain this in poker terms. Sometimes, you may play your cards right, get more winning %, but still lose in the end. For example, you go all in with AA and get called by an opponent with JJ, pre-flop. You have 80% to win, but in 20% of cases you will still lose.

So, when you overall play better than your opponent, but somehow manage to lose = unlucky. When you play worse, but manage to win = lucky.

Last game, we had 30 shots... and you can't say they are shit finishers. It was the same Suso, the same Cutrone and Bonucci. It's just that this time their shots didn't go in. Next game we'll have 15 shots and maybe score 3 goals, it's just the way it works...

I remember we were playing like shit vs. Crotone, although maybe I'm confusing it with another game of same caliber.

Last edited:

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Playing better means nothing? Overall, if you will constantly play better than your opponents, most of the time you will win. Occasionally, it happens than you lose, in spite of that.

I think there is a noticeable improvement in our play. We are playing more direct, judging faster and have more shots. In the last game we had 30 shots, which is almost double than most of our games under Montella. All this under a coach that is not very experienced, inherited a team built by someone else and had no time to prepare.

So, I would wait at least some games after the winter break to call Gattuso shit.

Also, who in their right mind still defends Montella?

Playing a different way doesn't mean we've improved. This is some bizarre FIFA thinking where playing fast and having more shots = playing better.

Playing well means playing efficiently - against teams that are worse than you, it's by doing the least to get the most without getting into first gear. Not by running around headlessly yet conceding 2-3 per game.

Think about it, how often does the team that played better using your criteria (fast, direct, more shots) actually win in Italy? And how often do teams that are more utilitarian and tactically astute win? Hint: it's not the Napolis and Romas of years gone by that have won anything.

Mozack

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Balotelli Inzaghi Maldini Costacurta Nesta Sheva Djokovic

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
So he gonna coach a chl team and play against united #winning

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why did Sevilla sack their manager? They seem to be in a good spot

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Z7VvjZg.png

good bye!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Undoubtedly a league more suited to him. Good luck.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Sevilla won't give him any transfer budget, because he tends to go wild with those. :lol: