Ugliest Languages

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You saw the title. It is all for fun and only about sharing personal opinions and therefore there is no reason to get butthurt if your mother tongue is mentioned. :)

Now, it might have been more fair to have separate threads for each language group or at least continent, but this is not a linguistics forum, so one will have to do - let the hate flow.

Which language(s) is the ugliest in the world?

I am, perhaps, a bit biased here, but Danish is just an awful language that I cannot just stand to hear and even worse is Dutch (pure cancer).

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I used to dislike the German language, I blame TV and Hollywood they always showed the language in its harsh tone and to be loud. It's not like that at all, its actually a very poetic language.

Gaelic sounds a tad silly. But I'm sure if spoken properly it wud be charming.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Arabic
German (especially girls)

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I used to dislike the German language, I blame TV and Hollywood they always showed the language in its harsh tone and to be loud. It's not like that at all, its actually a very poetic language.

Gaelic sounds a tad silly. But I'm sure if spoken properly it wud be charming.
Yeah, people automatically think of an angry Hitler which is not a very fair representation at all.

To little experience withnGaelic, butnI agree it seems to be a silly language.

Arabic
German (especially girls)
I actually think German is quite cool. Not a fan of Arabic either.

Russian is one of those languages that is only nice when spoken by a female. When males speak it, I feel like punching something.

Adding Albanian to the list.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I really dislike Portuguese.

Sounds like a nagging Spaniard with a strong cold

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I am, perhaps, a bit biased here, but Danish is just an awful language that I cannot just stand to hear and even worse is Dutch (pure cancer).

Send me ur number we have to talk
____

Chinese, vietnamese, icelandic, finnish, german

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
So here's the deal with German. I find it to be a great language to write, especially if you're trying to express something poetically. Spoken German on the other hand is very monotone and unenjoyable, devoid of any melody.

Arabic is a good pick - with some speakers it makes me yearn for an umbrella. I also don't like stereotypical British English, makes you sound like a pretentious, stuck up snob. There is also Indian which I cannot stand, it sounds super weird to me.

I've been told Ukrainian is supposedly super harsh sounding and generally awful but I have yet to confirm that.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
kurwa of all languages
CAcWcbX.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
how is this a language?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saying something correctly in Polish always fills me with immense pride. Truly kurwa difficulty level in terms of pronunciation.

It reminds me of Finnish in a way that I see words and obviously can read the letters but my mouth just won't pronounce those words :lol:

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Send me ur number we have to talk
____

Chinese, vietnamese, icelandic, finnish, german
Come at me, bro. :lol:

Saying something correctly in Polish always fills me with immense pride. Truly kurwa difficulty level in terms of pronunciation.

It reminds me of Finnish in a way that I see words and obviously can read the letters but my mouth just won't pronounce those words :lol:
Yeah, Polish is an awful language. Finnish is actually spelled exactly how it sounds. Very phonetic unlike Swedish that is a completely inconsistent mess when it comes to spelling/pronounciation.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I really dislike Portuguese.

Sounds like a nagging Spaniard with a strong cold

Spanish that's spoken in Spain is really ugly as well. Especially the ones with regional dialect like in Barcelona or Valencia.

btw you guys should check this out:

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So here's the deal with German. I find it to be a great language to write, especially if you're trying to express something poetically. Spoken German on the other hand is very monotone and unenjoyable, devoid of any melody.

Arabic is a good pick - with some speakers it makes me yearn for an umbrella. I also don't like stereotypical British English, makes you sound like a pretentious, stuck up snob. There is also Indian which I cannot stand, it sounds super weird to me.

I've been told Ukrainian is supposedly super harsh sounding and generally awful but I have yet to confirm that.

What is Indian? :lol:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What is Indian? :lol:

Good question, whichever of the million spoken languages on the Indian subcontinent that sound like the speaker has a round object stuck at the edge of his throat. I could assume it's Hindi but that would be nothing more than a guess.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Disgraceful, racist thread. All languages are beautiful. Shame on you all.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
All languages except the ones who use kurwa mach

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You saw the title. It is all for fun and only about sharing personal opinions and therefore there is no reason to get butthurt if your mother tongue is mentioned. :)

Now, it might have been more fair to have separate threads for each language group or at least continent, but this is not a linguistics forum, so one will have to do - let the hate flow.

Which language(s) is the ugliest in the world?

I agree with dutch, and only for the fact that I was once stuck on a bus in Malta for about an hour sitting in front of this ugly dutch chick that wouldn't shut the fuck up.

The Turkish language for some reason though I don't like the sound of it

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Danish. The accent of vomiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I've always wondered what people think of Swedish.