Jose Mauri Thread

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would also like to know what this guy is (human yes, playing stile i mean).

Although i kinda doubt anyone here really watched parma much last season for obvious reasons.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
all i know he scored vital goal vs juve and udinese (?)

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I would also like to know what this guy is (human yes, playing stile i mean).

Although i kinda doubt anyone here really watched parma much last season for obvious reasons.

look for full matches online, they have all serie a games on there

he works really hard and never seems to give up when fighting for the ball, he's decent defensively; he's also got decent ball control and passing but sometimes keeps the ball for to long and gets tackled (on the plus side he's short so most tackles on him are fouls)

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

he works really hard and never seems to give up when fighting for the ball, he's decent defensively; he's also got decent ball control and passing but sometimes keeps the ball for to long and gets tackled (on the plus side he's short so most tackles on him are fouls)

How would you rate him compared to our other midfielders right now?
Lets assume this order.

1. Bertolacci
2. Bonaventura
3. De Jong
4. Montolivo
5. Poli

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
How would you rate him compared to our other midfielders right now?
Lets assume this order.

1. Bertolacci
2. Bonaventura
3. De Jong
4. Montolivo
5. Poli

I can't rank them as each has his qualities + I can't predict form, but if it all goes well I can see Mauri getting plenty of minutes against smaller teams, maybe more if he performs well in pre-season.

Bertolacci will probably be a starter no matter what
Bonaventura's role will depend on the transfers we're going to make and formation but ATM he looks like a starter (LCM with Bertolacci CAM or CAM with Bertolacci LCM)
One of DeJong and Montolivo will probably be our CDM, if Montolivo regains form he'll probably start, but if we don't buy another midfielder Montolivo will be moved to RCM, with NDJ playing CDM.
Poli is a versatile player but he's average as fuck, back up at best if we're aiming for a CL spot.

There will be a first midfield sub battle between Poli and Mauri and I can see Mauri winning plenty of battles because he has more stamina&energy but if we plan on defending a small lead I can see Poli being the preferred sub

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Welcome my Lil Lion :love:

For some reason this signing and Miha becoming our coach has already made this a great summer. I've been smiling all day.

Futures bright :)

Hope he stays here for a very long time.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
this year, i only expect that he can play more 10 game in starting role, 10-15 game from bench! its enough for his progressing!
next year, i hope 15 to 20 game from starting

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So happy about his signing. We've replaced Muntari and Essien with Bertolacci and Mauri and Destro and Pazzzini with Bacca and Adriano. Great start to the transfer window and let's hope we keep making more postive moves.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

18 years old.. hopefully he could develop into a Vidal type of player :proud:

Hopefully he can keep players like Boli on the bench most of the season. Good luck boy!

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
i have minimal expectation for this guy.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

So hes a mascherano type of MF? Well all the best to him.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Found this on the net

Style of Play

Jose Mauri has played the most minutes this season in Serie A for a teenager. Short in stature but a gritty ball winner, Mauri offers himself as a versatile midfielder capable of covering multiple roles as evidenced so far this season. He possesses creativity and was deployed in an attacking role in Parma?s 4-2 loss against Udinese. His performance as a mediano in that game flashing from box-to-box as a potential number 8 was arguably his best this season. His tenacity was on full show when he took up the position in front of his two center backs against Roma. Even though Mauri did not dictate the play from this position, he did a very good job of protecting the back four throughout the game. A busy presence in the middle of the park, Mauri always looks for the ball and recently admitted enjoying his free role which requires a lot of running. Against Genoa, it was Francesco Lodi who was placed as the regista but Mauri put in an industrious shift as a left-sided shuttler. Seemingly capable of covering multiple roles, Mauri is probably best at carrying the ball forward from midfield into a position of danger for the opposition. As he gains maturity in due course of this season he has to specialize in a role but ideally it seems that he is best suited to be a traditional box-to-box midfielder.

Strengths

Mauri?s main strength is his versatility. As already discussed he has covered multiple roles in midfield so far this season which is an indication that Donadoni is trying to develop him into an all-action midfielder. His key attribute is his endless motor and as a capable shuttler he performs the job of taking the channels on either side of Parma?s regista Francesco Lodi to drag his team up in attack. His ability going forward and scoring goals is an added weapon in his repertoire. His link-up play with left fullback Paolo De Ceglie has been impressive in the games he has started as a left sided mezzala. It is rare to find a youngster performing so admirably in multiple midfield roles at this tender age. Mauri has all the attributes needed to develop himself as a protagonist in his position in a big club. His role in central midfield requires tactical knowledge which he should eventually learn as the season progresses.

Weaknesses

Considering his age and height, it must be mentioned that Mauri deserves a lot of praise for his displays in such a vital position on the field. Generally the position which Mauri occupies is a bit difficult for a player who is short in stature but he has shown already that he is tactically flexible. Against*Inter Milan*he was trying to overdo things and was guilty of losing possession in dangerous areas on more than one occasion. Still very young and raw, Mauri needs to develop his composure on the ball and learn not to take unnecessary risks while playing in front of the defense. His ability to drive his team in attack is good but he still has to improve on his qualities as a playmaker. With Parma tottering in serious economic difficulties and a poor start, Mauri might find himself at a new club (and a new coach) very soon. It will be interesting to see how his development progresses in the next few months.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
welcome mauri!!!!!

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Gonna play 2.5 games this year. Loaned out to Genoa by Galliani.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
there goes a good video of him, Scoutnation is the best for these kind of videos...all the other video i've seen on youtube were not able to give me an idea of what kind of player he is.

this looks good. Dynamic, fighter, contributes off. and def. ... some of our current midfielders are in trouble especially if we get the "star" midfielder, we are rumored to be getting.

but only time will tell

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I still don't want to believe he's only 19. His body is too strong for his age

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
His style looks similar to Poli's, just with talent and skill.

Samel

Primavera
Reaction score
Now thats how you fucken accept this great club. Great talent to a great club.
You dont fucken go around rejecting this great club whats the fucken matter with these idiots rejecting my great ac milan, fucken morons.

Good luck to you kid, you have the privilage to play for the greatest club in the world!!! AND YOU FUCKEN REMEMBER THAT KID !!!

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He also hit the post in the game against Sampdoria with a shot from outside the area... haven't seen that included in his previous compilations.

See at the 34th second of the video

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd say let's not exaggerate the deal. He had a good first season, got some experience and is very young and with potential. Hopefully with Miha he'll grow a lot more. However, it's not like at Parma he had to compete with top players considering that even Nocerino was an undisputed starter.

That's sort of my point. The expectations are ridiculous. Posters, who pretend to have passionately followed Parma last season, are comparing him with defensive geniuses like Mascherano and Gattuso.
Why not with Gargano? From the little I saw they had more things in common, although Mauri has a long way to go to become as good as Gargano.

Most commoders/tweeters are putting him in their dream lineups, many times as anchor.:proud:
In one year they'll be the ones harassing him and sending death threats to all his social media accounts.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
So he's like a younger, faster and better version of Noce?

Why do we even have Antonio?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Fantasic deal...young, Italian, strong with great technique and top player potential. Best part is he's free. No complaints :thumbsup:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Can't see him making an instant impact. You're in for a nasty surprise if you think he will.
I'm convinced he'll come good for us though, even if it takes a season or two.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Can't see him making an instant impact. You're in for a nasty surprise if you think he will.
I'm convinced he'll come good for us though, even if it takes a season or two.

His agent said he came here to play and he started 30+ games for Parma last year aged 18. He'll bench your lover Poli mark my words.