The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I repeat: donarumma is a very unique talent. Other clubs is willing to pay him 2,3x of what he makes.

That's very doubtful. Even then, it's "other clubs" with revenues more than 4x ours in size.
If they are crazy enough to hand him a 20m net salary, then they are crazy enough to hand us 100m. We should take it.

It's cool you mentioned all these names but donnarumma is at least 7 years younger than those you mentioned.

What sort of logic are you even using?

Youth adds to resale value, not salary.
A higher salary hurts the resale value.

Courtois' contract covers the normal GK prime years. 26-32.

The players' salaries should peak in their prime.
Donna was made the highest paid GK at 18. The club that gave him that contract is not even in the Top 20 of Deloitte Football Money League. This is extremely dysfunctional and unhealthy.

Inter pay Handanovic 3.2m net.
He has been carrying them for almost a decade.
1.8% of their revenue is spent on their GKs.

Just want to let you I appreciate having you on RnB.

:beer:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Napoli ace Allan dropped by Gattuso for ‘walking around training’

Our solution for midfield position? He's fall out with Napoli and they don't need him anymore with how Demme is performing

A player with the exact characteristics we need.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Cagliari without a win in 10 games (now to be 11)... what a drop, although expected. Kudos to them for a great season nevertheless

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
That's very doubtful. Even then, it's "other clubs" with revenues more than 4x ours in size.

If they are crazy enough to hand him a 20m net salary, then they are crazy enough to hand us 100m. We should take it.

What sort of logic are you even using?

Youth adds to resale value, not salary.

A higher salary hurts the resale value.

Courtois' contract covers the normal GK prime years. 26-32.

The players' salaries should peak in their prime.

Donna was made the highest paid GK at 18. The club that gave him that contract is not even in the Top 20 of Deloitte Football Money League. This is extremely dysfunctional and unhealthy.

Inter pay Handanovic 3.2m net.

He has been carrying them for almost a decade.

1.8% of their revenue is spent on their GKs.

There are 7 u22 players who make more than donnarumma. If you look at it donnarumma is underpaid. It's not his problem hes playing for our broke ass club.

Donnarumma is currently sitting on top 3 gk in the world (Stats wise).

You have to pay if you're looking to keep a jewel at your club. It's as simple as that.

And salaries are paid based on potential. Look at Jovic, Mpabbe, Sancho, Rashford, Pulisic, felix, de ligt and dembele. I dont think their salary will affect their resale value.

They have a different case because you're not selling a rotational player but a star. There will always be a demand on those type of players unlike veteran players with huge salaries like Higuain for example.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli pre-match conference:

“We must reinforce the positive sensations and find the same spirit we showed in recent weeks,” said the coach in his press conference.

The Rossoneri fumbled a 2-0 lead to lose the Derby della Madonnina 4-2, then conceded a late penalty in their Coppa Italia semi-final draw with Juventus.

“We have the characteristics to play with this system, you can see the team is happier in these roles, is more balanced and solid, as well as creating more scoring opportunities.”

“I know full well what my role is, that this is a big club and it’s natural there will always be rumours about my future, but we all have to concentrate on this campaign, as there are still 45 points up for grabs. I am not worried about my future, nor am I thinking about it, as we want to make the most of this situation.”

“I have always felt the support of the club, I also know what my role is. In the end, the results along with the work done will decide future situations.”

Pioli took over from Marco Giampaolo and Ibrahimovic made a huge impact since his January transfer, so where would Milan be today if both had started the season?

“Good question, but it’s impossible to know the answer. When Ibra speaks, it’s always for a reason. He said I could trust him when he arrived, he trained hard and told me he is in good shape to keep playing.”

“The fact remains, if we all play with intensity, then we get good results. The moment we let that intensity level drop, we pay for it.”

Torino are in an even worse situation than Milan, having recently sacked Walter Mazzarri to bring in Moreno Longo.

“Toro are difficult to overcome, as they have a lot of quality and physical strength, will be very determined to turn their situation around and we had to go to extra time to beat them in the Coppa Italia with a real struggle.”

Milan were furious after Juventus received a controversial penalty in the Coppa Italia semi-final, but Pioli does not agree with the idea of giving coaches a VAR challenge to demand on-field reviews.

“I don’t like it. The coach should be a coach, the referee should be a referee. Technology is meant to help the referee feel more confident in his decisions, something I haven’t seen recently.”

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hate this season with passion. 10th now, three points behind fucking Hellas Verona. Mid february.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milanator and tobinho shouldn't be wasting time around forums, but working as professional evaluators for fifpro.

I know that he‘d be worth more normally but he is on high wages and next winter he can already sign on a Bosman. You think you get 100m in that situation or what.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
in 2017 paul singer donated $448 million to the 'paul e singer foundation'

he can give donnarumma a pay raise

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are 7 u22 players who make more than donnarumma. If you look at it donnarumma is underpaid. It's not his problem hes playing for our broke ass club.

You're forgetting perspective here.
We should act based on Milan's financial reality and circumstances, not Barca's or PSG's.

I think Donna could be worth even 8m net for PSG, considering the funds they have available and what they pay other players.

We're a club with a 220m revenue, 185m wage bill and 100m+ yearly losses who is sitting at a 10th place. In our position it's insane to reject a 50m offer to instead give our GK an even less sustainable salary.

And salaries are paid based on potential. Look at Jovic, Mpabbe, Sancho, Rashford, Pulisic, felix, de ligt and dembele. I dont think their salary will affect their resale value.

They have a different case because you're not selling a rotational player but a star. There will always be a demand on those type of players unlike veteran players with huge salaries like Higuain for example.

Salary can destroy resale value, even for a good young player, if teams aren't willing to match it.
Clubs consider all the costs when they sign a player. It's not just transfer fee.

De Ligt's salary could cause serious problems for Juve.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A player with the exact characteristics we need.

For a 3 man midfield if we also get a holding midfielder? Sure.

For the 4-2-3-1 double pivot next to Bennacer or Kessie? No.
He's not the holding midfielder Bennacer needs next to him, or a player that could improve our weak aerial game. We'll be even more vulnerable to long balls. A terrible fit for us.

in 2017 paul singer donated $448 million to the 'paul e singer foundation'

he can give donnarumma a pay raise

UEFA would consider that as a debt to Singer.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need one tall CDM who‘s not completely useless in positive play (best case somebody who could also play next to Kessie) next to Bennacer.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope Lazio destroy Inter tonight

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I watched the highlights for Sevilla game

My goodness are Spanish league defenders a joke. They let him do whatever he wanted

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I watched the highlights for Sevilla game

My goodness are Spanish league defenders a joke. They let him do whatever he wanted

i just saw the highlight of his goal...his control looked very loose lmao

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
againnnn a handsball by inter, clearly to break off the lazio attack, and referee rocchi just acting like he didn't see anything, despite all the protest

what to think of these things?

this guy does the magic

Marotta.Juve.Champions.League.2018.19.sorride.356x237.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Spanish defences are hilariously shit.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score