Yipikaye Madafaka
Reaction score
Grazie Loca!

News-CU-Locatelli-18-19.png

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Been going back and forth about his departure. Yes I feel angry that he wouldn't fight for his spot as regista. That he didn't love the red and black colours enough to stay. That he didn't have the humility to go out on loan or allow a buy-back option.

On the other hand maybe he didn't feel trusted when F&M were shopping for a regista in Paredes and Badelj and were ready to sell him to Sassuolo. Then maybe he was encouraged when Leo started to push out Montolivo and Gattuso used him for the USA friendlies. But in the maybe end he was frightened that Bakayoko was not only an option for Kessie but also would push him down the ladder in the CDM position.

Had a lot of hope that he would be the new Albertini. Shame to see it all go down the toilet. Grazie Loca for the memories, but now he's left I hope he does not do well.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

I know this was posted in another thread and I know I should be over it. But every time I see it I be like:

GiddyBoldHairstreakbutterfly.webp

Loca looks a bit like Anakin as well.

Should have been enough, playing for Milan, alongside his buddy Cutrone. :(

Doesn't help that our only alternatives for Biglia according to Rino are Berto and Jose Mauri.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know. That's what I keep trying to tell myself.

But still....

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Been going back and forth about his departure. Yes I feel angry that he wouldn't fight for his spot as regista. That he didn't love the red and black colours enough to stay. That he didn't have the humility to go out on loan or allow a buy-back option.

On the other hand maybe he didn't feel trusted when F&M were shopping for a regista in Paredes and Badelj and were ready to sell him to Sassuolo. Then maybe he was encouraged when Leo started to push out Montolivo and Gattuso used him for the USA friendlies. But in the maybe end he was frightened that Bakayoko was not only an option for Kessie but also would push him down the ladder in the CDM position.

Had a lot of hope that he would be the new Albertini. Shame to see it all go down the toilet. Grazie Loca for the memories, but now he's left I hope he does not do well.

Grazie Loca for two goals*

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
His career has really stalled at Sassuolo. I thought he would join Juventus next year, but he'll probably will be in Serie B if he continues like he has done

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What? He’s improving and doing quite well like most players in that Sassuolo team. De Zerbi was just the right manager for him. Locatelli made the right move as I thought at that time.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He has only 3 yellow cards in 12 matches, so he definitely is improving.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What? He’s improving and doing quite well like most players in that Sassuolo team. De Zerbi was just the right manager for him. Locatelli made the right move as I thought at that time.

Has he really improved, though? When i watch him, he plays just like how he did in his last season at Milan. Afraid to make mistakes, and always plays it simple and boring.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Manuel Locatelli has explained why he left Milan for Sassuolo. “I seemed like the new Messi, then there was the criticism…”

Locatelli appeared destined for a long career with Milan after a breakthrough 2016-17 campaign, but the Italy Under-21 midfielder moved to Sassuolo last summer.

“I scored my first Serie A goal at Sassuolo,” the 21-year-old told Inside Serie A.

“To score a goal at San Siro and crown that comeback was something unique. I was probably destined to come here.

“Incidentally, I chose the No 73 and I scored my first Serie A goal in the 73rd minute: if that isn’t destiny.

“I had some good times at Milan. I seemed like the new Messi: front pages, articles, TV, lots of attention…

“Then there was the criticism, a lot of it when things didn’t go well. It hurt me, I admit I suffered and then I had some bad times.

“Thanks to the help of my family and girlfriend, I managed to overcome them. Sassuolo also believed in me.”

Locatelli is arguably best known for his long-range winner against Juventus in October 2016…

“It changed my life,” he confessed.

“People, when they stop me on the street, still remind me of that goal. When I think of that goal against Juve, in front of 70,000 people, to win 1-0 and score against Buffon, it still gives me goosebumps.”

Ok, now I've read it like that it reads like he feels he is happy he left for Sassuolo so whatever. Sounds a bit assholic. Hope he stays in his midtable bliss. I just hope he doesn't infect his best bud Cutrone.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like the way you think!

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Locatelli's goal vs. Juve and the Supercoppa win will be the highlights of his career. Shame.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He is so much better than Biglia right now its not funny.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Uhhhm, what?

After watching him against Lazio today, his marking is better, he is far more athletic, and his passing is solid. If I had to pick between the two of them, it would be Locatelli hands down.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
defense wise he is better for sure. biglia actually had a solid game yesterday minus few of his trademark fuckups.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's sad that we can't provide an environment for our youth to thrive and want to stay, or go out on loan. Loca would definitely get lots of playing time in this team ahead of Biglia for the last 2 seasons.

Yes he chose to leave, but would have probably been forced to leave for pennies for "positive capital gains" if he decided not to go. Gigio and Ale are probably out soon too. As fans we just need to ride out these bad years and hope for competent upper management and a great manager and then start to have some sort of identity. I look at Liverpool these days and think if only one day we could get it all back like them. At the moment it's just a shambles and we are constantly reminded of every bad decision made by various owners and directors in the last 12 years.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's sad that we can't provide an environment for our youth to thrive and want to stay, or go out on loan. Loca would definitely get lots of playing time in this team ahead of Biglia for the last 2 seasons.

Yes he chose to leave, but would have probably been forced to leave for pennies for "positive capital gains" if he decided not to go. Gigio and Ale are probably out soon too. As fans we just need to ride out these bad years and hope for competent upper management and a great manager and then start to have some sort of identity. I look at Liverpool these days and think if only one day we could get it all back like them. At the moment it's just a shambles and we are constantly reminded of every bad decision made by various owners and directors in the last 12 years.
How did you remember this milan legend?

And eventually we will be a top team again.

Just a shit period.