All About Movies

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The Last Jedi was pure garbo.

So fucking childish. Every scene had a joke in it, the Porgs were just furry minions. No tension.

Star Wars 8 - Cruiser Control.
Furry minions overwhelm underwhelming cardboard cliches

No character stood out. The best character was Kylo Ren. Luke was meh but that was better than most.

Poe is a damp squib. That new admiral might as well have been a mannequin. Finn was dull. Chinese one was alright but that's because she actually had a personality. Snoke was smoke after all that hype. Rey was cardboard. Leia was bald Mary Poppins. Phasma was in it for 20 seconds. Ginger guy was straight out of a Dreamworks film and the worst character in it. Del Toro was shit.

Opening on perhaps the most awkward and shit joke I can remember is not a great start and it didn't really improve from there.

The only good bits were the bits Kylo and Rey shared together and one of them was utterly ruined by some awful jokes about wearing a shirt.

And how very Star Wars for one of the few people in the galaxy capable of moving things with his mind to be almost killed with a headlock... Yes, I remember back when Luke was beaten by Kurt Angle in ROTJ...

Utterly garbage. Only one worse than it was 1 and that's purely because of Jar Jar and having a child star - Darth Maul was better than anything in this sequel trilogy and Neeson and Obi Wan are better too.

Solidly 7th of 8th with it being close to 8th.

On the other hand, I watched Call Me By Your Name and that was utterly terrific. Disappointed I missed the cinema run but I would have annoyed everyone with my sobbing anyway. :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
jar jar binks >>>> rey

Never.

But TLJ was just utter shit.

It's like every scene they tried to have a punchline and an inspiring quote.

Just awful.

And BB-8. I mean, I never liked the comedy droids anyway but that one takes it to another level entirely. Atrocious.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
watched blade runner 2049, left confused and felt there was too much talking/doing nothing and not enough action

6/10 and I feel like I'm being generous.

:fp:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
end spoilers lol

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Watched Alien Covenant yesterday, and i'm honestly confused and glad that i didn't pay for it.

1. How the hell did the chick from the first movie repair David?
2. Did David create a new strain of aliens?
3. What planet did David eradicate of engineers? I remember the engineer planet was deserted when they got on it, except for the one guy in the suit who fucked his shit up. So did they leave that planet, get to another one full of engineers, and released the swarm on them?

Seriously what the actual fuck was this movie about :lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wakanda forever!
- good sory
- action scenes could have been better
- black panther was outshined by some of the other minor characters I thought
- lupita nyong'o ❤️

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
aoNNbKe_700b.jpg

Im not hating on Gary, he is a superb actor and shud have won his Oscar ages ago. But gotta say DDL in Phantom Thread was another standout performance, shit film, but by God DDL deserved another best actor award. Brian Cox played a better Churchill than Gary.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I've watched the movie I.T this week end, also finished the book a few days before.

5/10, shit adaptation, they failed to capitalise on what made the book excellent aka the friendship between the kids.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Infinity war wad Awesome!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The shape of water is meh.

Very overrated.
Am I the only person that thinks that it was basically a ripoff of Tom Hank's "Splash"? There's actually a video on Facebook that shows where and how much both movies have in common....The reason I found the video is because I was sure that SOMEBODY had to have done a mashup of the two movies.

Wakanda forever!
- good sory
- action scenes could have been better
- black panther was outshined by some of the other minor characters I thought
- lupita nyong'o ❤️
:thumbsup:
Lupita is overrated. Killmonger stole the show.
Infinity war wad Awesome!

As a hardcore DC fan I have to admit that this movie was better than anything DC ever produced...and I suck off the Justice League at every available opportunity (no homo).

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Black Panther is such a crap super hero movie, glad I didn't have time to catch it in the cinema.

It has stunning visual effects, but my god the plot is awful. And the vilan? Couldn't take that pineapple head seriously.

Glad people are starting to give it shite ratings like it deserves. For a few weeks from what I heard about it, I though it would be equally as good as avengers.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Black Panther is such a crap super hero movie, glad I didn't have time to catch it in the cinema.

It has stunning visual effects, but my god the plot is awful. And the vilan? Couldn't take that pineapple head seriously.

Glad people are starting to give it shite ratings like it deserves. For a few weeks from what I heard about it, I though it would be equally as good as avengers.

My exact same thoughts

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
a47zm5w_700b.jpg

They better not fuck this up... it is rated R.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
let's be honest..it's going to suck balls

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
just a brief recap of what I've seen in the cinema this year

black panther: good movie, overrated af tho

rampage: decent monster movie, didn't drag at all so that's a +

a quiet place: very good movie, keeps on you on edge for most of it.

avengers infinity wars: 9/10, -1 for giving that dork vision and his girl way too much screen time.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Thor: Ragnarok - Easily the best marvel movie ever made. Such effortless genius in terms of art, design and dialogues. Taika Waititi is an absolute rockstar

3 billboards near Ebbing, Missouri - Very very good movie

Black Panther - Thoroughly enjoyable. Genuine effort to incorporate African culture without being camp about it

The Post - Top Hanks. I'm a sucker for journalism movies

All these movies watched on Emirates flights.. next long distance flight is Russia for the world cup. Hopefully Emirates would have added A Quiet Place by then - I've been so looking forward to catch it but couldnt manage due to crazy travel schedule.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok - Easily the best marvel movie ever made. Such effortless genius in terms of art, design and dialogues. Taika Waititi is an absolute rockstar

:star:

top 2 marvel movies for me (seen all of them :lol:)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Thor: Ragnarok
Iron Man
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 1
Avengers 1
Avengers: Infinity War

In that order..

Don't like anything else.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok
Iron Man
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 1
Avengers 1
Avengers: Infinity War

In that order..

Don't like anything else.
Wow...you and i have very different taste in movies!