\

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lmao so never playing CL automatically means you're not a top player? I guess you must come from the LocalHeroine80IQ school of thinking whereby Icardi and Romagnoli aren't top players given they've never played CL before :lol::fp:

As for Salah, he flopped at Chelsea (due to limited opportunities) but killed it at Viola and Roma where he was the top RW in the league for 2 seasons before being sold. But yeah I guess that's the textbook definition of flopping :lol:

It's clear the definition of a top player is a contentious issue on this "special" forum e.g. Icardi which is why I used the word "borderline" to accommodate "special" individuals :D

You were suggesting they were proven top players, yet neither had played any particularly big games, not to mention firmino was playing in the fucking bundesleague. That sounds unproven to me. Romagnoli is definitely unproven as well on the biggest stage.

Salah 'killed it' is, again, your opinion. A lot of people thought liverpool overpaid for him, and that's a fact. Also, what about the ol' serie a sucks bit? Who cares if a player 'kills it' in a 'shit league' when he's been deemed a flop in pl?

Regarding the bold part... I can't believe you haven't figured it out yet :lol: Do you want me to explain it to you slowly?

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That statement would've been a lot bolder if we didn't already have one of them as sponsor^^

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only people who thought Liverpool overpaid for Salah were the EPL idiot fans. Who don't realize how good he was at the time and they're the ones who are all busy clamoring for him to win Ballon d'Or.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only people who thought Liverpool overpaid for Salah were the EPL idiot fans. Who don't realize how good he was at the time and they're the ones who are all busy clamoring for him to win Ballon d'Or.

So at what point is one considered a 'proven top player' then?

When the spanish fans say so? The danish? Mongolian?

Is there an international council set up to deal with issues like this?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Firmino/Mane/Salah were borderline top players when they moved based on their past performances and large transfer fees involved. Not every top/borderline top player has to cost 70m you know.

Objectively defined as “borderline top”

:thumbsup:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

Salah had all the attributes to be successful, and he was quick. But he missed A LOT of chances at Fiorentina and Roma.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Salah had all the attributes to be successful, and he was quick. But he missed A LOT of chances at Fiorentina and Roma.

Sure. But acting like he didn't destroy teams isn't fair. Yes, he missed chances, but so do a lot of players. I honestly think he gets more crap for missing a chance than other players.

The thing was, most of time, he was making himself those chances. Also, I think his pace and positioning allows him to get into places that other players wouldn't be.

I think the other thing that people forget is that he's really a "pass first" winger. He sets up others before he goes for it himself.

I think he gets more shit than other players who play his position. I also--genuinely--believe if he was from France or Brazil he would be treated a lot differently.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
You were suggesting they were proven top players, yet neither had played any particularly big games, not to mention firmino was playing in the fucking bundesleague. That sounds unproven to me. Romagnoli is definitely unproven as well on the biggest stage.

Salah 'killed it' is, again, your opinion. A lot of people thought liverpool overpaid for him, and that's a fact. Also, what about the ol' serie a sucks bit? Who cares if a player 'kills it' in a 'shit league' when he's been deemed a flop in pl?

Regarding the bold part... I can't believe you haven't figured it out yet :lol: Do you want me to explain it to you slowly?

:lol::lol::lol::fp:

LOL @ "a lot of people thought Liverpool overpaid for him, and that's a fact". Are you for real? Literally NOBODY thinks that. Salah to Liverpool was probably the deal of the season easily. Even Monchi has had to defend why he sold him so cheaply several times. Do you even realise Salah won the EPL Golden Boot and fired Liverpool to the CL final easily doubling/tripling his value in the process?

I'll ignore the other nonsense you posted about a player not being WC unless they've played in the CL or come from the Bundesliga. It's too foolish and laughable to respond to. Thanks for the entertainment though :thumbsup::lol:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Our Roma’s NT debut v Spain... MotM

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Lmao hates Icardi, Higuain and Ibra (who won us our last Scudetto) yet thinks Cavani is God :lol::fp: Also believes Hakan and Kessie are world class even though they haven’t achieved anything :lol: Congrats LocalHeroine80IQ you’re officially r+b’s most illogical, backwards thinking poster! :thumbsup::lol:

Imagine criticising Higsy for failing in big games... then to go and mention cavani as someone he'd like at the club :lol::lol::lol:

Has he even made it to a UCL semi final yet :lol::lol::lol:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
damn, do i have to ignore you too so you dont quote rubbish? :lol: But you both cant read, I said Cavani is more likable to me as a player, i dont like zlatans and higuains personality and i like Cavani type more DID YOU GET IT AFTER 3 TIMES :lol: I even mentioned that he was weaker than Higuain. You friendos are pathetic, making up things I havent said just to make you feel smart. When I say I hate them, it only means I dont like their personality, GOT IT? Clowns lol I didnt know you were a fraud, Massaro, even tho I didnt agree with your bs posts, I thought you were not a cheap slanderer :lol: and yeah Cavani is still better than Higuana in big games, including UCL and NT (as he showed at the WC) even though he's overall a weaker player.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Imagine criticising Higsy for failing in big games... then to go and mention cavani as someone he'd like at the club :lol::lol::lol:

Has he even made it to a UCL semi final yet :lol::lol::lol:

Lol its hardly surprising given he hates Zlatan too (for winning us our last Scudetto).

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
damn, do i have to ignore you too so you dont quote rubbish? :lol: But you both cant read, I said Cavani is more likable to me as a player, i dont like zlatans and higuains personality and i like Cavani type more DID YOU GET IT AFTER 3 TIMES :lol: I even mentioned that he was weaker than Higuain. You friendos are pathetic, making up things I havent said just to make you feel smart. When I say I hate them, it only means I dont like their personality, GOT IT? Clowns lol I didnt know you were a fraud, Massaro, even tho I didnt agree with your bs posts, I thought you were not a cheap slanderer :lol: and yeah Cavani is still better than Higuana in big games, including UCL and NT (as he showed at the WC) even though he's overall a weaker player.

You just get more and more comical with every post :lol::fp:

Personality wtf? Do you know them personally? Is this a football forum or psychology forum?

You probably hate Cristiano + Maradona for being arrogant and think they're shit whilst nice guy Lineker's the greatest of all time :lol:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Our Roma’s NT debut v Spain... MotM

:thumbsup:

Roma's already a top player and plenty of top clubs would snap him up given half a chance. However, according to some here he's nothing special because he's never played outside Italy or in CL.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Every argentine is WC by nature. If Suso was born argentine his value would've been 230M.

Status
Not open for further replies.