Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He was not very good when he came on previous years. I guess he just needed a bigger sample of games and less pressure on him, which he got at Genoa and now continued here.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The loan to Genoa did him very well.

I saw nothing from him before that which suggested that he could perform anywhere close to this.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Suso always had hype. He did well in Spain and did great for not only our preseason but Liverpools as well. For some odd reason he never consistently started.

I guess he needed more tactical understanding of the game and more flexibility in how he did the things he did.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The loan to Genoa did him very well.

I saw nothing from him before that which suggested that he could perform anywhere close to this.

i saw nothing of him period. like the people who say saponara flopped here, when the guy played 300mins of football. this club has been managed terribly in recent seasons. A lot of players ( most recently van ginkel) said there's a lot of politics in the club. you have to wonder why he as well as pasalic didn't kick a ball for the first few months, also suso, vangioni, saponara etc. I can totally imagine it has to do with agents and favors and bullshit only galliani could get up to.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i saw nothing of him period. like the people who say saponara flopped here, when the guy played 300mins of football. this club has been managed terribly in recent seasons. A lot of players ( most recently van ginkel) said there's a lot of politics in the club. you have to wonder why he as well as pasalic didn't kick a ball for the first few months, also suso, vangioni, saponara etc. I can totally imagine it has to do with agents and favors and bullshit only galliani could get up to.

Hm? Montella decided to make Suso a focus point of this team from the very first friendly we played (against Bordeaux or so) with him as our coach?

For Pasalic, maybe I'm a little bit biased to Montella () but I think until this point he understood very well when to introduce the players avaiable and when to keep them on the bench. Some of them needed more time to settle a bit, but when he brought them they never felt like a fish out of water despite you barely saw them play before (Vangioni for example or Sosa and also Mati after his injury and Pasalic ofc).

The-Loko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Maldini Sheva Batistuta Riquelme Benedetto Ginobili
That's it, I'm ordering an Elf Zuzo shirt

Don't forget to buy a 'Midtablotella' shirt, just paint it with black stripes and that's it:thumbsup:
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Welcome back Suso! :proud:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Welcome back lionel suso :proud:.
He started performing just when I removed him as my avatar looool.

The-Loko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Maldini Sheva Batistuta Riquelme Benedetto Ginobili
In the 1st round against Palermo he scored a goal + assist and then 2 goals against Inter.

This game did the same hope he score 2 again in the derby

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Wasn't pasalic injured?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Nr8 is more original, plus he's not a natural #10

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

Well messi has #10 and plays in the same position as suso :o

Also and 8 isn't a winger either

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Suso is a unique kind of player. He doesn't fit the traditional 11 winger role, the 7 second striker role or the 10 trequartista role. He has characteristics of all three so I'm not sure what number he should get if we're being traditional. Im leaning towards 11.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
needs to hit double digits on both

In serie A this season :
Apps: 28
Goals: 7
Assists: 8
Chances created: 49
Avg. Passing accuracy: 80%

#StatsLovers

PS. he already has 10 assists in all competitions

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso is a unique kind of player. He doesn't fit the traditional 11 winger role, the 7 second striker role or the 10 trequartista role. He has characteristics of all three so I'm not sure what number he should get if we're being traditional. Im leaning towards 11.

My traditional numbers for yesterdays mid and attack would be

Suso 10
Bacca 9
Deu 11
Kucka 8
Sosa 6
Pasalic 7

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
My traditional numbers for yesterdays mid and attack would be

Suso 10
Bacca 9
Deu 11
Kucka 8
Sosa 6
Pasalic 7

Your hurting my eyes with that Pasalic number 7. :lol: Agree with all the others. Just goes to show how badly we need that second striker/winger type of player as we have none in the squad.

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I always though retiring 1-11 numbers made no sense. Respect to Baresi and Maldini, but there has to be another way to honor them.

They are arguably the two best defenders of all time. Retiring their numbers is the only way we could honor them.. well unless we build a statue for them in front of the stadium.

Schedule