Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
The same issues were raised when Kaka was sold. It was done to balance the books. Few years have passed and we are in a worse situation. I doubt this is going to be a turning point. Back then everyone said Kaka's sale HAD to happen to fix deficits and they just continued making the same blunders. I'll reserve my full judgement until the end of the transfer window, but if they commit the same mistakes again (can already see it with the hard-on G's got for Tevez), then this will be an endless cycle until the management and owner changes. Hopefully they change before we drop down to Serie B.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Berlu aint going to bring a superstar like
Ronaldinho_Milan2.jpg

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will ever change the Primavera system into a Milan B team, the way they do in Spain for example. There is a lot of good talent come out of Italy, but they take way longer than Spain for example to become used to big game situations.

Albertini talked about that idea, but so far no action. A Milan B in Lega Pro would be much better than loaning this players all around Italy.
The "B" teams system worked very well in Germany and France also. Many of their young National team players come from B teams.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
The same issues were raised when Kaka was sold. It was done to balance the books. Few years have passed and we are in a worse situation. I doubt this is going to be a turning point. Back then everyone said Kaka's sale HAD to happen to fix deficits and they just continued making the same blunders. I'll reserve my full judgement until the end of the transfer window, but if they commit the same mistakes again (can already see it with the hard-on G's got for Tevez), then this will be an endless cycle until the management and owner changes. Hopefully they change before we drop down to Serie B.

how many people here believe we can/are at risk to be relegated in the near future?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
oh ya..i knew that..thats obvious...sage can't wait till we get relegated.

thank u! we look good posting next to each other...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
But sage told me we will end up fifth in serie a.d. and he told senatore we will qualify for cl. somebody confirm this

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
oh ya..i knew that..thats obvious...sage can't wait till we get relegated.

thank u! we look good posting next to each other...

we totally do. there should be a rule against posting in between us. (like indian boy just did)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But sage told me we will end up fifth in serie a.d. and he told senatore we will qualify for cl. somebody confirm this

i also read a post where he said we will make it to knock out in CL but he also said we would go to uefa cup semi in another thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
he once told me that he's gay. he's the male version of pedro.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you mean the male japanese version?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
28544117-bertstare-gif-.gif

it's okay, take it out on me, I will shoulder your hatred.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
congo, u should hire sage as ur personal japanese nail painter.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
fuck that man, he can go buy the ready made ones that the duck faced girls use.

haha good news di marzio says we will know in 48 hours hahaha

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Albertini talked about that idea, but so far no action. A Milan B in Lega Pro would be much better than loaning this players all around Italy.
The "B" teams system worked very well in Germany and France also. Many of their young National team players come from B teams.

Ya, I remember that, I hope Galliani can lobby for this, this is one area I trust he is good at, actually I like how he manages the team, but I dont trust Berlusconi. I think when Galliani works independently he is better, I am hoping he could do something about this, as something like a new stadium is a bit out of his reach and more concerned with Berlusconi

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
If Cassano wants to go, let him go; but only if we get Destro in return from Genoa.

Silver

Primavera
Reaction score
Whatever

pfff, if all players left who the hell is gonna stay :? .... Robinho and el Sharaawy ?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The way I see it, we need 1 CF and 1 DM for the midfield and attack. Starters in bold.

---Cassano/El Shaarawy-----------Pato/X
----------------------------------------------------------Boateng/Robinho

-----Noce/Flamini--------X/Ambro/Traore-----Monto/Constant---

---------------------------------------Defense & GK--------------------------------

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Basically this
gobbifan said:
Zlatan > Pazzini
Cassano > Bojan
T Silva > Zapata
Nesta > Acerbi
Aquilani/Seedorf/Gattuso/vanBommel > Constant/Montolivo/Traore

mj-laughing-jemblog-dot-com.gif
+ De jong.

Even if the transfer window can be sugarcoated as ok or good cosidering the situation, I have low expectations on the squad. Galliani's 'scudetto contender' is an overstatement. For that to happen everything must go in our way(like gobbi last year). Hopefully we'll squeeze a top 3 finish, luckbox a quarterfinals in CL and start to develop a new team backbone while weeding out mediocre players to move further next year.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if the transfer window can be sugarcoated as ok or good cosidering the situation, I have low expectations on the squad. Galliani's 'scudetto contender' is an overstatement. For that to happen everything must go in our way(like gobbi last year). Hopefully we'll squeeze a top 3 finish, luckbox a quarterfinals in CL and start to develop a new team backbone while weeding out mediocre players to move further next year.

I agree. This season is about survival.
We're on the lowest point of the cycle now, it's a 2001 without Sheva or something.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Basically this
+ De jong.

