The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Official: Alessio Romagnoli Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:50   #2799
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

You guys are putting too much emphasis on the formation. When season started, I didn't want us to move to a 3-man defence, because to me that was not a priority. The important thing was to get the basic tactics right which would allow us to score goals. The off-the-ball stuff which we've been lacking in for years now. Then Montella moved to a 3-5-2 and now the players seem used to it. And again, it's not a priority for me to change the formation. The impact of formations have been really over-rated in football discussions nowadays.

What is important is that we are still not doing anything off-the-ball, we still do not have 2-3 players who are guarantees in front of the goal. Unless we fix these issues, nothing will change no matter how many times you change the formation. And no, changing the formation is not a way to fix these issues. These issues have to do with mentality and effort and need a manager who can drill down the message to the players that we aren't gonna get anywhere unless we put in a lot of effort when we don't have the ball.

Quote:
After 15 rounds, Milan have ran 105,499 Km in Serie A, occupying the 19th place. Only Torino have ran less (104,740 Km)

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote