Andrea Bertolacci Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Anybody now ready to take a 6 goal season sig bet on Bertolacci if he's not sold?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I dunno really. I hope he plays well. But the only thing I feel confident about at the moment is him contributing to goals. Not sure about playing well.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
contributing goals doesn't mean shit if he doesn't play well. I'd rather he play well all season even if he doesn't score a single goal rather than a nocerino season as a faux midfielder.

if montella can't get him to play well then he has no hope at this club.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I completely agree. Unfortunately, I still dont see any signs of him playing well. I'll still give him this full season to prove himself.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he is almost invisible in the field, how you can expect him to create our game/?

I don't

But he's got the ability to pick up the ball and run with it to create the space
Hes also got good movement and a very, very good left foot on him (he can score and pass) + a decent dribbling ability

I think he needs to play as the most advanced CM on the left where he doesn't have a lot of defensive duties, kinda like Nocerino has

Thing about Bertolacci is, he seems to be a balsy cunt that doesn't like working hard & thinks hes already made it

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I completely agree. Unfortunately, I still dont see any signs of him playing well. I'll still give him this full season to prove himself.

Again??

Get me your drugs because it's hard seeing us trying for an EL spot again (and again)

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's just sooooo fucking lazy. Never runs for a 50/50 ball and when he gets the ball he seems to think he is the re-birth of Pirlo taking his sweet as time etc.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Again??

Get me your drugs because it's hard seeing us trying for an EL spot again (and again)

What 'again'? I've always said 2 years to new young players.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
contributing goals doesn't mean shit if he doesn't play well. I'd rather he play well all season even if he doesn't score a single goal rather than a nocerino season as a faux midfielder.

if montella can't get him to play well then he has no hope at this club.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
I don't

But he's got the ability to pick up the ball and run with it to create the space
Hes also got good movement and a very, very good left foot on him (he can score and pass) + a decent dribbling ability

I think he needs to play as the most advanced CM on the left where he doesn't have a lot of defensive duties, kinda like Nocerino has

Thing about Bertolacci is, he seems to be a balsy cunt that doesn't like working hard & thinks hes already made it

I don't see any of your posts from him in real matches. Are you sure you're in the right thread?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
What 'again'? I've always said 2 years to new young players.

i can see where we're not crossing each others path.....to me a young player is below 21

we need immediate impact not some kind of fairy land rule of 2yrs

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You don't get immediate impact from young (which is less than 26-27 not 21 don't be a Commoder) players in Serie A.

For immediate impact, you buy players at their peak.

Don't put Galliani's sins (overpaying and plusvalenza deals) on the player. Bertolacci has nothing to do with the transfer fee and should be evaluated independently.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I knew you were going to bring up that young players are older in serie a

Apart from transfer fee, I'd like us to buy peak players, or just better ones than Berto.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Certainly. So blame the guy who does the transfers.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Okay as one of the very few posters who kinda hoped and believed that he would succeed, i am starting to have doubts about this guy making it at milan.

You know you are in trouble when even poli performs better than you.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're too quick to label players flops. Especially after one season with injury and mediocre management. Even more so when the player in question had a good seasons prior to that.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our strategy is. :fp:

We should sell our flops quickly and replace them with the ones that work

:fp::fp::lol::lol:

Do you really think anybody is going to buy any of our overpaid flops?

Only 4 clubs (Ladri, Merda, Roma and Napoli) could afford them. Nobody is going to pay for them at all. Like I said before, the only thing we can do is loan them and pay between 50-75% of their salary.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
You're too quick to label players flops. Especially after one season with injury and mediocre management. Even more so when the player in question had a good seasons prior to that.

yes i'm fast :cool:

the way he played is top flopping

of course management (Silvio) is to blame

:fp::fp::lol::lol:
Do you really think anybody is going to buy any of our overpaid flops?

Only 4 clubs (Ladri, Merda, Roma and Napoli) could afford them. Nobody is going to pay for them at all. Like I said before, the only thing we can do is loan them and pay between 50-75% of their salary.

the loan i like, definetly to Genoa :g:

that's the sad thing, that no one will buy our misbuys

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems to me like he's one of those guys where we don't know exactly what his best role is, or at least at this team.

