Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same here... :( What's your reason?

I just drowned in the amount of events. I used to love the stacked cards.

Same as you. Way too many fighters and events to really care.

Plus as I?ve gotten older, I went from hating Ricardo Arona to modeling my bjj game after his grappling style :lol:

I also no longer appreciate slug fests, I guess I have a higher demand for techniques so I find a lot of fights not as interesting as I would if I was younger

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I don't watch many events likewise, but if you think about it, nothing has really changed. The cards that have relevant title fights, are always stacked bar injuries, which happened before as well.

It's just that in between these cards, there's a lot of shit content, that you can just skip. On another note, i'm hoping Stephen Thompson can make another run at a title fight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Uhhm the cards are NOT stacked like before are u high?:lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Uhhm the cards are NOT stacked like before are u high?:lol:

There have been at least the same number of cards with 2-3 title fights in them/year since they introduced more content.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also a lot of this manufactured personas and hype.

Too WWE like for me. I don't mind the guys who are good at it doing it, but some of the interviews with some fighters trying to do that are just cringe.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Korean Zombie - cool guy, but why/how was he ever a contender :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ortega looked nice, that spinning elbow was so sick

Any chance for Gaethje?

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I think so, I have money on Gaethje, if he can't get it done Khabib retires undefeated I would've thought.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Lamest thing I've ever seen from a challenger.

Thank god Whittaker fight was before this.

I'll pretend that was the main event.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Dillin Danis: Khanib is retiring because he's afraid of @TheNotoriusMMA

yes he @ conor... isn't that the most embarrassing ever?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Good riddance khabib..don?t come back lmao

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Considering his pure dominance in the octagon and his undefeated record, he is up there.

It is unbelieveable that he barely loses a round, not to mention that he was never knocked down, did not bleed, barely a scratch on his face in all his 29 fights- that's insane in MMA.

Yes no steriods too. With all due respect to other legends, as most experts agree, he is definitely the top 5-7 MMA GOAT.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He's most definitely up there as the GOAT. But he's not THE goat because of his few title defenses and the fact that most of the 29 wins were outside UFC. It's a shame that he's retiring, hopefully he'll come back and smash again.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why did he dodge ferguson like 6 times though

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Khabib vs Ferguson would have been an very interesting match up, considering Fergusons ground game and elusive stand up. But if you think Khabib "dodged" anyone you don't understand this sport. Khabib was always the favorite vs Ferguson, not the other way around and most probably would have beat him. Gaethje did that pretty comfortably and look what happened to him. Also, of the 4-5 times the fight got cancelled, Ferguson was twice the one who didn't show up.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he's a coward
scared of tony

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I believe stylistically Tony would be a very interesting matchup due to his crazy cardio and BJJ skills and can possibly catch Khabib by surprise for submission if he is not too careful. Saying that, Khabib has access to the best BJJ guys in the world (friends with Renzo) so he should be able to cope with it.

Unfortunately we may never get to see this.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Lol khabibi Would demolish Tony and I love Tony.

Best fighter khabibi ever beat at his Absolute beast was prime RDA. Watch his win streak prior to khabibi fight and after. It was insane. 11- 1.
Prime RDA is a monster.

Colby struggled vs RDA.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Why did he dodge ferguson like 6 times though

Khabib is scared.
I mean wouldn't you be scared to face the guy after demolishing the guy who demolished him ?!!!

Considering his pure dominance in the octagon and his undefeated record, he is up there.

It is unbelieveable that he barely loses a round, not to mention that he was never knocked down, did not bleed, barely a scratch on his face in all his 29 fights- that's insane in MMA.

Yes no steriods too. With all due respect to other legends, as most experts agree, he is definitely the top 5-7 MMA GOAT.
That's the scary thing about him.
I would get a defensive guy not getting hits but he isn't defensive.
His approach is coming at you relentlessly preparing for a takedown & still not got a scratch.
Was he ever taken down ?

Last edited:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Khabib is scared.
I mean wouldn't you be scared to face the guy after demolishing the guy who demolished him ?!!!

That's the scary thing about him.
I would get a defensive guy not getting hits but he isn't defensive.
His approach is coming at you relentlessly preparing for a takedown & still not got a scratch.
Was he ever taken down ?

Maybe 2-3 times in his 29 fights. One time a wrestler in UFC took him down, Khabib revenged with 21 takedowns against that fella in a 3 round fight :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
He struggled vs tibau but tibau was roided up in that fight and looked like a middleweight vs a very young green khabib.

Current khabib would actually KO him standing by tiring him out.

I don't think even Usman beats khabib.

Khabib beats every man under 200 lbs. He beats Colby, usman, Leon and Wonderboy etc.

Only about 3 fighters at their absolute peak can beat khabib imo.

Prime lawler, prime gsp and prime Woodley.