I like the weeding out idea - however, management haven't been able to weed out the likes of bonera, antonoli, yepes, mesbah for many years (mesbah being the exception to the 'many year')

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Terrible transfer window and we now have a team full of average players, you could possibly rate Pato as world class on his day but as he barely players i wont count him as one.

We were appalling against Sampdoria and signing an unknown French kid, Bojan who is average and De Jong who is a good signing has not suddenly made us into title challengers.

We simply will not score enough goals or keep them out for that matter. What really pisses me of is the crap that comes out of Galliani's mouth.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Ibrahimovic -> Pazzini = :cry:
Cassano -> Bojan = :(
Thiago Silva -> Zapata = :cry:
Nesta -> Acerbi = :cry:
Aquilani(/Merkel) -> Montolivo
Van Bommel -> De Jong
Gattuso -> Traoré(/Strasser)
Zambrotta(/Taiwo) -> Vilà(back from loan)
Seedorf -> Constant
Roma -> Gabriel
Maxi/Inzaghi -> Niang(/El Shaarawy)

so something like this

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
There are only a few players who are really worthy of playing for a club like Milan, they are: Mexes, Abate, De Sciglio, De Jong, Montolivo, Balotelli and maybe Poli (I need more time to evaluate him).

The likes of Muntari Constant and Zaccardo need to be shipped out ASAP, they are a problem in fact because they are way below the quality level of the rest of the team and so they form a weak point on our left side. Zaccardo is just a bad player who wasn't even good enough in 2006 when he was called up to the Azzuri squad.

Then you have the likes of Zapata, Matri and Birsa, players who do possess some sort of quality but are not the type that should be starting games. Matri I would have preferred not to sign him to begin with due to his age but since he is here I can see him as a good 12th man who might give us options off the bench and change our approach to the game. Birsa needs to build up some strength but he possess football intelligence, Poli is a good player but he does seem to overcomplicate things at times.

Then you have the likes of Robinho and Kaka, players who can be world class but I just don't see them being game changers anymore.

There seems to be a shortage of good CBs on the market that we can afford, someone with the intensity of Benatia would have been ideal, maybe Daniel Agger can be an option but he is frequently injured, I wonder what happened to links with Papadopoulos from Schalke. We also need some better option in attack to help out Balotelli and distract defenders from his presence so someone who can finish half chances is needed, either a box poacher or a player who runs on to through balls. In midfield a player like Andre Ayew I think would be good because he covers so much ground and would allow our full backs to join attacks us he shoots from distance and can be used as an AM

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
There are only a few players who are really worthy of playing for a club like Milan, they are: Mexes, Abate, De Sciglio, De Jong, Montolivo, Balotelli and maybe Poli (I need more time to evaluate him).

The likes of Muntari Constant and Zaccardo need to be shipped out ASAP, they are a problem in fact because they are way below the quality level of the rest of the team and so they form a weak point on our left side. Zaccardo is just a bad player who wasn't even good enough in 2006 when he was called up to the Azzuri squad.

Then you have the likes of Zapata, Matri and Birsa, players who do possess some sort of quality but are not the type that should be starting games. Matri I would have preferred not to sign him to begin with due to his age but since he is here I can see him as a good 12th man who might give us options off the bench and change our approach to the game. Birsa needs to build up some strength but he possess football intelligence, Poli is a good player but he does seem to overcomplicate things at times.

Then you have the likes of Robinho and Kaka, players who can be world class but I just don't see them being game changers anymore.

There seems to be a shortage of good CBs on the market that we can afford, someone with the intensity of Benatia would have been ideal, maybe Daniel Agger can be an option but he is frequently injured, I wonder what happened to links with Papadopoulos from Schalke. We also need some better option in attack to help out Balotelli and distract defenders from his presence so someone who can finish half chances is needed, either a box poacher or a player who runs on to through balls. In midfield a player like Andre Ayew I think would be good because he covers so much ground and would allow our full backs to join attacks us he shoots from distance and can be used as an AM

Constant is actually impressing me lately, certainly from an attacking standpoint. He hit three or four fanstastic crosses into the box against Ajax.He's strong and quick too, but i agree he is weak defensively.
As for Zapata and Zaccardo. Zaccardo is back- up to Abate, so surely you don't mind him as a sub. He played well against Sampdoria, which are the kind of games he can be useful in. Abate was given an opportunity to be rested too, for the Champions League encounter.

Zapata is a different story, because he is starting for us every week.
As a sub, he would be fine, but not as a starter. I wasn't impressed by him last season, and felt we should have spent the money on a different centre back. He's much better than he's showing lately though.

Agree with you 100 percent about Matri, we shouldn't have spent as much as we did on him[coming from a big fan of Matri}, but now that he is here, i think he will be a good alternative to our attacking options. Yes, he's started poorly, but he'll come good soon.

Good to see you back posting Jivara :thumbsup: