Leonardo Thread

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
lol people still hangs to carlos dick :D

milan>>> former coaches

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I really like Leonardo for cleaning up the squad. With all respect to the players, but it is the right way thinking.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You haven't been following Milan for long have you? If Dinho fails, then it is possible Leo gets the blame for not getting the best out of him, like many coaches before him. That is, if Berlusconi intends to keep Dinho, without forgetting that it is easier to just get rid of Leo than Dinho.

The stats show with Ronaldinho playing last year & struggling alot of the time that Milan would probably have finished outside the top 6 if he had played the whole season.

In my opinion Milan will struggle to win matches this season if Ronaldinho does'nt get involved & play well(it is like having aman sent off every week), so no coach in the world will be able to get Milan near the top of the table if Ronaldinho is playing very badly & playing every week from the start.

Even Berlusconi will realise this if Milan say finished 8th this season & the media will quickly look at Ronaldinho as the chief culprit & that he cannot help the team & Berlusconi will have no option other than to get rid of him.

I think Berlusconi will have no option because even great sides cannot win with apoor performing current day Ronaldinho in their side.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
It still needs an injection of creativity. Its such a pity that our creative forces in midfield do not always perform at their best consistently. Namely, Pirlo, Clarence and Dinho. Sneijder would have been perfect to provide the competition and depth we need, but VDV would also do fine ...

Once again gotta agree Madthechot 4 presidency :D

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
This is a good video for Leo -

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Even Berlusconi will realise this if Milan say finished 8th this season & the media will quickly look at Ronaldinho as the chief culprit & that he cannot help the team & Berlusconi will have no option other than to get rid of him.

I think Berlusconi will have no option because even great sides cannot win with apoor performing current day Ronaldinho in their side.
No and no. If Berlusconi wants to keep him, he will keep him and make all coaches play him where he wants.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
No and no. If Berlusconi wants to keep him, he will keep him and make all coaches play him where he wants.

Key part, What he wants. He has given ronnie an ultimatum (the whole stand on a table, be a professional thing). I think if ronnie slacks and doesnt train and is a train wreck, even he'll be sick of it.

He wants what he wants but he's not stupid. If ronnie doesnt produce, he'll consider it a slap in his face and in many ways, silvio would ALMOST release him (or bench him) than sell him just out of spite

but you're right... its what he wants.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leonardo enjoys Serie A debut

Leonardo was above all pleased with the “pride and teamwork” of Milan on his debut, while Marco Giampaolo credited their quality.

The Rossoneri emerged with a 2-1 victory in Siena this evening, celebrating Leo’s first ever official game as a Coach.

“I saw some very positive responses from my side, because today we showed a great approach to this test,” said the Brazilian.

“Everyone was so fired up to get out there, but above all showed pride to prove themselves after a less than impressive pre-season.”

Alexandre Pato scored both goals, but Ronaldinho created them for him and also forced a tough save with his acrobatic overhead kick.

“Ronaldinho can play in all of the attacking positions and also create goals for his teammates. These are his greatest characteristics, he is finding the right space on the pitch and that is a positive sign.”

Siena had temporarily equalised with Abdel Ghezzal, but were forced to hand all three points to Milan.

“I must compliment my team, as we played with dignity and pride,” commented Coach Giampaolo.

“In the end, the difference was made by the quality and individual moments of brilliance from their players.”

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
DSM with his stats again.

Yay.

Thats all you pretty much base your statements on. Yes they mean something, but their limited in terms of accuracy. Why dont you try listen to your heart?

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
There's a huge difference between this win and Carlo's wins against smaller sides. Tonight, the team actually looked up for it from the start and constantly motivated, instead for just the first or the second half. Also, defensively it was a lot more solid, and I'm not talking about Nesta or Silva, but the entire team that was alert when losing the ball and taking defensive positions quickly, including Pirlo and even all of the three attackers.

AND, unlike with Carlo on helm, this team didn't grind out the victory with lousy lucky defending in the last 30 minutes, but with possession dominating strategy. Have to say, forza Leonardo, just keep this up my man!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
There's a huge difference between this win and Carlo's wins against smaller sides. Tonight, the team actually looked up for it from the start and constantly motivated, instead for just the first or the second half. Also, defensively it was a lot more solid, and I'm not talking about Nesta or Silva, but the entire team that was alert when losing the ball and taking defensive positions quickly, including Pirlo and even all of the three attackers.

AND, unlike with Carlo on helm, this team didn't grind out the victory with lousy lucky defending in the last 30 minutes, but with possession dominating strategy. Have to say, forza Leonardo, just keep this up my man!

not always lucky:head: not even close...

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
DSM with his stats again.

Yay.

Thats all you pretty much base your statements on. Yes they mean something, but their limited in terms of accuracy. Why dont you try listen to your heart?

What the situation shows is that you need Ronaldinho wanting to get involved in the game regularly & if he does this he becomes abig player for whoever he his playing for because he has great ability.

If he does'nt switch himself on he becomes aliability & this is why he needs to be talked up as he has been.

It is obvious that Ronaldinho does his best work when he his seen as one of the main players.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Congrats for your first Seria A win!

Keep it up!

Forza Milan:star:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Interview with Leo on Don Balón, translated by me.

Following the example of Pep Guardiola, Milan has hired one of their ex-players as they're coach. Leonardo comments about his new work in one of the most select teams in the world.

- Did you have any problem at getting your coach license? It’s been said that you passed your test at the last minute.
-There’s 3 levels in relation to the license to coach, the third one gives the right to coach teams at the maximum level. I reached the second level, but I used a new normative, according to which if an aspirent for coach, in a position like mine, participated in a World Cup he can coach a club of the level of Milan. :-)eek:, not a big fan of this).

-And since you won the WC in US 94’ with Brazil…
-That’s why there was no problem.

-We could say that you have taken the responsability to coach a Milan that is under construction. Some of the key players, like Maldini and Kaka, have left the ship.
-It’s true, we’re constructing a team, but that’s no excuse for us to not fight at for the biggest goals for this season. A club like Milan is always looking to win titles. For 8 years under Ancelotti this team won everything that’s posible.

-We’re in front of a new era for Milan, isn’t it?
-It’s clear, and it’s normal that it is that way. Many of our players will continue in the team and I’m happy for that, cause that way we keep a style and a characteriscal image.

-With Kaka far from the San Siro, you’ll be waiting for Ronaldinho to wake up. Do you believe he still can go back to be one of the best players in the world?
-I know Ronaldinho very well. I know that last season he didn’t offer all he could to the team and I know that he can do better. We’re talking about a player of incredible talent, one of the best in the world. It’s clear that I’m going to help him to get back at his best. His only is 29, so he has a lot of years to play at the top. I’m optimist in regards of his future in Milan.

-How do you judge David Beckham’s performances in the team?
-It was very positive. It was a great experience for him and all of us. We build a true friendship. Now he is back at LA, but we’ll see what happens in the future.

-Would you like him to go back to the team?
-Everything is possible. Anyways, during the friendly we played against Galaxy, he didn’t behave too well with us, because he played very good…

-Do you have in mind any other signing?
-Milan has a group of excelent players, but if we could get a WC player we’ll be very satisfied. We’re not in a hurry, we’re not pressured in any way. It will be good if we signed any other player, but if we don’t, I can assure you there’s no problem.

-Which is the priority of this season, Serie A or CL?
-The truth is that we can’t choose between both of the competitions, we have to be prepared to fight in very strong competitions in Serie A and CL. It’s clear that we can’t lose touch with the best clubs in Serie A…

-Like in the last 2 seasons…
-Yes. We want to fight for the championship. Of course Inter will go on as favourites, but we can do things much better than in last season.

-And which are the objectives for Milan in CL?
-We’ll do the best we can there.
http://donbalon.com/Default.aspx?accion=ampliacion&ItemID=1180&mid=436&tabid=147&tabindex=0&mod=436

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I like how he twice said that Dinho is an AM & that he alone have the right 2 chose his position.
If those articles were right then what a way 2 say shut the fuvk up 4 our ******** president.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
A.C Milan coach Leonardo opens his heart
from Swide magazine

The principal aspect of my personality.
OPTIMISM

The quality that I desire in a man.
LOYALTY

The quality that I desire in a woman.
FEMININITY

What I appreciate most about my friends.
LOYALTY

My main fault.
ANXIETY

My favourite occupation.
READING

My dream of happiness.
TO BE HAPPY FOR NO REASON, AS CHILDREN ARE

What would be my greatest misfortune?
TO NOT HAVE LOVE

What I should like to be.
LESS IN THE PUBLIC EYE

The country where I should like to live.
BRAZIL, MY HOMELAND

My favourite colour.
WHITE

The flower that I like.
ROSES

My favourite bird.
FALCON

My favourite prose authors.
PAOLO COELHO AND JOSTEIN GAARDER

My favourite actors (women and/or men).
AL PACINO

My favourite superhero.
I HONESTLY DON’T HAVE ONE

My real life heroes.
MAHATMA GANDHI

My favourite singers/bands.
MUDDY WATERS

My favourite names.
LUCAS, JÚLIA, JOANA. THE NAMES OF MY CHILDREN.

What I hate most of all.
INDIFFERENCE

Historical figures that I despise the most.
PONTIUS PILATE

The gift of nature that I would like to have.
KNOW HOW TO PLAY MUSIC

How I want to die.
OLD AND WISE

My present state of mind.
I’M WELL

Faults for which I have the most tolerance.
ALL FAULTS ARE FORGIVABLE, BECAUSE EVERYBODY HAS THEM

The ones which I forgive the least.
ARROGANCE

My motto.
LIVE FOR THE EMOTION

So, Leo's a blues man.:cool:
That's a little unexpected.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
from Swide magazine

The principal aspect of my personality.
OPTIMISM

The quality that I desire in a man.
LOYALTY

The quality that I desire in a woman.
FEMININITY

What I appreciate most about my friends.
LOYALTY

My main fault.
ANXIETY

My favourite occupation.
READING

My dream of happiness.
TO BE HAPPY FOR NO REASON, AS CHILDREN ARE

What would be my greatest misfortune?
TO NOT HAVE LOVE

LESS IN THE PUBLIC EYE

The country where I should like to live.
BRAZIL, MY HOMELAND

My favourite colour.
WHITE

The flower that I like.
ROSES

My favourite bird.
FALCON

My favourite prose authors.
PAOLO COELHO AND JOSTEIN GAARDER

My favourite actors (women and/or men).
AL PACINO

My favourite superhero.
I HONESTLY DON’T HAVE ONE

My real life heroes.
MAHATMA GANDHI

My favourite singers/bands.
MUDDY WATERS

My favourite names.
LUCAS, JÚLIA, JOANA. THE NAMES OF MY CHILDREN.

What I hate most of all.
INDIFFERENCE

Historical figures that I despise the most.
PONTIUS PILATE

The gift of nature that I would like to have.
KNOW HOW TO PLAY MUSIC

How I want to die.
OLD AND WISE

My present state of mind.
I’M WELL

Faults for which I have the most tolerance.
ALL FAULTS ARE FORGIVABLE, BECAUSE EVERYBODY HAS THEM

The ones which I forgive the least.
ARROGANCE

My motto.
LIVE FOR THE EMOTION

So, Leo's a blues man.:cool:
That's a little unexpected.

A great guy:):)

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
from Swide magazine

LESS IN THE PUBLIC EYE

well thats not gonna happen as milans coach.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Old school Inter vs Milan, it ended 2-2, this man wasn't supposed to play the game due to an injury (guess it was due with the black eye).

Scored both goals...crucial for our scudetto some months later.

Billsyboy1986

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Van Basten, Ronaldo (R9)
Old school Inter vs Milan, it ended 2-2, this man wasn't supposed to play the game due to an injury (guess it was due with the black eye).

Scored both goals...crucial for our scudetto some months later.

1:22! How much does he look like a younger Robert De Niro!!!??
Awesome. lol

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
watching footage of leonardo as a player was great...he was a true left-footer!!

i always played on the left...but when it came to free kicks i would use my right foot

the man has a tough job ahead of him this season...best of luck leonardo!!

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, in the press conference today Leo said something about the market being closed and focusing on the players we have.

Hope it's not true, I guess we're gonna have to wait and see.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
impressive i say
dida gone
kalac gone
dinho revitalized but have to see how long it last
abate almost integrated to the squad
flamini getting a fair chance
viduez card gone

luckily he didnt get fabiano and he need one more fullback, selling pirlo would have been a great move but he has been here for a long time, so yet another fucking chance :(

cant say anything special about his tactics, luckily nesta is back and tiago is class, his emphasis on performance and team spirit will come good but he has yet to prove his coaching abilities

lets give him time and a full back :) and hope he comes good if not we will lose a wonderful scout

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
impressive i say
dida gone
kalac gone
dinho revitalized but have to see how long it last
abate almost integrated to the squad
flamini getting a fair chance
viduez card gone

luckily he didnt get fabiano and he need one more fullback, selling pirlo would have been a great move but he has been here for a long time, so yet another fucking chance :(

cant say anything special about his tactics, luckily nesta is back and tiago is class, his emphasis on performance and team spirit will come good but he has yet to prove his coaching abilities

lets give him time and a full back :) and hope he comes good if not we will lose a wonderful scout

All this proves so far ,is that his a great scout and should have remained one . His tactics are crap so far ,but some blame is on the management ,cause he doesn't have the full backs he needs .