At Genoa he had a lot of freedom, and being the most technically gifted mid on his team the ball went through him a lot. Add to that he had combative mids around him to sort of protect him.

I don't think he'll get that type of role at a bigger club. He's a good player skill wise, but not strong enough to carry a whole midfield. But at the same time, he seems so much better in a fully central role rather than as a side central mid.

What I want to see more of from berto is him looking for goal more than trying to a tempo setter in midfield. I think he sort of struggled in the same way monto has for the last couple years. Our midfield is so weak technically that any mid with any sort of passing skill set is asked to play make and set the pace of the midfield. Bertolacci doesn't seem like that me. I know at Genoa he played in front of the defense but at the same time he contributed to so many goals for them. He can play decent long balls and beat defenders, and I want more of that from berto. I hope montella doesn't try to use him as a controlling mid because he can pass better than kucka and poli. To me, he doesn't have the mentality or mindset to control a midfield and be an outlet from pressure. He needs to be driving forward.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems to me like he's one of those guys where we don't know exactly what his best role is, or at least at this team.

At Genoa he had a lot of freedom, and being the most technically gifted mid on his team the ball went through him a lot. Add to that he had combative mids around him to sort of protect him.

I don't think he'll get that type of role at a bigger club. He's a good player skill wise, but not strong enough to carry a whole midfield. But at the same time, he seems so much better in a fully central role rather than as a side central mid.

What I want to see more of from berto is him looking for goal more than trying to a tempo setter in midfield. I think he sort of struggled in the same way monto has for the last couple years. Our midfield is so weak technically that any mid with any sort of passing skill set is asked to play make and set the pace of the midfield. Bertolacci doesn't seem like that me. I know at Genoa he played in front of the defense but at the same time he contributed to so many goals for them. He can play decent long balls and beat defenders, and I want more of that from berto. I hope montella doesn't try to use him as a controlling mid because he can pass better than kucka and poli. To me, he doesn't have the mentality or mindset to control a midfield and be an outlet from pressure. He needs to be driving forward.

Have anybody watched him play at all in Genoa? have anyone?

Bertolacci is a 'crafty' player. He will win you some free kicks make some good passes every other game but he has never been what people thought of him.

- Defensively? Weak.
- Offensively? Average
- Passing skills? Average
- Vision? Poor
- Crafty (meaning will get you free kicks)? Borderline world class.

Let's just accept that Bertolacci is a very poor version of Bonavcentura. Nothing more, nothing less. There have been so many players that have been more impressive than Berto over the last few years over many different teams in serie A.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
how does that work though? are we talking about the literal lying-about-their-age players?

in england martial, in germany renato sanches and in spain messi all started young

while in italy bertolacci is considered young

(according to necro)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His style, when fully effective, is somewhat similar to Aaron Ramsey. Ramsey was effective for Arsenal only after 3 or 4 full mediocre seasons.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
His style, when fully effective, is somewhat similar to Aaron Ramsey. Ramsey was effective for Arsenal only after 3 or 4 full mediocre seasons.

and after a lot of injuries. what if albmovi meant well ?

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
and after a lot of injuries. what if albmovi meant well ?

I don't know Ramsey and i don't know if this though can be related to Bertolacci either, but think that sometimes the clubs spreads fake news about injuries when a player is doing way too much shit to even sit on the bench.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
like Bertolacci's 1st half sub ? :lol:

It actually crossed my mind when Montella went to him. How funny would it be if Montella whispered to him "Limp so you don't look like shit"

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I was mad when we signed him because he was complete shit and sure enough, he still is. 20m flushed down the toilet. Thanks.Galliani.

@Necro lol he's nothing like Ramsey. Ramsey's a warrior type like Vidal, Matuidi, Parolo. Bertolacci is just another Nocerino shitter. Not good at anything, invisible, like playing with 10 men. Muntari was much better than him.

Schedule