The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Official: Alessio Romagnoli Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 05:06   #2794
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Alright, I am convinced.

Clearly, I have come to the wrong conclusion from Milan's 8th position and loss/tactical failure in every big game that we are in a system that's well suited for us.

A system which literally just 3 of our players (not even the coach) are familiar with before Milan (Bonucci, Conti, Kessie. RR at Wolfsburg but he failed).

All other players have achieved their modicum of success in 4-man variants. Success they are clearly unable to replicate in 3 man systems.

Milan shares absolutely no characteristic familiar with successful (semi-successful) 3 man systems like Chelsea or Juve - strong, fast, physical wing backs and wingers, proper regista and holding midfielders, competent target man.

I mean, we did change our "well" suited system 21 times in 21 games and the only position we settled on was Borini should be right wing back.

But I am now convinced otherwise.

You are perhaps unaware that Zapata had his best phase of his career, and was one of the best in the league, playing in a 3-man.

RicRod is the only one who isn't appropriate for the 3-5-2 in fact. Romagnoli, Bonucci, Zapata and Conti are all well suited for it.

Signature
Rino Reign
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote