AC Milan Stadium || nuovostadiomilano.com

Which design should be selected for nuovostadiomilano?

• Total voters

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So going up through the spirals to then go down? I dunno about capacity reduction because it still fills on the big nights for both teams...

Yes, going up and down for tier 2 is what I thought, but again, I know next to nothing about stadium design and construction. So not gonna speculate.

Capacity reduction is also tricky, true.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We certainly need our own stadium if we are going to compete at the highest level in the next 10 years.

I dont mind if we stay at the San Siro or move it is just vital to own a stadium.

The area around the San Siro is a bit of a dump so moving to a nicer part of town wouldnt be a bad thing.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
It is quite obvious that italian teams need to own their own stadiums, but the government will not comply because they gain too much revenue through taxes. If they could reach a settlement for TV rights as well as taxes on the stadiums, things would look a lot brighter. People say it will be another 5 years before laws are passed in the club's favor, but im optimistic so I say 2-3 years.

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Berlu do something you own Italy!

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
owning stadiums are a must now, but i hope we never leave san siro.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Just build a new stadium. FIGC paid in part for Juventus's new stadium

Serno91

Cassanata
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From AC Milan
If Inter doesn't leave San Siro, and Milan fails to buy the rights, then why not build our own stadium? Time is running out, no one is doing something. I only hear Galliani's whining, blah blah blah. Berlu is supposed to be the president (+ of Italy). I know he is dealing with the country's economic problems right now, but ffs in that position, he could at least give a helping hand or maybe he doesn't want a change afterall...
Berlu has done everything for the club, he is a legend. I just wish he was out from the politics and start focusing on Milan/his company (as everyone know Fininvest still needs to pay for a huge payment). Everything is under control, but we need financial success (revenue, sales and etc), which again means constructing a stadium. Our Milan is one of the richest and most supported team, so being in such a situation is already a shame. Take action now or suffer, that's the only thing I have to say. Serie A is already falling behind EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga, I believe even other shitty leagues are doing better than this.
Look on Juventus, Roma and other Italian teams, all of them are going in the right path, getting their own stadiums. Why can't Milan start doing the same and not wasting any more time on this issue?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, van Basten, Weah, Pippo, Kaka', Pato
How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.

I'm not going to claim I know everything about how they are built but, I'd have to imagine the physical infrastructure of the San Siro is on the back-end of its depreciation schedule. Having been completed in 1926 and the last major renovation in 1990 (the press box renovation doesn't really count), it's only logical to think the cost to maintain the San Siro's physical infrastructure (by that I'm talking water and sewer, electrical wiring, piping, etc...) are becoming very high, which I'm sure the finance men accounted before when they broke ground in 1925. And yes, when those things start to fail it is very costly, and not usually financially worthwhile to maintain. Especially when you consider the expense of retrofitting the San Siro with the appropriate technologies of a modern day stadium, it becomes almost as costly as building a new stadium from the ground up.

So, to your point regarding not much tearing down being necessary, you may be right -- but gutting it from the inside out to maintain a failing physical infrastructure is even more costly.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm not going to claim I know everything about how they are built but, I'd have to imagine the physical infrastructure of the San Siro is on the back-end of its depreciation schedule. Having been completed in 1926 and the last major renovation in 1990 (the press box renovation doesn't really count), it's only logical to think the cost to maintain the San Siro's physical infrastructure (by that I'm talking water and sewer, electrical wiring, piping, etc...) are becoming very high, which I'm sure the finance men accounted before when they broke ground in 1925. And yes, when those things start to fail it is very costly, and not usually financially worthwhile to maintain. Especially when you consider the expense of retrofitting the San Siro with the appropriate technologies of a modern day stadium, it becomes almost as costly as building a new stadium from the ground up.

So, to your point regarding not much tearing down being necessary, you may be right -- but gutting it from the inside out to maintain a failing physical infrastructure is even more costly.

yes, this exactly was my point in the post a few weeks before. i love san siro as every other milan fan but it would be wiser for us to build a completely new stadium than to adjust this one - a much smarter decision ...

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
If we buy San Siro, once revamped, we should start a burger shop in there called 'Papa Berlusca's', with underage waitresses in very short skirts. ;)

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we buy San Siro, once revamped, we should start a burger shop in there called 'Papa Berlusca's', with underage waitresses in very short skirts. ;)

:lol: It would be fantastic.

Imagine someone ordering a "Bunga Burger" hahahahaha

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
it should be named after berlusconi period, anybody who doesnt agree should be executed double period

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
I think one day we'll buy the San Siro and will be named after Berlusca..Berlusca always keeps saying how Santiago Bernabeu has a Stadium after him even though Berlusca has been more succesful than him..

Once the Inter's project gets approved i guess we'll push hard for the stadia..I dont think we'll move outa San Siro,cuz berlusca likes san siro..

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think one day we'll buy the San Siro and will be named after Berlusca..Berlusca always keeps saying how Santiago Bernabeu has a Stadium after him even though Berlusca has been more succesful than him..

Once the Inter's project gets approved i guess we'll push hard for the stadia..I dont think we'll move outa San Siro,cuz berlusca likes san siro..

Why do you call him Berlusca?

alwaysazzurri

Banned
Reaction score
I'd prefer not to leave the San Siro, but i'd love Inter to.

Much as I like San Siro, we need a modern stadium to increase matchday revenues - something like Juve are doing. I would much rather Inter stay in the San Siro, and Milan move to a modern, state of the art stadium...

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
a modern stadium of course

allianz arena is perfect :proud:

something like this

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Allianz Arena is amazing!

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I dream of a new stadium and soon.
But we wont build a new stadium til' 2020 or 2030.. :(

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I really like the atmosphere at the new Juve stadium, I think we should go for something similar, but bigger obviously :D also we should try to incoroprate some of the things that makes san siro so special, I especially like the steepness of the stands because it give a scary effect for the opponent.