Game of thrones: board game

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
resampler.aspx

Any of you familiar with the game? We could start a forum game with the help of this map, and i can mod it to keep it updated with the events that take place each turn.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I'm in always for any forum game, sexual or otherwise. :thumbsup:

I'm sure most of the Mafia crowd would be interested as well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sounds interesting. How does one play it?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Sounds interesting. How does one play it?

Are you familiar with the game rules? If you are basically me or whoever else wants to moderate should do two things:

- Present Westeros cards at each turn ( i have the game irl, and i will post what cards have been drawn)
- Present Wilding card to player who holds the raven at each turn if he chooses so.
- Update the map after each player posts his moves for example:

Player 1:

- March Order at winterfell units to Moat Cailin.

If Moat Cailin isn't hold by an opposing player, i will just move his units there. If there is an opposing army, each player will post his chosen house hard and/or Valyrian sword if he wants to use it ( and posses it ofc)

And then proceed to calculate who is the winner based on their army strengths + house cards.

Basically just like in a real life game, but each player will post his moves here, and i will resolved them in order of the game board iron throne.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Always inn for whatever will improve my english

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
So we need a fair, unbiased Moderator. :devilehh:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Always inn for whatever will improve my english

In you go then:)

So we need a fair, unbiased Moderator. :devilehh:

Well there's no dice in this game, so cheating is rather limited.

---

So have you guys played the game irl? Because if not this might be hard to play online.

Here's a brief tutorial:

But it doesn't cover much of the game rules, just the basic ones.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cool I'm in.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm in if this is nothing like the Mafia game. I didn't really get Mafia.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
resampler.aspx

Any of you familiar with the game? We could start a forum game with the help of this map, and i can mod it to keep it updated with the events that take place each turn.

i'm in

fantasy flight games have the nest boardgames :thumbsup:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Is it like fantasy role playing?

I'll be a Muslim.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Is it like fantasy role playing?

I'll be a Muslim.
When u decide to blow up, let me know, I'll give you a list of members that you cud take out with you.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok so we need to be 6 players, so i take it none of you who had signed up so far have played the game irl?

If so, watch the video i posted earlier, and some time later today or tomorrow il try to make a summary of the rules.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2 players/ fraction

That would be pointless since only one person issue the orders/faction. But sure if you guys want to play as let say:

- 2 generals for Lannisters and both you come up with a common decision on what your next move should be, one of you can post it.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Somebody actually has written a noob guide, so here lads :

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124364/interactive-beginners-reference

Read that, and post ready whenever you are ready to play here. As soon as 5 competent players sign in ( don't sign in if you didn't watch the video + read the tutorial, you will just ruin the game ) we start fighting:D

Also houses will be assigned randomly.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be pointless since only one person issue the orders/faction. But sure if you guys want to play as let say:

- 2 generals for Lannisters and both you come up with a common decision on what your next move should be, one of you can post it.

i get the pointlessness....but on the other hand this could make the tactics more interesting

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i get the pointlessness....but on the other hand this could make the tactics more interesting

Sure thing, so guys have you managed to go trough the tutorials? You will also learn as you go because this game is pretty much impossible to learn from the first match.

On another note, i finally managed to gather my friends for a live game again after almost 2 months, will post some pics this week end. I plan to do a red wedding :D

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking about 2 fraction....as it stands now it'll be hard to get 1 player per fraction

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
how much activity does the game require?

I log on the forum few times a day, will it be enough?

You must convert to my religion

Pray multiple times per day

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
The game is afoot

:D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
how much activity does the game require?

I log on the forum few times a day, will it be enough?

More then enough, if everybody logs in at least once a day, it will keep it rolling quite well, multiple times would be awesome but not a requirement.

So people, shall we get this going?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i haven't had the time (or will :D) to read through the rules and stuff like that, so I'm out.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i haven't had the time (or will :D) to read through the rules and stuff like that, so I'm out.

You should they are really not that hard, basically a short description is like this:

- The purpose of the game is to be the first to control 7 castle, or if turn 10 is reached, whoever holds the most castles wins.
- You do this by fighting with other players for them.
- Fighting system is pretty simple: you calculate the strength of our units + the power of your house cards + the vs if applicable.
- At the beginning of each turn you give order to your units: march, support, defend, pillage, collect money.
- You draw cards that tell you do to extra stuff like bid for whoever holds the iron throne ( the it determines the order of players and some equalities )

... That's the gist of it: you draw cards, resolve the cards text, you place your orders to your unit, resolve the orders to your units, continue to the next turn and repeat.

Its an awesome game of deception :D..it does work better in person though. This week end my loving gf totally pulled 2 red weddings on my ass and lost both games when i was winning all the battles:D