The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Milan's Transferseason round-up
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 15:08   #25
milan_fan
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva

well, I can see that in our starting 11(4-5-1 as in out CL campaign), we have the likes of Paolo, who TBH cannot be expected to shine or play decently or play at all in all the 55-60 games this season. That is a perfect replacement position.

Plus Seedorf hits low form every now and then, to be fair to him. He needs, desperately, for Milan, to show any consistency, to be rested every now and then as and when he seems saturated, IF that is what keeps him to perform below avg more than sometimes. The only replacement for our flair players is Gourcuff. 4 players 3 positions. This means 1 injury or Seedorf/Pirlo low form could take it away from us being CL bangers to hardly scraping only home games. As far as a Striker is needed, I can't see why the hell we need an extra player at all, let alone world class, unless Gilardino is secretly moving away right now. Buy Pozzi (i mean bring him back in accordance with his status), will make up surely the loss of nogOli, is he ever moves away.

So in all honesty, our "transfer campaign" seems to be highly misleading and inconsistent to team needs. eg. Strikers we need 4 for 2 positions(1 at times). Midfielders and Defenders, we need just the starting position to be "class". I cannot see us doing any better than last season unless we are really lucky.

Signature

----------- milan beats right here -----------
milan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote