Official: Mattia Caldara Thread

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We are on a run of terrible luck. Feel sorry for Caldara he was just getting back to full fitness and this happens.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Stop buying players from Atalanta.

I bet Zapata-Musa will be pretty solid.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Stop buying players from Atalanta.

I bet Zapata-Musa will be pretty solid.

Why? They produce great players, that are not broken 24/7 when they play there.

What we should do is stop sending people who need medical care to Milan lab.

As for Caldara, i think he is done..as a promising player that is. He will most likely be sold once he is recovered, and be lucky if he is still good enough to play for a mid table team (hopefully not us)

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tbh im more angry than sad for him..40m could have been a damn good winger ... ffs

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why? They produce great players, that are not broken 24/7 when they play there.

What we should do is stop sending people who need medical care to Milan lab.

As for Caldara, i think he is done..as a promising player that is. He will most likely be sold once he is recovered, and be lucky if he is still good enough to play for a mid table team (hopefully not us)

I wouldn’t be so quick to write him off.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Don't think he'll be the same as he was for Atalanta, but he can be good for us. ACL tears are some of the worst injuries in the sport, so it will take some time for him to fully recover. Won't be back until 2020, that's for certain.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forza Mattia!!

I hope for a speedy recovery because AC Milan needs you!!

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Speedy recovery.
Really hope he can become a great player or us.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Fkn Crock!

I know it’s not his fault but so disappointed to lose this guy and doesn’t bode well for his future. Just look at Conti.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Considering all the CBs we have been linked to is it safe to assume that management isn't feeling too confident that he will recover next year?

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Considering all the CBs we have been linked to is it safe to assume that management isn't feeling too confident that he will recover next year?

By December he should be fit. After that he has to regain fitness. Similar to Conti's case whom I expect to contribute this upcoming season instead of last season, I expect nothing from Caldara next season but the season after that.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Caldara: "The injury helped me to understand myself, my character flaws. I thought a lot. I didn't play, but I grew up as a man."

I love these words, that's the right mentality.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Watched a very recent interview conducted with Caldara. Seems like a very pleasant and down to earth guy. Looking forward to when he'll be available to us.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
During his long interview with La Gazzetta Dello Sport, Mattia Caldara also spoke about the issue of his shirt number, which he intends to change.

"I will leave number 33 for Krunic (who wore it for Empoli, editor's note). I will change my number, but I still don't know which one I will choose," he stated.

Nice of him. He should get number 5. Jack is not Zidane enough to pull it off and it was Billy's back in the day. 4 was Albertini's number but would be ok for Caldara too.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
During his long interview with La Gazzetta Dello Sport, Mattia Caldara also spoke about the issue of his shirt number, which he intends to change.

"I will leave number 33 for Krunic (who wore it for Empoli, editor's note). I will change my number, but I still don't know which one I will choose," he stated.

Nice of him. He should get number 5. Jack is not Zidane enough to pull it off and it was Billy's back in the day. 4 was Albertini's number but would be ok for Caldara too.

If we sell Suso maybe Jack can switch to 8, which I think he wears for Italy when he can, and Caldara can take 5

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
If we sell Suso maybe Jack can switch to 8, which I think he wears for Italy when he can, and Caldara can take 5

That sounds nice. I prefer that kind of standard allocation of numbers.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We didn't give Piatek #9. Why would we even consider giving Caldara anything below #30? For now he's nothing more than a good prospect. Not even sure how good is he anymore, after all the injuries.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Talking about numbers when we're so deep in shit...

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
We didn't give Piatek #9. Why would we even consider giving Caldara anything below #30? For now he's nothing more than a good prospect. Not even sure how good is he anymore, after all the injuries.

Back-to-back injuries (as serious as he had) are really difficult to recover from.

Look at Bonaventura, look at Montolivo.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
our best hope for the defence is a perma injured player lmao.

because it worked great with Conti.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Where the heck is this guy?

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great to hear he's back in training.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
love how the commode gets excited from one picture in training.

you should be fashionistas, not milanistas

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
What's wrong with getting excited about one of our players recovering from injury?

And a very highly rated one at that.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Supposedly he has played two games in a row for the Primavera, so I would imagine he is getting quite close be being available to play