The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Better not get excited about Tonali yet. After Cellino's words, I feel like inter will have an advantage if they decide to sign him

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Tears in my eyes

Lo incontro spesso, appena mi vede sento il suo inconfondibile ?Ciao capo?. Ricordi di quando arriv? al Milan dieci anni fa? Quello della sera prima, in un ristornate sul porto di Barcellona. Aveva appena firmato e andammo tutti festeggiare a cena. Alla cassa la mia carta di credito pass? 2-3 volte, ma senza funzionare. Pag? Ibra, lo confortai:?Stai sereno, lo stipendio arriver? sempre?. Risate pazzesche. L'augurio per la prossima stagione?Monza in A e il Milan in Champions. A pi? di settant?anni sono un pazzo di calcio che vive in biancorossonero".

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love galliani but we gonna dismantle that little club they call monza.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Not gonna lie...

Tonali got the Milan face......the face of a winner

:D

71697535_2597942420263485_6889563696712908800_n.jpg

46233659_296293927674205_2221944366434353152_o.jpg

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
If he signs, I hope Tonali gets the number 8 to stop the dumb Pirlo comparisons

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We?

Please explain.

english is not his first, second or third language i presume, one time he replied to me with "do we do you" or something like that, dont pay attention to what he writes, usually he lack of words and just copy what google translater give him, so its not totally his fault.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan overtook Inter in the race for Tonali. The Rossoneri offer is richer than that of the cousins: loan of 10 million euros and redemption set at 25 million plus 3 easy bonuses. Right and not obligation to buy: but it is clear that by paying a lot of money for the loan, Milan will then want to move on to the final balance. As reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Milan management would also guarantee a percentage of 15% on future resale in Cellino.

All positive so far, just hope there's not another bullshit twist, I still remember the kondogbia situation lol

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Gazzetta - Tonali-Milan, for Brescia also 15% on future resale

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Football Italia: Conte tells Inter to snubs Tonali for veterans

Antonio Conte is pushing Inter towards more experienced figures like Aleksandar Kolarov, Arturo Vidal and N’Golo Kant?, letting Milan swoop for Sandro Tonali instead.

Since Conte’s crisis talks with President Steven Zhang earlier this week, the transfer strategy at San Siro has changed to better suit the views of the coach.

That means a focus on experience, leadership and more mature players rather than up-and-coming talent.

Because of this, there are multiple reports a deal has been done with Roma worth just under €2m for full-back Kolarov, while negotiations are stepping up again with Barcelona for his old Juventus midfielder Vidal.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claim Inter must sell players to raise funds for Conte’s preferred choice, Chelsea midfielder Kant?, who he had brought in from Leicester City in 2016 for €35m.

It’s reported the cost of signing the 29-year-old now would be closer to €50m, so players sacrificed to make way could include Marcelo Brozovic, Roberto Gagliardini and even Christian Eriksen.

Other options include Thomas Partey of Atletico Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur’s Tanguy Ndomb?l?.

In turn, Inter have dropped the agreement they already had with Brescia to sign Tonali on loan with obligation to buy for a total €35m.

Brescia President Massimo Cellino confirmed this to Sky Sport Italia on Friday, noting the 20-year-old was running out of patience.

“Beppe Marotta always confirmed the strong interest that Inter have for the player, so I tried to avoid negotiations with other clubs, including ones from abroad.

“However, this lad needs to know what his future holds. I am in no rush, but Tonali is.”

Sportitalia and Sky Sport Italia point towards Milan swooping in, taking the player on loan for €10m with option to buy for another €20m plus bonuses.

Brescia would prefer this to be an obligation, similar to the deal they had with Inter.

Some Inter fans have been critical of Tonali for ‘changing his mind,’ but Sky Sport Italia and indeed Cellino make clear the only ones who backed away from this deal were Inter directors.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
10m + 25m + bonuses + 15% of the next sale is getting very expensive.

The club must be pretty much expecting him to become a 60m+ player in a few years' time.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like we're making a big push for 4th place in as low commitment a way as we can. We learned from the high-risk moves of Paqueta/Piatek in January 2019 so this time we're loading the squad with excellent players but all of them low risk loan options and Ibra who's on a one year contract. If we make 4th place, that's amazing and will launch us back into the stratosphere. If we don't then we probably sell Bennacer, keep Tonali and return Diaz and Bakayoko back, and we profit.

The only big question mark now after we hopefully tie up all the deals is Donnarumma. My hope is that we sign a much longer contract, at least 3 years, with a reasonable release clause of 50m + in case we don't make the CL. That seems fair to Milan and also to Donnarumma, as he's clearly worth more than that. In the end it seems like we'll settle for a figure closer to 40m, which is also fine considering the complete lack of leverage from our side.

I'm still hopeful we can upgrade the RB position, but i'm still thinking that Castillejo and Saelemaekers are good enough for the RM. They play a very important role in the side.

Swapping Paqueta with Milenkovic would be perfect though. Solves the RB and CB positions for now but I honestly wouldn't mind Paqueta for another year. He would be the first substitute for Hakan, a player who's been substituted by Pioli almost every game. He'll get a lot of minutes this season, as I don't think Diaz is suited to a central role in Serie A, he's play mostly on the right.

It feels strange going into this transfer window with everyone saying that the defense is the area that's in most need of an upgrade but we're all excited about Ibra, Bakayoko, Tonali and Diaz. I really hope it means that they already know what they need to do for the backline.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
english is not his first, second or third language i presume, one time he replied to me with "do we do you" or something like that, dont pay attention to what he writes, usually he lack of words and just copy what google translater give him, so its not totally his fault.
Behave chinaboy before il diavolo fists you.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Since when is Camavinga low cost? He is considered a phenomenon.

i wanted milan to buy him since begining of the season. back then i thought he will be a cheap addition. didnt know his price went up so much.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
@brk. I think making these moves (and completing them of course) is part of a strategy to ease the negotiations with Donna and Roma. If we're obviously pushing for a top 4 place then those signatures will arrive.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It feels strange going into this transfer window with everyone saying that the defense is the area that's in most need of an upgrade but we're all excited about Ibra, Bakayoko, Tonali and Diaz. I really hope it means that they already know what they need to do for the backline.

We have too many defenders and wages also pretty high among them.
LB: Theo, Lax
RB: Conti, Calabria, Kalulu
CB: Roma, Kjaer, Mus, Gabbia, Duarte, Caldara (might come back)

Need to sell first

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
We have too many defenders and wages also pretty high among them.
LB: Theo, Lax
RB: Conti, Calabria, Kalulu
CB: Roma, Kjaer, Mus, Gabbia, Duarte, Caldara (might come back)

Need to sell first

Wait, what? Caldara might come back? Did he suck so bad at atalanta or do they find him expensive?

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is good, but 35m + bonus and 15% future sale for a serie b team player is bit too much

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Pipe down, he's my friend.

You stay in the corner please.

Status
Not open for further replies.