Lucas Paquetá Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Now inevitably there will be a fresh tirade against Gattuso when Paqueta doesn’t start from the very first game in January.. Remember how long it took for Bakayoko, Hakan etc to understand the league and tactics? It will probably take Paqueta at least that long.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
^This.

Am glad he went back to Brazil for a few weeks holiday instead of training immediately with the team. He needs at least a month or two from January to adapt before starting regularly. We need to get another 2 mids and a left winger to allow for him to adapt properly.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can't wait until our 35m only January signing doesn't play until March.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
:lol: if he is our only signing then he needs to play from the get-go.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Save him for next season. He could get injured if he plays.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ :lol: This post.

I think Thenebra is:

bh32sUj.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
yeh I can't wait for hakan, mauri and bertolacci to get minutes ahead of this guy until he understands the art of grintics

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Save him for next season. He could get injured if he plays.

I say he should skip training until next season too... Apparently they get injured even without playing (Caldara). Although it was pubic "injury"... i wonder what they train at milanello :D

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lack of depth, Jack's injury and the fact that Samu, Calha and Laxalt are inconsistent af is probably going to mean he'll be seeing minutes off the bench quite a lot from the start

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yeah he should be our first sub for many January matches.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he's our only quality entry in midfield – after all we know not an unrealistic scenario – maybe even a starter from the get-go. Physically he seems to be already on Serie A Niveau. Talent wise he could be able to adapt pretty fast. But that's just a shot in the blue from me. Hakan IMO will mainly remain our LW as long as there is no new entry on the wings as well as that's where we're most lacking interprets numerously.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he could get a few minutes off the bench for the coppa. Considering the importance of a trophy now, no way Gattuso would start him even for the coppa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
If he is going to be used as an LW then I can see him getting minutes regularly but if he will be in midfield then I think they will be more time before we see him.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I hope to see him play minutes in our Coppa Italia match vs Sampdoria. Gotta rest some players before the final vs Juve.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel like a stalker but i went and watched almost every video with Paqueta, and read most of (if not all) comments under videos, even translated top rated brazilian ones and reddit threads wherever he was mentioned too :D

I agree with everyone who is saying he will need some time to adapt, he still needs to improve some aspects of his play...But, what i personally feel, those ppl (especially Gattuso, Leo and others connected to club) are just being cautious, they are just trying to reduce the pressure on him. I feel they are even overreacting as there is totally legit and possible chance for him to jump into first 11 from the get go...
Yes, everyone can fail and flop sometimes/somewhere but this guy will be the most skilled player in team by far, noone in our team comes even close with skills, difficult passes and some other parts...

One more thing i dont remember anyone posted, gets me even more hyped.

"He is one of the top five performers (Milan Lab) as per medical tests in the history of the club" - Gattuso

A fucking beast, so he is physically very strong and 3 times more skilled than our current most skilled player?.. Im just too hyped, cant wait to see him in our shirt :D

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's impressive, but didn't Fernando Torres and Borini beat all kinds of records at Milan Lab too? :lol:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont remember Borini having the same skills tho :D Skilled players usually dont train as hard as Borinhos of the world

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Start training and learn Italian ASAP.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Very happy with this signing. I can't remember the last time Milan paid big bucks for an unproven youngster. One things for sure, he's got the skillset of a future champion. He just needs the right coach/teammates to bring it out to avoid being the next Denilson.